It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ford shifting all u.s. Small car production to Mexico

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: hansonlife
This is the type of thing that Trump is campaigning against right? Or am I mistaken here?

He might be , but I don't trust him.

Even worse is that we really have no choice but to trust him , as we have already seen what the other primary candidate has done.

Another positive ( which there are very few about trump ) is that if he gets elected and sucks he will be a 1 term trump chump, on the other Hand Hillary not so much. Assuming she doesn't croak by her fainting spells

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: introvert
money.cnn.com...

Ford said there will be zero job losses in the U.S. as a result of the new plant in Mexico. The Wayne, Michigan, plant that now builds the Focus and C-Max that will move to Mexico will instead start building other models -- probably the new Ford Bronco SUV and Ranger small pickup.

That's what Ford had to say about this issue.

Apparently those posting on this thread don't want to read what you posted.

Well if you want to take ford at their word, feel free.
The fact is that they are adding more production to their line of vehicles and are adding those jobs to Mexico. When the time comes to make job cuts, which factory do ya think will be cut?

Did you read the link I provided? Here are some important points:

The company has 85,000 U.S. employees, up 28,000, or nearly 50%, in just the last five years.

"They think they're going to get away with this and they fire all their employees in the United States and...move to Mexico," said Trump.

The small cars Ford is shifting to Mexico are less popular and less profitable models.

Context is key. Ford is adding some jobs to plants in Mexico, but it has been adding many more jobs here in the states.

Also, Trump is spreading misinformation on the issue. Ford is not firing all of their employees. In fact, they are not firing any.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Well it is true, his entire campaign has been structured around this very thing. Jobs leaving the American promised land because of corporate greed. I mean, don't get me wrong, the guy's campaign platform is ironic in its own sense but you're right, unfortunately the American people right now have two options... a rock and a hard place.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Yes, context is key. Like the first job I had straight out of high school. "The most secure job in the state."

That's what the CEO personally told us all, three weeks before the shutdown was announced.

That's my context. I trust Trump more than I do Ford.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

You are welcome to trust whomever you like. As long as you understand that Trump is factually wrong on this issue, that's all that matters.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

money.cnn.com...

Ford said there will be zero job losses in the U.S. as a result of the new plant in Mexico. The Wayne, Michigan, plant that now builds the Focus and C-Max that will move to Mexico will instead start building other models -- probably the new Ford Bronco SUV and Ranger small pickup.

That's what Ford had to say about this issue.

Apparently those posting on this thread don't want to read what you posted.

Well if you want to take ford at their word, feel free.
The fact is that they are adding more production to their line of vehicles and are adding those jobs to Mexico. When the time comes to make job cuts, which factory do ya think will be cut?

Did you read the link I provided? Here are some important points:

The company has 85,000 U.S. employees, up 28,000, or nearly 50%, in just the last five years.

"They think they're going to get away with this and they fire all their employees in the United States and...move to Mexico," said Trump.

The small cars Ford is shifting to Mexico are less popular and less profitable models.

Context is key. Ford is adding some jobs to plants in Mexico, but it has been adding many more jobs here in the states.

Also, Trump is spreading misinformation on the issue. Ford is not firing all of their employees. In fact, they are not firing any.

Hilarious seeing MSM and liberals defending "greedy corporations" now...

From your article, Mexico has more than 10,000 jobs at Ford now. That is 10,000 jobs not in a US city. What if Ford could bring those 10,000 jobs to a ghetto in the US? 10,000 well paying jobs that don't require a college degree.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

My thread is about how America has become an extremely difficult place to run a profitable business. Ford just happens to be the only us automaker not ran by monkeys.
Ford can't make money on the cars they are planning to build in Mexico. I blame that on our government selling the county to the highest bidder. How long before they can't make a profit on any of their vehicle line?
I feel this is just one more sign we are headed for a financial abyss.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Trump is not "factually wrong" any more than Ford is "factually wrong" until after the decisions are announced. The are no facts as of yet, only statements of intent that may or may not be true.

Press releases are not corporate actions.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Hilarious seeing MSM and liberals defending "greedy corporations" now.

I'm not a liberal and I am not defending them. I'm only quoting what they have said in their own defense.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Your first line of the thread was "More jobs are leaving the country".

According to Ford, that is incorrect.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Don't forget that Ford still owes the US taxpayer money for their glorified bailout

Automakers' Report Card: Who Still Owes Taxpayers Money? The Answer Might Surprise You

Ford Motor owes the government $5.9 billion it borrowed in June 2009, the same month GM filed for bankruptcy. By Sept. 15, Ford needs to start paying that money back. In a government filing, the carmaker said $577 million is due within the next year, and the full amount must be paid off by June 15, 2022. The Obama Administration, dreaming of a million electric cars on the road by 2015, loaned Ford the money to help it pay for development of hybrids and EVs, and to retool its factories to produce smaller, cleaner vehicles. While not characterized as a “bailout” by any means, let’s be honest: Ford’s loan – received at a critical time when other sources of financing weren’t available to automakers or their suppliers – no doubt helped the carmaker survive the industry crisis and contributed to its strong market position today, especially after the Obama Administration finalized tougher fuel economy rules this week.

