It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worldwide Mutual Respect thread - the Stall

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
a reply to: swanne

The thermal material, comprising of nanoscale layers of hafnium oxide and tungsten, was used to suppress the emission of one part of the spectrum while improving emission in another.
They have been used mainly to manipulate coherent light, as in a laser, but the ability to manipulate infrared thermal radiation at 1,000 C opens up new areas of research,"

AZOmaterials.com Thermal Metamaterial Promotes use of Waste-Heat Harvesting Technology in Factories, Power Plants.

They convert the waste heat to the spectrum that the thermophotovoltaic is most efficient at converting! Like giving somebody a bigger spoon so they can eat soup more efficiently! (lol) Shifting heat to a narrow band is a pretty cool trick and is yet another example of up cycling.

I like how you said upcycling since heat rises
Air does have different layers or densities so it makes me wonder how such would work at different atmospheres of pressure or in a vacuum removing all of the air out as the space is heated and radiates... hopefully protection against explosions is taken in mind for anyone doing the home laboratory route making sure of pressure ratings etc and staying below their limits to avoid injury.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
a reply to: reldra
a reply to: AboveBoard
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Hey, speaking of atmosphere and sending good energy, there's something I'd like to try with you guys.

I have some... skills with weather. It seems that whenever I "wish" (it's more like a meditative state) really hard to get some weather, weather fits my "wish". I know it sounds weird, but I thought it'd be fun for me to try and see if I can make the sky sunny (or rainy, whichever you'd like) over your location.

It'd be fun, I could check out how many hits and how many miss I get!

edit on 29-10-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

It's 8:12 PM here and cold. I haven't checked the weather for tomorrow yet. I'll reply tomorrow and let you know if I want the weather to be different. Could use it a bit warmer right now though.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I've noticed when I get extremely pissed off it starts raining... maybe it's just sensing the rain before it does and that's what makes me pissed off knowing it's coming.

I don't care for the cold either so like a bear I hibernate being single and alone it just makes me even grumpier.

Do you have switch access to haarp or something?

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

No, no access to HAARP... Just the same as you, weather seems to match my mood... At first I thought, like you, that I wa foresensing it... So I tested trying modifying weather halfway across the world, in Indonesia (there's no way I could sense weather that far)... Witness there came back to me and said that it's been raining for ages there, and as soon as I did my thing, it stopped raining. It was so sunny, he took a sunbath. It was still raining several miles around his location, mind you.

I'm thinking, why not try and see if this luck I'm having with weather could actually benefit you guys. Would be fun!

Where are you anyway? West coast? East coast? UK?

edit on 30-10-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   

have you ever broken a bone? it becomes a weather barometer and you can start sensing that crap days and even a week out. cold and damp my entire body becomes as rigid as rock feels like the wind blowing right on through as the banshees howl across the moors.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   

No, I don't have any broken bones, but I believe you!

So I'm guessing you like sunny weather, with higher atmospheric pressure.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Depends on the company but yes i'm a fair weather friend that has ridden out countless storms and have grown fatigued being the lighthouse without anything to really point at... everything not water sinks eventually so just flowing along.

but east coast us humidity is high wind crisp about 1/4 inch deep in my flesh having no heat or fan on and feels as it may rain as it warms up or just linger overcast with some breaks of sun heating up so that the humidity forms a blanket over night... I didn't check any actual weather authorities but that's my feeling... soon that humid blanket will be turning into frost as it is dew in spring.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Warmer, eh? Hm, Okay!

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I guess trick or treaters still Halloweening for the weekend would appreciate it... I'm not going anywhere today nor did I all weekend and will be indoors pretty much all day long except maybe less than a minute or two max.

So don't worry about trying to change the weather on my behalf... kinda in a coffee and cuddle mood but no one to cuddle thanks to family trying to settle their wills leaving my life up in the air being the less selfish of all... so brooding and pissed off is the usual weather as this living will business has me hating my entire family more than hate itself no matter what the intention.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Um; so, what do you think about the weather? Has it become warmer down in Rhode Island?

