It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buffy, Religion, Philosphy, and The NWO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I'm just wondering, how do you think how a show, such as Buffy, The Vampire Slayer, can effect/affect society in Religion, Philosphy, and how the NWO, though Hollywood could manipulate a show and a "rebelious" writer like Joss Whendon could be used by The UN and major coperations could use it for the NWO? I don't care if we talk about the movie or the TV show, because I love them both, and "Desperate Housewives" are my favorite soap operas.
So please tell me, for those who may have just gotten confused. How CAN/COULD a show/movie like Buffy, The Vampire Slayer affect or effect Philosphy and Religion in society? And how do you think it could be used for the NWO, even though as far as it's written(against the NWO), for their own devices?

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 04:25 AM
link   
If someone is manipulated by Buffy, he truly deserves it! It's just a "light" TV series, made for entertainment sake and for making money out of franchising and merchandise by riding two very popular themes nowaday: girls and the pseudo-occult. I don't see any NWO connection here... could you be a little bit clearer?

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Buffy is good but I definately gotta say Faith is fine. Eliza Dusku is hot.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Buffy is made so the WB can make $ and Joss Whendon can become a house hold name and a modern "transendential philospher". I still LOVE the show. But I won't even spend money at half price books for it, except on philosphy. Anyway, the show is written in an "anti-NWO" sort a way. With Buffy, challeneing any authority that violates or attempts to violates peoples rights.
I'm wondering if it can be manipulated by them by like for example making more people get into majik, like they were when I was in high school. Or make them believe in some sort of delusion. Just tell what you think?

BTW James Masters(Spike) is my favorite character, is so messed up, but really very sweet.

[edit on 1/22/05 by BSB2005]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I think Buffy probably spark off the whole occult thing being 'in'.
There was a whole article on how 'Buffy changed the world' a few months back in SFX, and in a lot of ways it has sparked off quite a bit.
Personally I love the show btw..............

Check this out for a laugh !!! (down the bottom of the page)

www.belowtopsecret.com...

[edit on 22-1-2005 by AgentSmith]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
LOL
I LOVE THAT!

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Ya, Buffy was a great show. Humor, drama, soap opera, it had a little of everything.

I think any TV program or film that becomes popular makes some contribution to our overall culture.

On Buffy, I especially liked the wit and the clever use of language. The characters were complex, with none of the significant ones being all good or all evil. It also portrayed some typically disenfranchised groups in an empowering way (gay rights, Wicca). All the characters had their own way of being strong and making a contribution.

But primarily it was good multi-faceted entertainment. I don't think the show had any political agenda.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by cimmerius
Ya, Buffy was a great show. Humor, drama, soap opera, it had a little of everything.

I think any TV program or film that becomes popular makes some contribution to our overall culture.

On Buffy, I especially liked the wit and the clever use of language. The characters were complex, with none of the significant ones being all good or all evil. It also portrayed some typically disenfranchised groups in an empowering way (gay rights, Wicca). All the characters had their own way of being strong and making a contribution.

But primarily it was good multi-faceted entertainment. I don't think the show had any political agenda.

I know this is an older post but I searched Buffy and found it.

Buffy is my all time FAVORITE show ever! I am 30 now and have seen it from day one. I own all the series and I even have a tat. I loved how this show was! It was unlike any other show I had ever watched. It is the only show to this day, besides Angel, that I really really enjoyed and related to in so many ways on a personal level. It was great. I really do not see Buffy having any political agenda. It was just a good show too many.

top topics

join