Want to find something to blame ? Blame capitalism where profit is the most important thing in life, thousands of years since the Egyptians thought burying their "capital" with them in hopes of it joining them in the afterlife and we still haven't learned that we can't take money and trinkets with us when we die

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Trump is not "factually wrong" any more than Ford is "factually wrong" until after the decisions are announced. The are no facts as of yet, only statements of intent that may or may not be true.

Press releases are not corporate actions.

TheRedneck

Then there is no factual basis for the OP then, correct?

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Giant corporation lies. Nothing new about that.

Actions speak louder than words. Have they announced an inability of production to keep up with demand? That'd add credence to their claim that US jobs won't be affected.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Average auto worker in Mexico makes $3.29/hr vs $23.83 for a US. The move is expected to save Ford $1300 per car in costs.

So the consumer can look forward to a $1300 price reduction in the cost of these well built Mexican cars?

OR

There will be no price difference. The idea of NAFTA was to make products more affordable to the consumer and make trade easier. Seems like short sited profit hounds (CEO) make decisions and think they are done in vacuum. Factories close, our countries GDP falls just a bit every time.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
There is a market coming!! There WILL BE a demand for these small cars. The self-driving technology is launched and moving forward.

Ford's CEO: We'll Sell Self-Driving Cars to the Public in 2025

Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F) will begin selling fully self-driving cars to the public around 2025, CEO Mark Fields said during a presentation on Monday.

What Mark Fields said about Ford's self-driving plans
Fields reiterated that Ford plans to begin mass-production of a fully driverless car by 2021. Initially, that car will be sold to ride-hailing services, but Fields said that he expects Ford to offer the car to retail buyers "around mid-decade."

Engineering and Technology jobs are great, but all Americans are not cut out for those kinds of jobs. We NEED manufacturing jobs to return to America and we need someone in leadership that understands how to get it done.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

Don't forget that Ford still owes the US taxpayer money for their glorified bailout

Automakers' Report Card: Who Still Owes Taxpayers Money? The Answer Might Surprise You

Ford Motor owes the government $5.9 billion it borrowed in June 2009, the same month GM filed for bankruptcy. By Sept. 15, Ford needs to start paying that money back. In a government filing, the carmaker said $577 million is due within the next year, and the full amount must be paid off by June 15, 2022. The Obama Administration, dreaming of a million electric cars on the road by 2015, loaned Ford the money to help it pay for development of hybrids and EVs, and to retool its factories to produce smaller, cleaner vehicles. While not characterized as a “bailout” by any means, let’s be honest: Ford’s loan – received at a critical time when other sources of financing weren’t available to automakers or their suppliers – no doubt helped the carmaker survive the industry crisis and contributed to its strong market position today, especially after the Obama Administration finalized tougher fuel economy rules this week.

Want to find something to blame ? Blame capitalism where profit is the most important thing in life, thousands of years since the Egyptians thought burying their "capital" with them in hopes of it joining them in the afterlife and we still haven't learned that we can't take money and trinkets with us when we die

Ford did not get bailed out.
They took a loan with set interest and payments.
The only reason they needed a loan was to research problems caused by federal government regulations.

And why do you leave out the greed of unions demanding more more more?

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: stinkelbaum
i see a trump speech in the near future...
'mexicans stole my ford'.

He already addressed the topic in flint Michigan.

We are not a Sovereign Country, we are part of the Global Market, Politicians make little difference anymore, this is only healthy for a handful of people and will make the World a more Violent and Poverty Stricken. We are at the Mercy of these F'ing Pigs.

Here he is with Little Miss Flint in Michigan. Comforting, lets put a 1%'er in the Whitehouse.

edit on 15-9-2016 by ugmold because: edit

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Average auto worker in Mexico makes $3.29/hr vs $23.83 for a US. The move is expected to save Ford $1300 per car in costs.

So the consumer can look forward to a $1300 price reduction in the cost of these well built Mexican cars?

OR

There will be no price difference. The idea of NAFTA was to make products more affordable to the consumer and make trade easier. Seems like short sited profit hounds (CEO) make decisions and think they are done in vacuum. Factories close, our countries GDP falls just a bit every time.

The savings won't necessarily be passed on to consumers as all this does is make Ford more competitive to their competitors cost structure. US car companies have much higher cost structures than their overseas competitors due to our union contracts, pensions, healthcare, etc.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Your first line of the thread was "More jobs are leaving the country".

According to Ford, that is incorrect.

Fords future job growth will be placed in a foreign country. That sounds jobs leaving the country to me. Especially when Mexicans will not be buying the cars.

I can say that because the Obama administration claims that the economy is just peachy because of job growth.
edit on 15-9-2016 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Technically correct. Of course, there is plenty of reason to believe they intend to move their production from the US based on their present global holdings.

There are simple ways Ford can cut US jobs and still technically comply with their press release concerning jobs, though. How about downsizing or closing other plants in other states?

If you really think relocating a plant to Mexico is good for the US economy, you are seriously deluding yourself.

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join