It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you get to god?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Do you do good deeds to get to god?
Do you do any ceremonies to meet god?
Do you go to so called church or temple everyday to see god?
Do you wear specific clothing everyday for god to see you?
Do you bathe newborns in water or river to meet god?
Do you protect certain animals(possibly all lifeforms) to see god?
Do you pray or meditate to god?
Do you pray to a statue or object figure(demi-gods??) to see god?
Do you recruit others to join for god?
Do you sacrifice animals or humans to god?
Do you invade others land to get them to god?
Do you force people to read the bible/quran/torah or some sort of book so they can see god?
Do you predict the future and get people to follow you to god?
Do you build giant boats in case of a flood to see god?
Do you collect objects such as gold for god?
Do you die to get to god(possible with good deeds as oppose to doing nothing, nothing bad)?
Do you kill other people that do bad deeds/evil to get to god?
Do you kill people in the name of god to see god?
Do we wait for a so called Messiah or Savior to meet god?

or do you spread knowledge to other people of god for them to see god?

Did I miss anything? I didn't target Christians only.

So how do you really get to god?
edit on 14-9-2016 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

There is another 3 letter chemical that will also help you understand God, for a good half a day too. Unfortunately I cannot elaborate.

Doing good stuff should not be conditional on meeting God though. It should just be something you do for the human race. Praying to statues wont accomplish anything more than giving ones self peace of mind if they have faith.

In any case, nobody alive can tell you the absolute truth, or can honestly claim to know it. You have to search within to make the connection, and that 3 letter chemical will help you understand real good

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

You get old, or contract something that speeds the process...

Your body fails

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
play in traffic?

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

The truth is that there is only one way for any human being to get to heaven and that is to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Every human being is, by nature, a sinful being. The Bible says that our efforts at doing “good deeds” are not acceptable in the sight of God (Ephesians 2:8-9). God alone is holy. God alone is good. So, God has made a way for sinful human beings to enter into His heaven.

God sacrificed Himself, through the Person of the Lord Jesus Christ, so that our sins could be forgiven through the blood of Jesus Christ. During His time on earth, Jesus led a perfect, sinless life.

Jesus Christ died on a cross. He was buried in a tomb for three days and, on the third day, He was raised from the dead. After forty days, He returned to heaven, where He currently reigns. He will return to earth a second time to claim those who have confessed their belief in Him.

Jesus said, “I am the truth, the way, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me” (John 14:6) and “For unless you believe that I am He, you shall die in your sins” (John 8:24). The Apostle Peter echoed these words when he said, “Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men whereby we must be saved” (Acts 4:12, KJV).

St. Paul concurred, “There is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus …” (1 Timothy 2:5, KJV). In fact, it is the united testimony of the New Testament that no one can know God the Father except through the person of Jesus Christ.

We have all sinned and deserve God's judgment. God, the Father, sent His only Son to satisfy that judgment for those who believe in Him. Jesus, the creator and eternal Son of God, who lived a sinless life, loves us so much that He died for our sins, taking the punishment that we deserve, was buried, and rose from the dead. If you truly believe and trust this in your heart, receiving Jesus alone as your Savior, declaring, "Jesus is Lord," you will be saved from judgment and spend eternity with God in heaven.
edit on 14-9-2016 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
You get to god by forgetting to look for god. Then one day you wake up and wonder why you spent so much time looking for something that was right there.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

The truth is that there is only one way for any human being to get to heaven and that is to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Every human being is, by nature, a sinful being. The Bible says that our efforts at doing “good deeds” are not acceptable in the sight of God (Ephesians 2:8-9). God alone is holy. God alone is good. So, God has made a way for sinful human beings to enter into His heaven.

God sacrificed Himself, through the Person of the Lord Jesus Christ, so that our sins could be forgiven through the blood of Jesus Christ. During His time on earth, Jesus led a perfect, sinless life.

Jesus Christ died on a cross. He was buried in a tomb for three days and, on the third day, He was raised from the dead. After forty days, He returned to heaven, where He currently reigns. He will return to earth a second time to claim those who have confessed their belief in Him.

Jesus said, “I am the truth, the way, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me” (John 14:6) and “For unless you believe that I am He, you shall die in your sins” (John 8:24). The Apostle Peter echoed these words when he said, “Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men whereby we must be saved” (Acts 4:12, KJV).

