It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the best Beer you've ever had?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
What's the best, most refreshing beer you've ever had?
What event or instance left you so parched, that a beer was like a fire-brigade for your throat?
I don't necessarily mean the make of beer (although people can add that if they wish) but the tale of what left you feeling like you just found a cool oasis after crawling through the desert for a few days.

I was in gym this evening, and after the cardio and second weight circuit I just couldn't anymore.
Not sure if it's the spring allergy and chest infection going around here at the moment.
But suddenly I thought of the people drinking chilled beer outside, and once that thought-frog had leaped into my mind I was like a beer-seeking missile.
I flew through the locker-room, and showered and dressed in ten minutes.
I was faster than in primary school, when the PT teacher stood by the door to whack your butt on the way out if you were slow.
After all, the men's fitness magazine said that beer is a great way of recuperating after exercise.

And ahhh ... it was so good.
It was definitely the best beer I had in a long time.
I was thinking, instead of a water fountain, they could have a beer fountain in the gym.

edit on 15-9-2016 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Probably Dog Fish Head...

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Close tie between Budweiser and Miller.

The lite versions of course.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

One day we dug a hole to the foundation of the house in the middle of august in Oklahoma, after about 10 hours in that heat we drank a bud light.

That was the best beer I ever drank and the only beer I can ever even remember liking . And its not like I like Bud light now.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

This place was on our way home from work (how convenient) and they had a raspberry beer (called "Ruby") that I LOVED! And I don't drink beer! I could drink several! LOL!

www.mcmenamins.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Hands down 211 steel reserve in the plastic 40oz so it doesn't break when I can barely stand, usually I awake afterwards with drool on the concrete and begin to throw rocks at random passerby's.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
My every day favorite beer is Carlsberg, but i would say the many Copenhagen small breweries/resturants has some excellent beer with amazing flavor.
edit on 15-9-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
That's easy.
My favorite is alway "free" and preferably cold

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I'm not much of a drinker these days (drink maybe once every 5-6 months?), but back when I turned 21, and was bar hopping to get free drinks (when you show id that you turned 21 that day and you get free shots/beers in my area to lure you into making their bar, your bar).

So on about the 4th bar that night, we went to a very dinky local one, that was just a plain old white square building. No windows or signs and you wouldn't even know it was a bar unless someone told you.

I showed them my id, and they told me to take a seat at the bar that they had something special for me to try for my bday.
Turns out this dinky bar makes their own draft beer. They poured me one, and it was like angels dancing on my tongue.

It had a little spice to it, and just a really fresh crisp taste. The following weekend, I found out they also fill kegs of it up for you at a dirt cheap price ($45). That was a fun weekend.... I think haha. I woke up in the mulch next to my front door.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Where I used to swim had Steigel on tap at the attached bar, and always ice cold.

Swim 3000 yards, get an ice cold beer.

That's the best.
edit on 15-9-2016 by LanceCorvette because: add words

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I was stationed in Germany at Ramstein airbase late 70 early eighties. There was a zoo in a small town called Siegelbach. It had the best beer on tap I have ever had still to this day. I believe the name of the beer was BBK. I would go there just for the beer LOL.

edit on 15-9-2016 by rolf11 because: spelling errors

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Sleeman's lager, before they got bought out by I think molson's, who screwed it up. Algonquin lager would be my second choice followed by Church Key.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Well my everyday go to beer would be Stella. I do enjoy trying many differnt beers though. All these miro breweries poping up everywhere is nice.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Oh, that's easy. The last batch me and my boys brewed. Through a slight misunderstanding it started as usual with all the right stuff. But it stopped working after a couple of days so we thought that there was not enough sugar so we added a lot more. It worked for about an hour and stopped again, so we added some more sugar. Hurrah, it brewed as it's supposed to. Laid it down and a couple of months later grand tasting time arrived. Now as any brewer will tell you more sugar in the mix the higher alcohol content in the finished brew.
The first few mouthfuls were a mite off but then you get the taste. It's pure brain cell killer. We can only drink it in moderation as too much overcomes your bodies motor skills.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Newcastle is my favorite, I could drink it for breakfast. Most micro-brews today (especially in the PNW) are just over-hopped swamp water

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I just recently discovered hard root beer. Tastes just like root beer, with a kick to it. Tasty stuff, but it's hard to drink slow...I want to drink it like I would a soda pop.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
My favorite is La Chouffe although that can get a little pricey around here.

If you just want to kick back and down a few the Sam Adams Summer Ale was outstanding this year. Word of warning though, it's so smooth you just can't drink one!

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Peroni is good.. but I do like drinking an ice cold corona in the sun..

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Taddy Porter. Love that stuff but haven't had any for a long time. I've been stuck in a sort of Guinness loop lately.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Vodka

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join