It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Donald Trump Jr Says Father Releasing Taxes Would Be A Distraction

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Do you have a problem with Trump being transparent? This isn't anything special, we're talking about doing the bare minimum that every other candidate has done since the 70's.

You do see there is a difference with Trump and every other candidate before him right?
He is a private citizen and not on the tax payers dime. Therefore he is not beholden to release this. You couldn't even force it with a FOIA request like Vice news is trying to do.

The fact he is a product of the private sector is half the reason I'm voting for him. The public sector(ie the government) is broken. Continually over budget and never on time. It's a self perpetuating cycle. Because if the government actually delivered on it's promises there would be less need for government. Poverty could be drastically reduced by getting rid of government dependency.

Trump is un-beholden to anyone other than the individuals that will vote him into office the old fashioned way. I honestly don't see how it could get much more simple than that.
The Einstein definition of insanity fits well here.
Electing the same kind of bureaucrat expecting a different result is INSANITY.
Lets try a different aproach and maybe it might change.
Even if half of the speculation of the OP, other various ATS members, and the MSM is correct it can't get much worse than it already is.

On a side note if we elect the man;
He will try and simplify the tax code so you, him, and I can do our taxes on the back of a postage stamp. Then releasing ones taxes wouldn't be an absolute nightmare because of constantly being audited.

12,000 pages for an individuals taxes is ridicules!
But then again the tax code is more than 60,000 pages.
I'm sure my taxes aren't perfect and I make less than 6 figures a year...

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

The vast majority of the voting public would either not understand the complexities of the legal arguments involved in "tax evasion" versus "tax avoidance"

Another vote for "the majority of the voting public" is too stupid for an expectation of transparency. Does this only apply to Trump and his taxes or should we forego transparency altogether because people are just to dumb to think for themselves.

Hell, why even let them vote right?

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Do we really want one candidate to be exposed and scrutinized while the other successfully hides? How can anyone sincerely defend a position like that?

NO. A definite NO.

The Hackers need to Hack equally.

Why Hack only Clinton? Why so much fear of Clinton? Makes ya wonder.
edit on 15-9-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

If you are not willing to even go look but beg for something here you go.

One of the speeches found on youtube with a less than 1 min google search.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

You do see there is a difference with Trump and every other candidate before him right? He is a private citizen and not on the tax payers dime. Therefore he is not beholden to release this. You couldn't even force it with a FOIA request like Vice news is trying to do.

What you seem to be missing is that the expectation of the release of tax records doesn't stem from the jobs they held but rather the job the candidates seek to be elected to.

You're also incorrect about "every other candidate before him" he's not even the only major party candidate who is a private citizen in this election — Hillary Clinton hasn't been in public office in over three years.

Furthermore, the FOIA argument is irrelevant a the IRS wouldn't disclose information about a current office holder's taxes any more than they would Donald Trump's. I doubt the Vice suit is going to go anywhere with the IRS but it might with the FBI regarding the other FOIA requests.

The fact he is a product of the private sector is half the reason I'm voting for him. The public sector(ie the government) is broken. Continually over budget and never on time. It's a self perpetuating cycle. Because if the government actually delivered on it's promises there would be less need for government.

It matters not at all that he came from the private sector in terms of performance. Lots of people are elected to the various offices straight out of the corporate world and there's absolutely no evidence that I'm aware of that any of them perform any better.

Furthermore, you've got some impression that the government exists separate from the oligarchy and it does not. Holding office is just one of the ways by which people wield power. We talk about campaign finance and the revolving door between government and the private sector as though these are uniquely modern sources of corruption and I can assure, they are not.

Trump is crony just like Clinton. If he's elected, he'll bring along many of his friends, his biggest supporters, donors, etc just like anyone else. He'll pay back favors, grant favors, receive favors, cut deals, etc. It's what he's been doing for almost 50 years. You believe he's somehow different because you choose to. Here's an example: do you know who Roger Stone is and what his relationship to Donald Trump is? Do a little research my friend.

Poverty could be drastically reduced by getting rid of government dependency.

Ah, the myth that poverty is the result of government dependency. Government dependency is the result of the slow and inevitable collapse of capitalism. That's a discussion for another time however.

Trump is un-beholden to anyone other than the individuals that will vote him into office the old fashioned way. I honestly don't see how it could get much more simple than that.

Then he should have no problem proving it, starting with releasing his taxes. Stop taking things as faith on the word of a habitual liar and ignoring all evidence to the contrary because you want to believe.

