It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we see the afterlife just before we die ? famous last words..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Do we see the afterlife just before we die ?

There are alot of intresting famost last words by people just before they die..
There have been said alot of things that would suggest the near death person is seeing things we living cant.
Perhaps they see the afterlife before they enter it.

Last words before death could be produced by the deathbed visions, (DBVs) are a different phenomenon than after-death visitations. After-death visitations are visions of deceased loved one(s) by people who are not near death. DBVs usually occur when someone is very close to death and they see visions of what awaits them on the flip side.

Through the visions and experiences common to all dying people, you will learn more about the spiritual journey that begins with death. According to recent studies, only about 10% of people are conscious shortly before their death. Of this group, 50% to 67% have DBVs.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

or could it just be Dimethyltryptamine being released in your brain

edit on 15-9-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Not sure. The only real experience I've had with losing someone was my papa. My papa died on the 7th of this month. The most important man, no, person, in my entire life. Gone. Forever. I'll never get to see him or hear him, or eat the dinner he would cook for me ever again

and.... I don't know what his last words were because he died in the recovery room after his surgery. I hope if he saw anything that it was beautiful. I hope that whether or not it was '___' being released in his system or if it was indeed the afterlife, that he had a beautiful trip on his way out.

Maybe there is an afterlife. Maybe there is nothing. Its ironic, perhaps only to me however, that this thread was what I saw when I came back from my break. I've been having an existential crisis due to his passing, and today has been the worst so far. Who knows where the road will take us.

Edit: Didn't realize we couldn't say the acronym of the chemical that your body releases during the process of dying.
-Alee
edit on 9/15/2016 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Once in a truck roll over, as I was airborne and just before impact I was saying "oh s#" but I'm still here so I don't think it counts. I'd imagine that's many peoples last thought when meeting untimely death.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
Not sure. The only real experience I've had with losing someone was my papa. My papa died on the 7th of this month. The most important man, no, person, in my entire life. Gone. Forever. I'll never get to see him or hear him...

You never know. My father passed 25 years ago. I've seen him and we've had conversations. Even though it's only been a few times in dreams, they were lucid and it seemed, at least to me, they were real interactions. Sorry for your loss. It takes time to heal.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I don't understand how you think that clip validates what the title of your OP states? I think the Bin Laden quote is unverified but even if true, it surely would have been to keep the place in darkness so it would be harder to aim and kill people - he was killed outright apparently - no time for visions.

Sadam Hussain was cursing the Iraq that was executing him therefore "to hell with Iraq" - why is that anything to do with the afterlife?

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Me and my sister sat beside my farther when he took his last breath.

From a deep sleep on morphine he inhaled deeply, opened up his eyes wide, and made a sound like he was trying to say something.

That was it.

I always said to my self that that was the moment he was greeted by angels.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

Sorry for your loss and hang in there! THERE IS a afterlife, you don't need to worry about it. I'm sure your papa is in a very much better place right now.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

and '___' is also released when you sleep, as well as about 49 days after conception.

there's a reason it's called the spirit molecule.

to me this brings to light the yet-to-be connection between science and spirituality.

that is to say, '___' pumping through their systems at the time of death could be psychedelic hallucinations... or something truly revealing.

have you read the '___' molecule by Rick Strassman?

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
There's always been talk that people on the edge of losing their lives see or experience things that the living cannot comprehend. There's been books written about people's experiences and who knows maybe someone here on ATS will be able to shed some light (pun non intended) on what actually happens during this brief moment. I know people who have died and then been brought to back to life after all have different opinions and experiences on what happened.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: facedye

I haven't read the book but I have heard meathead Joe Rogan talk about it lol

edit on 15-9-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Um. The James Dean quote refers to another driver, as in the car accident that ended his life.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I've read more stories about adults and children who have gotten a glimpse of the after life, that I believe we continue on in another dimension or spiritual world. I'm by no way religious, but I had a near death encounter where I was broad sided by a truck on a highway. Everything started to go in slow motion and all I kept saying was this is it, this is it! The truck actually entered my van and created a hole just behind my drivers seat. Seven miles away and at the same time, my mother smelled a bouquet of flowers and had a feeling of dread. My wife and I also had many signs after her sisters passing that are just too weird to brush under the rug.