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   

haha best to avoid "Stormy Waters" nice dodge.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   

According to what she wrote in her "location: ", Night Star says she's in Rhode Island.

It's gotten warm in my location (Quebec), with plants starting to grow back, but I can't know if it got warmer on her side too.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I was reading your Fast Neutron Reaction thread and it got me thinking.

What if it was possible to get a voltage directly from some radioactive elements? Uranium generators are stupid - the uranium is used to heat water which in turn drives a turbine which then drives a current in coils.

But I've stumbled upon this:

An example of positron emission is the decay of magnesium-23 into sodium-23 with a half-life of about 11.3 s:

23Mg → 23Na + e+ + νe

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Magnesium-23 literally emits positrons, creating a direct voltage!

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

Um; so, what do you think about the weather? Has it become warmer down in Rhode Island?

Why yes, yes it has!!!!
How'd you do that?

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Dunno, I just do; like walking or breathing. I need to concentrate / meditate, and music is pretty helpful too as it alters my mood to the proper state. It feels a bit like playing music, I need to focus on proper mood state / visualisation combinations.

Drop me a PM or a reply whenever you'd like another weather favour!

edit on 3-11-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I meant walking right over the personal business, since intent is varied and not as it seems in some cases with ulterior motives somtimes it's a good thing to look at in the light of many perspectives as a hypothetical... like what could this person possibly see or have experienced to ellict the deduction that they have made as a conclusion.

With pure intent it is the thing initself, no ulterior motive it just is as it appears. This is how I operate, and seeing how many do not operate in such a way it is a good thing to consider to grow in wisdom and understand perspectives not one's own. I used to be very blind to such things because I do not operate in such a way... and it could be manipulated by those wanting to do so seeing my motive operandi different than theirs which had or has reasonings for doing like a plot or a game to play.

So I made an assumptive inquiry into it; because the state of the world we are in is due to a lot of people walking right past problems and sometimes it is done with good judgement like taking the path that does not have briars and requiring a machette to walk through.

Sorry for the personal business derail for a moment awhile back, sometimes such things get so strong as an influence they can interfere with business or the topic at hand.

But in the larger context of all of that... looking to solve world problems. It appears, some work with pure intent(none) some work with intent(specific goals and planning) and some have no idea what is going on or why(ignorance and it's a conspiracy to find out)

When looking at the so called TPTB then we know there is an intent a larger picture and many contingencies to make it happen or continue according to plan. Of course compartmentalization will limit the amount of co-conspirators and that's why we have top secret levels of on a need to know basis.

The ration for such things appears that the world is trying to progress into the future the issue being so very many do not want it to or has an ideology of control well with many of those forces working against eachother and some of them working with each other... it is like the old reality shows of last one wins so forming alliances and such and such only to cut their throats later which makes everyone paranoid at the start is this my friend? Stressful is what all of that is and it is how all of this works on the global scale.

So the question is what is it vying for... domination and supremacy or everyone working together beyond borders... it appears that there are two extremes batting it back and forth politically no matter the ideological extremes and the economy that both polarities operate by in philosophy.

Eventually it appears the world will be paved over because the future is always occuring in the present moment as it arises from one moment to the next, and the brakes appear to be how much one is conceptually anchored or being dragged along by the past... making us say progress? or regress?

Then the understanding of the old addage: The more things change the more they stay the same.

The reasoning is of course human nature... but human nature is what will move forward because our animal nature is the regress in which societies try to thwart but that can appear as extreme control totalitarinism dictators the whole nine yards... when the concept of freedom comes into play... then it allows for play and enjoyment etc. yet with the global shifting in those polarities of extremes from right to left scales and balances not on the local or personal experience will appear to be ever in balance making the addage true...

So enters the personal oasis that says to hell with all of you and Robert Frost's oneself in a good fences make good neighbors keep it in your own back yard and off my front lawn with your children atittude... yes protectionism.

So going from micro to macro we can see how all of this interweaves and over laps from smallest to largest and can mirror eachother.