I assume you know that "con man" is short for "confidence man?" Do you know why they're called that? Because con men exploit the weaknesses of the human psyche to gain confidence and then they use that confidence to get what they want.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

As a Independent Trump Supporter , I could care Less about ANYONE's Tax Returns , the Country's a Mess , and I want someone who can Increase my Income by giving Middle Class Workers a Freakin' Break for a CHANGE . Is Hillary going to do that ? Hell No !

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: stinkelbaum
a reply to: Darkmadness

Here's the deal...

Hillary releases medical records Trump releases tax returns.

clinton released the medical records yesterday.

Why do you lie to us, like we are a bunch of stupid sheep?

Everyone knows she didn't release her medical records, even CNN said they aren't her medical records.

She will never release her medical records, just the BARE MINIMUM to convince the braindead sheep.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

There is no positive outcome for Trump to release his returns.

Sure there is. It would allow everyone to verify that he's been telling them the truth.

Remember he's openly claimed a variety of things publicly as far as his Income, Wealth, Charity, etc. However none of it can be verified. We simply have his word and that's it and that isn't good enough.

He could shut up all the doubters in one shot by just backing up some of what he's already said. But he's not doing that and it makes him look like a liar.

Proving himself to be honest by releasing them would be a very positive outcome actually.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

What policy proposal that Trump has pushed has been shown to possibly help the Middle Class?

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

What policy proposal that Trump has pushed has been shown to possibly help the Middle Class?

Have you read his tax policy? You don't think me keeping more of my money would help?

Did you listen to his speech today at the economic forum?

How about the repealing my $800 a month forced insurance Obamacare crap? You don't think that would help me?

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Ah , Tax Breaks , Job Creation , Spreading the GDP Wealth after Eliminating Present Government Regulations that have been Killing the Middle Class for , Oh , the Last Freakin' 3 Decades ?
edit on 15-9-2016 by Zanti Misfit because: spelling

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Which government regulations have been killing the middle class? Which of his tax breaks that mostly only effect corporations and the wealthiest Americans going to help the middle class?

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

We need a free market. Right now, I live in Florida and my employer is in NY. If they were based in Florida my healthcare cost would be about 660 a month for my family. Since they are in NY it is close to 1500 dollars. Open it up and regulate cost. Create competition.

Lower the business tax rate. If my tax rate is 35% and I pay 250k a year in taxes for a small business if it is lowered I can hire more people. It happens. Not in all cases, maybe the bottom line is more but it helps.

Last year the Federal government collected the most EVER and we have more people on welfare and out of work now then in 08.

It is common sense....

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

More excuses. His sons seems like such slimeballs too (Eric, the blonder one reminds me of the antagonist from that movie the Purge) - the type of trust fund kid who thinks he and his family are better than literally everyone else.

This guy? REALLY?!?! LOL

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

lol YES!!!

Youuuuu found him!
thanks for posting a pic

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: stinkelbaum
a reply to: Darkmadness

Here's the deal...

Hillary releases medical records Trump releases tax returns.

clinton released the medical records yesterday.

Don't you remember when Obama released his birth certificate?

The same thing is going to happen with Clinton's medical records. They aren't going to say what the Trump supporters want them to say, so they are going to claim they are fake, or doctored, or someone else's, or some other crazy excuse to deny the validity of them.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

I think I would have to ask lil Trump,

"It would only be a distraction if there is something worth discussing hidden in his tax returns, right?"

I mean, he basically just admitted that the reason Trump doesn't want to release his tax returns is because there is something in there he doesn't want people to discuss.
edit on 15-9-2016 by kruphix because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: nobunaga
Your grammar makes me shudder. Screw a period, AT LEAST CAPITALIZE SOMETHING.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Ok and trump releases transcripts of his shareholders meetings. Oh? Why not?
Why should she release transcripts?
If they even exist.know this...
She claimed the income earned from those speeches on her taxes then paid the tax on that income.
And provided us with the documentation to prove it all.

Those transcripts don't mean anything and have nothing to do with this election or any position Clinton held in the past as they were given while she was a private citizen.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Children these days! Jr should just keep his mouth shut. Afterall, releasing his father's tax returns would prove just how smart his father is for not paying income taxes. "That makes me smart," his father said in the debate, in response to Hillary's suggestion that he doesn't pay income taxes. Please, Donald, release your tax returns so we can finally put to rest all the hateful comments that you're not smart!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join