I think everyone is afraid to die, but my strong belief in an after-life has squelched much of that fear.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: facedye

I haven't read the book but I have heard meathead Joe Rogan talk about it lol

you should really give it a shot
I did a research paper on it in college (turned some heads to say the least).

it's really worth the read. I commend Strassman for his applied research. let me know what you think if you ever do!

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

There is no "Afterlife" none...

Because there is no "death".

If You can get quiet enough You can see for YourSelf but the majority of folks can't or won't get quiet enough. Try sitting 3 minutes w/out a conscious thought. Just starting out? Try 3 seconds.

There is a place in Virginia that is chock-full of 'past Life recollections' Most are from children. I personally believe that this is due to their Pineal Gland not be calcified YET, that doesn't happen until they start drinking tap water and eating McNuggets™ all the while texting their 1st grade classmates.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Are You aware that there is an Ayahuasca Retreat in Orlando? You don't need to go to Peru anymore.. I'm thinking of going down for either Thanksgiving™ or Chris†mas™ When it gets cold..

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I believe you can see the other side way before you fully cross over, and I`ll tell you how I came to this conclusion.

I have always had a longing for a place in time I could never quite pin down. A homesickness for I home I did not know, a life I couldn't remember, something. A few years ago I became, a bit more serious about spirituality, not religion in a sense but more philosophical topics. Several threads and post from members here steered me into a few interesting directions and a sort of vague "understanding" started to form, but its just out of reach in a sense that I know the understanding is there but I can not articulate it at this time. Much in a way a mountain in the far distance slowly gets larger as you drive toward it and that mountain of understanding is still a very long way off. Perhaps this could also be referred to as enlightenment? Maybe.

Once I learned how to meditate the correct way, and I could focus more I found myself asking those age old questions we all ask. What am I? Why am I here? Lifes purpose? so on and so forth... Well eventually the question" Where was I before being born" came to mind, I`m fairly certain I fell asleep but the vivid dream that ensued answered that question of homesickness. In this dream I was being guided around a school or facility. I sort of educational institute and everyone I had ever known, whether it was a best friend, dead loved one, random stranger I passed on the street and remembered was there. Everyone. In different rooms they were all doing many things you would expect one to do if one just realized they had for lack of a better term super powers, But also super knowledge and the enthusiasm to explore that knowledge. Much like the scenes in the Matrix movies that had the kids bending spoons with their minds and moving objects around telepathically. It was also much like a hospital in a sense that I saw people "healing" from traumatic injuries, not physical injuries but emotional injuries. Like a switch I felt that heart ache for my first love turn on, then off on then off. This made me realize that some people here on this plane for healing as well as discovery all in the pursuit of experience, whether is was positive(service to others) or negative(service to self). This is the best why I can describe what I experienced that night.

I would like to list a few sources one might find of interest but... Would they be appreciated as much than if I left it to the one to find for themselves?

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Which of course has never been scientifically proven.

Strassman himself has backed off his claims.
edit on 15-9-2016 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
My father's "famous" last words to my mother were "... see you tomorrow, love".

Oscar Wilde - "My wallpaper and I are fighting a duel to the death. One or other of us has got to go".
Jesus - "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit".
Winston Churchil - "I'm so bored with it all".

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Might be since the consciousness and unconsciousness might not be decoupled when it happens. How the amagydala behaves is also connected to energetic state and consciousness awareness of synchronicity and creation of synchronicity/telepathy, since it activates the reward/calmness responses in the rest of the brain. Some people go thru the fear amagydala overload and will recalibrate how the amagydala functions making the brain tuned to reward instead of fight or flight. Others do it with meditation. When people say we are not using the brain efficiently then I agree. Some people are talking in tongues like children without language since the creative part of the brains are energized on a level they are not otherwise.
edit on 15-9-2016 by LittleByLittle because: Added more text to be more specific

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join