It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please give us other international members a break from US politics.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I don't mind talks of politics, especially this year as it's so interesting.

But I would love, LOVE, a 'block this poster' feature on the forum. Then I could peruse threads with real enjoyment and not be forced to read through pages of posts and replies to the said posts that are obviously meant to bait and completely derail the thread, so that posters are no longer focused on the topic, but instead focused on arguing with the troll who posted the bait.

We're adults. We know when someone just derails every thread they don't agree with. Their habits stop conversations of the topic and focus it on their baited posts

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
dp
edit on 17-9-2016 by pacific because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Yeah but on the front page right now there are

2 posts that talk about trump censoring the media
2 posts about trump/Obama and birth certificates
3 posts about Hillary having a body double or being dead
1 post about trumps kid killing a triceratops
1 post about a "YouTube Doctor" saying trump has Parkinson's

It is beyond ridiculous and just political smearing.

both campaigns are currently dumping tons of money in social media / message boards / electronic advertising just to get into the minds of people who have lost faith in the MSM and by posting the madness you are becoming a part of the machine, you aren't helping anyone get real information.

A triceratops seriously.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I feel you, OP. I'm American and tired of seeing post after post of steaming political bovine manure on the Recent Posts list myself. Sure, smartarses, I can not click/not read (already don't) BUT I get where the OP's coming from in not wanting to look at it. We used to have this handy-dandy little feature for the RP list, where you could click it & hide an ENTIRE FORUM from that list. Where the bleep did it disappear to? I used to hide the tro -- I mean politics forums and short stories from it. What wasn't of interest to me used to not clutter up RP. Now everything's drowned & buried by politic s#,

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
I feel you, OP. I'm American and tired of seeing post after post of steaming political bovine manure on the Recent Posts list myself. Sure, smartarses, I can not click/not read (already don't) BUT I get where the OP's coming from in not wanting to look at it.
It is boring. ATS is losing its identity.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

This is not just an ATS issue. Certain other international groups I belong too, are swamped with this. One even banned talk of "Brexit" because it was not "international" yet they allow US elections. I understand how many people are invested in the US elections. I've got news for them. Not all of us are. No matter who gets elected, chances are in 4 or 8 years time it will be someone else to angst about. Remember when Obama was the anti-Christ? Well look here we are 8 years later, and end of days pending.

I refrain from posting my political and spiritual views online, because.... duh duh duh..they are personal, and can stay that way. SO people need to try that for a bit

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   
It's fairly normal when it's election time. ATS has mostly American members, so that's how it's going to be. It will only intensify as November draws closer.

Yes it's too much, but it's a huge topic many here take interest in. This election period is quite something, it's big news, every day, all day. There's always something to discuss.

Best not to click on the threads you don't care about, you must be if you know what's being said in them!

You're free to browse the many other forums on here
edit on 19-9-2016 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Great, now there's another thread about US politics.

Appreciated nevertheless given the content of asking for something else to talk about.

Just remember there's a combination of factors involved here, in no small part the influence media has on what preoccupies people's minds. If a lot of time is spend on US politics, that's what people will be concerned about.

Then there are those who I suspect to either be paid (or some other reward) or just are very zealous towards a political party and will argue for it in a very propagandistic manner because that's what's been drilled into their minds. Repetition is important when spreading propaganda. Which increases the quantity of threads and comments on US politics as well.
edit on 19-9-2016 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   
In the long run, we will all be smarter. We are forced to sort through lots of info and discern what applies and does not. I think this generation has forgotten how to unplug the thingy from the wall. And the attention given to american politics? The net, tax cuts, and wars have educated us on how important the ideas and laws the lawmakers and their friends promote and sign into law matter, globally.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   
WOW????

I was not expecting so many pertinent responses from all sides???

I thank you all sincerley and respect and understand everyones opinions...

Sorry but I was away for a couple of days.

It is amazing how many NON US political threads have been CONTAMINATED over the past 5 days...

Even those Topics that have NOTHING to do with US politics have people having a bang... A Hillary there... A Donald there...

Kindest respects

Lag
edit on 19-9-2016 by Lagomorphe because: Look at topics that have nothing to do with this one?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
No

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I find it troubling too, because it is so divisive. All this hyperbole being generated to turn American against American, it makes me sad and frustrated.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
I find it troubling too, because it is so divisive. All this hyperbole being generated to turn American against American, it makes me sad and frustrated.

Yoohoo Blues...

It is good to hear what you as a USA Ex pat have to say here on this thread.

As a US citizen living abroad here in France, are you still allowed to vote?

I have been here for over 30 years now and have never received electoral information from the UK.

Back on topic : For information, I read all the USA topics here on ATS as I am a man of the world so to speak... BUT... things are really getting to the point that it would be much more easier to scrape the bottom of the barrel and buy one of those cheap "PEOPLE" magazines from time to time and get the quick scoops from the paparazzi...

Kindest respects

Lags

Psst... see your PMs
edit on 23-9-2016 by Lagomorphe because: Psst added

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

You do realise where the term limey's came from right?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

Yeah, I am. But- many years ago, when I accepted that I am never going back, I decided not to. It just feels wrong, because I won't actually have to live with the consequences, and I feel distanced from what is going on over there. I may have false ideas coming from the media.

So I vote here in France only.

But... since the US recently changed laws and decided we have to pay american taxes (as well as our french taxes), even though we get nothing in return for that, I am re-thinking it.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Yeah, I am. But- many years ago, when I accepted that I am never going back, I decided not to. It just feels wrong, because I won't actually have to live with the consequences, and I feel distanced from what is going on over there. I may have false ideas coming from the media.

But... since the US recently changed laws and decided we have to pay american taxes (as well as our french taxes), even though we get nothing in return for that, I am re-thinking it.

So, like me you can vote for the village and town elections (and even become mayor if you are elected) but not for the presidetial elections? I am not married so don't have double nationality.

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

So, like me you can vote for the village and town elections (and even become mayor if you are elected) but not for the presidetial elections? I am not married so don't have double nationality.

Kindest respects

Lags

Ah, no..... I have double nationality. I have all the rights as other french people.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   
oOOOOOO posh Bluesma...

Never got around to it myself... maybe about time that I did now after 30 years?

Anyways, back on topic : Just look at the amount of horrendous time wasting threads that have spammed out our dearly loved front page that have been created since the debate...

Kindest respects

Lags

Ps. We have found something near Palavas (cheap holiday flat available next year lol)

a reply to: Bluesma

edit on 28-9-2016 by Lagomorphe because: Phrase added

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Yay for the apartment! As far as beaches go, we prefer le Grau de Roi, l'Espiguette- not far from Palavas, but cleaner and less populated. Hope you guys do get something down there soon and we can all meet up!

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I'm loving it
best entertainment in ages oh and you don't have to click on the threads dude.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join