St. Paul concurred, “There is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus …” (1 Timothy 2:5, KJV). In fact, it is the united testimony of the New Testament that no one can know God the Father except through the person of Jesus Christ.

We have all sinned and deserve God's judgment. God, the Father, sent His only Son to satisfy that judgment for those who believe in Him. Jesus, the creator and eternal Son of God, who lived a sinless life, loves us so much that He died for our sins, taking the punishment that we deserve, was buried, and rose from the dead. If you truly believe and trust this in your heart, receiving Jesus alone as your Savior, declaring, "Jesus is Lord," you will be saved from judgment and spend eternity with God in heaven.

AMEN

You are doing EXACTLY what Jesus commanded of his disciples ..... to teach the kingdom is here...... spreading the Gospel..... also known as The Good News.

God bless you and your family. May you be protected from your enemies.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

He was buried in a tomb for three days and, on the third day, He was raised from the dead.

you can believe that all you want, but in my book that makes him a zombie. And sorry, but even zombie Jesus is going to catch a head shot. I don't need no zombies pretending to be Jesus biting into my neck thank you very much.

In any case, what happens to the 2/3 of the world that not only do not accept that story, but have their own that predate it by thousands of years themselves. Or heaven forbid, the ones who were never, ever even taught of the existence of the man Jesus and his accomplishments in past history?? Do they have to join me in Hell as well??

Energy is simply recycled into the cosmos. It may eventually show up in the Sun, as the kinetic force of an impact, or even as bacteria/micro-organisms. In a non-mortal state, all memory is merely a recording of existence. However, once it is trapped again into a mortal shell, the appreciation of the experience can be enjoyed with the trade off of losing all the recorded memory that energy has seen throughout eons of galactic travel as energy in other events and life forms.

Cherish our mortal lives because the experience is unique. But it is not necessary to fear being recycled into the energy stream, the force, 'God', through stories and threats made by mortal men. Men who never would have remembered what their energy experienced anyways, and therefore have no authority to claim the truth. The stories are merely a way to establish their power and reign over the minds of those who seek easy answers and solidify the authority of corruption and lies. Other stories are merely historical documentation of the past.

God can only be found from within. Which I guess accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior could fall under 'from within' . So not knocking that either. The individual has to discover it on their own journey though.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

The truth is......you never "get" to God, because you never "leave" God.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Have you spoken to him about it?

Think about it, if he really is for real and he really cares about you and wants you to know the truth would you WANT to know?

Once you've had a personal experience with God, all of these questions will vanish.

No one else can convince you but God himself.

I was once an atheist years ago but one day out of a clear blue sky, God decided to show up and show out and it became quite literally impossible for me to deny the truth any longer.

The end result is I KNOW that God is very real and anyone that wants to can KNOW what's real and what isn't.

Just remember that God is a gentleman and He never forces himself on anyone.

I challenge you to ask him yourself, ask, seek, and knock.

If you ask Jesus to show himself to you in an honest and humble manner, he will do something to show you he is real.

Be patient though as he will do this on his timing, not yours...

Wisdom is only gained through experience.

I can personally vouch for what 'FlyInTheOintment' says below about God answering prayer.

If you find yourself wishing you could believe, you’re not alone. Consider praying a prayer like this:

God, I don’t know if you’re out there. I’m not sure how I feel about you if you are. But if you do exist I’d like to know more about you. Reveal yourself to me. Help me to find you.

It says very clearly in the Bible that those who seek God will find him. Ask God to reveal himself to you. Be honest about your reservations. God is not offended by questions or doubts.

I want to believe in God but I don’t know how

The Bible tells us that if we DILIGENTLY seek God, that He will reveal Himself to us. So have at it! Just say "God if you are real, SHOW ME!" Say it out loud, and be patient and DILIGENT - Do it each day diligently and persistently until He shows up. It won't be God the Father, but it will be either Jesus or an angel who will appear to you or you will hear His voice - either in your spirit or audible. He will do it in His timing, not yours, so be persistent and diligent and patient!

A guy at my school was speaking and he said he talking at a convention and he went up to a girl and gave her $20, she started bursting crying.. And she said that when she woke up that she asked God "If your real someone will give me $20 today" So God can show himself in many ways. www.youtube.com...

originally posted by: WeAllDieSoon
The nature of the Truth is that not everyone hears it. Knowing the Truth and proclaiming it is not pride. I can provide evidence, which I already have, but proof is something that comes from God. The truth is either God revealed the truth or He didn't. The truth is you have been given the ability to seek the truth. Where there is smoke...

