It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live webcast of situation in Aleppo with real time surveillance cameras

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Looks like Russia has taken the initiative to show transparency with the war in Syria . I can imagine this being a powerful tool and if it is anything like the Eagle Cams and other cams watching over things this will be a hit .

Starting from September 15, 2016 the official website of the Russian Defence Ministry launches webcast of situation in Aleppo with real time surveillance cameras in order to provide transparency of ceasefire regime implementation in the Syrian Arab Republic by the sides. The webcast is held by two ground cameras located in al-Khalidiyah and Tel-Jobegja areas. Open online broadcasting of situation in the eastern areas of Aleppo by an unmanned aerial vehicle has been organized for the first time. The number of online situation monitoring posts will be increased in the nearest future.
eng.syria.mil.ru...@egNews

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
What a # life it must be stuck in the suck of Aleppo. they be mostly free soon. Hopefully things get better soon.
I think you should correct the link, I have condensed the appropriate url here . Use the hyperlink code to get it to display and redirect correctly.

Thanks again.
edit on 9-15-2016 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Can someone provide us with a quick overview of what's going on over there? I understand there has been an ongoing fight in the city for a few years, and that there appears to be a complex arrangement of oppositions and different dynamics.

From Wikipedia, the battle is being fought between:

the Free Syrian Army, Islamic Front, People's Defence Units and Sunni militants against the Syrian government, Hezbollah and Shiite militants.

Can someone (as simply as possible) explain the short version? I know the West has funded these "moderate rebel" groups, but the who's who and keeping everything else straight is extremely difficult for me

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
What is Aleppo?

Haha

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
transparency?

What am I looking for?

Blue skies over some small town?

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

If you look at a map of Syria, you can see Allepo is in the North, at a major cross roads, a key focal point.

As the battle to clear Syria of terrorists (all terrorists) has played out, the Syrian Army supported by Russian air has driven the Insurgents northward towards Turkey from whence they came. Now they are entrenched in Allepo, where the insurgents can hide in the rubble and put up a defense. Makes it more difficult because the fighting is block to block, house to house, room to room.

The insurgents dig under buildings, tunnel from basement to basement, setting up defensive ratholes and ambushes that make it harder to clear them out. As opposed to hiding in the open desert or mountains, cities are combat nightmare for commanders, on both sides.

Without a modern army to fight openly, the insurgency is reduced to hiding in the rubble, aircraft have difficulty spotting the enemy hiding below ground and tanks have more difficulty maneuvering.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

There have been many words written by many differing points of view so to get a accurate picture is not likley going to happen .Too many covert operations with differing agendas . Aside from spending time on different blogs and especially the comment section I dont know where you could go . Some of the links I have been reading all focus on certain aspects every thing from Israeli to Qutar and Saudi Arabia to Irans interest as well as Russia . Never mind the many US interests that range from overt to covert and every other vert sideways ..Links to independent writers www.informationclearinghouse.info... www.moonofalabama.org... pennyforyourthoughts2.blogspot.ca... thesaker.is... www.globalresearch.ca... journal-neo.org...

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Thanks for giving me the play-by-play and battlefield layout.

It sounds like a similar situations to the guerilla armies in Vietnam but with different challenging factors.

There is no end in sight for this fight

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Allepo can play a roll for the end as it can be contained . The eastern part is to a degree and so when they get weak and in need of new supplies they cry to uncle sam and put of some propaganda to stop the fighting in order for new recutes and supplies . That is why bot Syria and Russia has told Turkey that sending humanitarian aid to Aleppo has to go through them . There has in the past been arms smuggled in with some of the aid .

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

There is no end in sight for this fight

Yah there is. With the help of the Russians the Syrian Army has gained the upper hand. The West sues for a cease fire to rebuild their strength, re arm and resupply the insurgents. As soon as they think they are strong enough they will attack, violating the cease fire and exposing their positions.

Next round. Both sides re supply during cease fires, an insurgency can't hope to win on their own, the Russians and Syrians will bide as much time as the west needs to come to their senses.

That is, Assad isn't 'going' like Saddam and Qaddafi. Syria isn't 'going' like Iraq and Libya.

New lines have been drawn in the Middle East.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I just hope the West actually does come to their senses... private interests and weapons contracts can be strong incentivisers for your typical Neocon, when they see "conflicts" that they can find a way to get involved in, all they see are dollar $ign$

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

This state dept response shows just how hard it is to answer what should be easy questions to answer but ...
basically if the moderates honour the cease fire then the US is willing to join Russia to work together .

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I like the idea of more transparancy. Especially in Syria. Such a quagmire, some many involved groups, each with their own agendas and affiliations.

Countless stories of war atrocities (several kinds of gas, clusterbombs, barrell-bombs,...)
and in most cases we just hear groups blaming each other. No independent journalists in the region, who could say it was the .... or the .... doing ....

So if there would be cameras on each corner we would be able to see who shoots, who drops bombs etc.

So might be a sliver of hope with the cease fire. Would be time.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Aleppo is a mess because its a proxy war hotspot. It has nothing to do with rat holes. It has to do with entangled intelligence agents and ideological willing soldiers. My guess is Turkey has a huge hand creating the mess to oppose Assad. Others had their agenda but its a perfect drop location for Turkey, Nato, and Russia had two joint bases in Syria.

Its like a psychopaths multiplayer Xbox game over there.

The one thing we can be sure of since its such a mess of players nobody knows what the truth really is because it changes hourly. Good guys become bad guys, bad guys good guys, double àgents etc.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Fighters in Aleppo have a short time left to live unless they leave the city, they'll be "coventried".
I find this adjective to be appropriate since the brits are making the most fuss about their muslim brotherhoos jihadis getting squashed like cocroaches under Syrian-Russian air forces.

top topics

join