So the agenda... well in the 50's it was trust the government it will take care of you meaning you wont or cant know the agenda as it's on a need to know basis but trust that it is in your best interest in a hush lil baby dont say a word.

That just means it quit working for the people itself and into a global effort to stabilize as the US used to be neutral... but so strong and prosperous that after the world wars all the other strong and prosperous with quasi happy people decided to try to elevate the entire world so no more famine disease etc. in an attempt to work together and balance trade etc. so that we become a functioning planet.

Ideologies are doing us in and dragging silly old bias and hate that doesn't want to pull up the anchor for better and equality even though many don't want that from some learned ignorance in pointing the finger at what is a percieved problem instead of looking for solutions or being the solution as an example of being the change they want to see as a role model in a family to community to globally and no stops inbetween for humanities sake.

It's stormy waters politically as the US elections are so long and drawn out roughly 2 years... that means 2 years of work 2 years of instability as all of those megaconglomerate corporations and concerns get involved... at the rate things are going it appears the new campaigning will begin as soon as someone steps foot in office and in my opinion the best campaign is to hunker down and do the job neededing to be done instead of vying for one's own political foothold due to all the money in politics.

It has bound much of our liquid resources up in political party coffers to fight with each other in agenda and ideology while the populous becomes destabilized and infrastructure crumbles as a lot os also flowing across borders... which isn't a bad thing but where is that line of protectionism? When bottom is a child is laying on the ground covered in flies and top is skuttling around in yahchts big enough to house an entire towns population?

The middle erroding quicker and quicker or balance in the mad dash or scramble. The strong always survive and protect the meek and that's why they are said to inherit the earth... because fear of the whole occurs when one feels safe and confortable in their own oasis or self protection bubble protecting only themselves having embraced that dog eat dog mentality and that imbalance is just the nature of the world itself... not seeing that they are at the extreme that could actually help the most, if such notions were lay down and well generals aside many do and it goes unspoken, but then just as many don't.

Well, back to the dance...

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

The exchange of energy only lasting 11 seconds is my concern as it would take a lot of material since it is spent rather quickly. So making some closed loop cycle out of elements and harvesting that energy off would be the ideal for power generation.

We can produce electricity rather easily as a byproduct that occurs naturally such as wind and waves flows of water turning of wheels.

On a car there are 4 wheels in motion all four generators that could charge batteries and well hub generators are a thing. So is the wind as it is in motion that could be venturi effected for a turbine cycle as well as turbo off of the turning of the motor itself.

I think that's one of the ways we can progress in generation of power that naturally occurs of course all of the old systems? Still in operation and the industries that depend on them continuing can be the anchor for implementing such progress and hold things back... so it's a conundrum but only because it needs reform. The more resistant those in wealth and power and status are? The more they will play ideological sympathy to drag things out and make people fight among themselves in a well there's nothing wrong with it... and that feeds on ignorance of the masses because that's all they know.

So education and upgrading of not only systems but people becomes important in building mentalities that are not so adverse to change especially when it can help the advancement of the world as a society as a whole. Instead of small pockets with large pockets from vested interests.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

This is not my idea but is cool nonetheless. Had to share!

Nuclear powered battery. They found that placing radioactive substances next to a man made diamond a current is generated!

Now the thinking goes like this. Scrape off the radioactive carbon-14 from the graphite regulators in nuclear plants, use that to make the man made diamonds, then use the spent fuel inside with the diamonds capped off on both ends to generate current. No moving parts. No harmful emissions. No maintenance. Using up what is basically waste.

The overall electrical yield is low but carbon-14 is long lasting. So if you need energy over the long haul, encasing it in diamond would be the thing to do!

Full Story: Nextbgfuture - Manmade diamonds become batteries when placed near radioactive sources like nuclear waste like carbon-14.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
My thoughts are to build a website that would be a functioning model on a much grander scale of something very much like this thread but with much more emphasis on community. Simply put, connecting all the members of a given community to hash out their problems to achieve solutions, with people outside of that community giving their thoughts in a comment section.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join