It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you get to god?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

if they really want to draw the correlations between sun worship and modern judaism.

I just noticed a text file on my desktop named songod.txt, I looked through it and found some notes that I had been making. Here's a good one:

Notice in the lyrics that a One God is mentioned and Sun God. The same?

Lost
On a painted sky
Where the clouds are hung
For the poet's eye
You may find him
If you may find him

There
On a distant shore
By the wings of dreams
Through an open door
You may know him
If you may

Be
As a page that aches for a word
Which speaks on a theme that is timeless
And the One God will make for your day

Sing
As a song in search of a voice that is silent
And the Sun God will make for your way

And we dance
To a whispered voice
Overheard by the soul,
Undertook by the heart
And you may know it
If you may know it

While the sand would become the stone
Which begat the spark
Turned to living bone
Holy, holy
Sanctus, sanctus

Be
As a page that aches for a word
Which speaks on a theme that is timeless
While the one God will make for your day

Sing
As a song in search of a voice that is silent
And the One God will make for your way

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
a reply to: TzarChasm

Funny isn't it? How at the end of the day, the only way for God to reveal himself to you is after you take all these steps to brainwash yourself. Pray pray pray, meditate meditate meditate, have faith and know he is real.. blah blah. He will reveal himself in his own time- but keep at it and when the time comes, you will know. Because you will have finally fooled yourself.

Or, maybe, over time there was something forgotten or lost. Or maybe the point of the whole thing is remembering or discovering who you are? Maybe you're ego fooled you into thinking it is who you really are? Maybe you fooled yourself from the beginning?

You know I guess it's "fun" for self focused, overly self assured people to make snarky comments to people who are searching for something. What is your point, to make sure that anyone who reaches for something you can't see is crushed into a cynical blah blah of nothingness? Do you really feel that confident in your perspective, EVERYTHING you think, believe, and say is steeped in the empirical infallibility of "facts" and "science"? Seriously, the world is flat, no it's round. Eat margarine, nevermind butter is healthier...it just took 40 years for us to figure it out. Oh hold on we changed our scientific minds, anti-bacterial soap is bad for you, and by the way the universe is nothing at all like we thought it was now that we have quantum theory. On and on and on ad nauseum.

So how did your post help anyone exactly? What did it accomplish other than shining the lights on yourself?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Michielli
Do you really feel that confident in your perspective

When it comes to Christianity, absolutely. 110%.

My comment was an observation. I couldn't tell you if it helped anyone or not. It wasn't meant to be anything more than an observation.

EVERYTHING you think, believe, and say is steeped in the empirical infallibility of "facts" and "science"?

No.

<< 3  4  5   >>

join