Me, I know because I spent years seeking. My God has revealed Himself to me. He does that after you seek Him. He does it because He said He would. You can't know if I am telling the truth, though. That is because God designed your reality so that it is up to you, personally, to seek the truth. If you hear it, and believe it, you will seek God. And then you will know what I know.

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
Perseverance in seeking the person of God is the key. If we knock, the door will be opened. After that, it's just a matter of time until he 'leads us into all truth' by the power of His Spirit.

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
I would advise you to pray a simple prayer, and see what happens. Test it out! Simply say: ''God, if you are real, would you reveal yourself to me in some way. I want to know the Truth...'' That's what I did ten years ago, and the very next day someone walked past me in the street, before stopping, turning back and pointing to me. She said: '"You've been praying. God answers prayer. Come with me...''

She was prompted by the still, small voice of calm, the voice of God's own Spirit, who lives with all believers, to be an intermediary between me and God, to prove His existence, so that I could answer the call of God, to give my life to Him. I came to faith in Christ through her talking with me, and since that day God has shown me a thousand things that I would have no natural way of knowing.

He does so in order to help us in real, practical and spiritual ways, and to help others to come to know Him. He desires for you to walk with Him, and to know His voice, and to bless your life in a million different ways. Ask, and you will receive. Seek, and you will find. Knock, and the door will be opened to you.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
Do you force people to read the bible/quran/torah or some sort of book so they can see god?
Do you die to get to god(possible with good deeds as oppose to doing nothing, nothing bad)?

How do you get to God? You Die.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   
You simply 'Believe'

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Which God would this be? In my world there are many

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   

I can't speak for anyone else, but me personally?

I'm planning on hitchhiking.

In all seriousness though, I don't believe in God. So there is nothing to get to. If I had to guess where the closest thing to God can be found though?

I would say within.

edit on 9-15-2016 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   

I think a more interesting question is "What would you change that you're doing now if you Knew God was Real?"

That can be any God you want it to be too.

Let's say that God actually did whatever needed so you knew God was Real. How would you then change your lifestyle as it is now???

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
Have you spoken to him about it?

Honest question Murg, from those of us that tried that.

Why didn't he have anything to say back?

I may not have become an atheist, if there hadn't been crickets.

Christianity stopped adding up for me. No need for me to go into all the reasons why, in this thread. There was still the "what if it's true despite these issues?" and so I wasn't ready to cast it aside. I had stumbled, you bet. Lukewarm and all that. But I spent a week or two reading the Bible again, and in prayer. Begging forgiveness for my sins and lack of faith. Prayed for more wisdom and understanding. On my hands and knees every night.

Nothing.

I'm far from the only one who has experienced this. In fact a friend of mine, who isn't an atheist, has been experiencing this for years now...

I figured out pretty quickly after that, that my search for God had been in vain, because there was nothing to find.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
I think a more interesting question is "What would you change that you're doing now if you Knew God was Real?"

Not a thing!

Regardless of which...

Though some I would respect more than others.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: makemap

The easiest way is to ask Him to reveal Himself to you

It has to be sincere, you have to want it.

Then even worse, you will have to live it

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Every other religion says otherwise.
Op no religion is right do not believe any other man's version of God. You can find her in your own time and way. Just be the best you can be.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
I had stumbled, you bet. Lukewarm and all that. But I spent a week or two reading the Bible again, and in prayer. Begging forgiveness for my sins and lack of faith. Prayed for more wisdom and understanding. On my hands and knees every night.

Nothing.

Nothing?
Your sins are forgiven if you are sincere, thats a promise.
It sounds like your issue is forgiving yourself, thats very tough, sorry I cant help other than to quote a stupid scripture to you
Isaiah 55:6-7 “Seek the LORD while he may be found; call upon him while he is near; let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the LORD, that he may have compassion on him, and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon."

Now if God can forgive you, then surely you have no right to not forgive yourself, so i am told...

As for faith
“walk by faith and not by sight” (2 Corinthians 5:7).
Faith is a tree that grows from the dry ground, very slowly.
Thats why christians are told over and over again in the word to have faith, because its rare and precious.

There is nothing easy from God, there is no promise from Him to the people of this earth outside of Christ (just pain), this is the wasteland, the promise is ahead

Christians have and do experience the exact same thing as you have, they just dont tell anyone because of their own shame, because other christians may belittle their faith

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join