It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Low Energy Trump Shut Down By Flint Pastor

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: xstealth

It means colored. Because he's a racist. From a very young age. Probably learned it from his racist father.

Maybe his racist father knew Hillary's openly racist father....

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Sillyolme

Well that explains it. You are voting for her not on her stance but because she will empower you as a retired wealthy white woman to get that first female elected even if she drives the country into the ground. It all makes much more sense. You are the group of Democrats who like to say " I have black friends" right because it does not make you look racist but at the same time call everyone else out for it? It shows in your posts.

Deplorable is right...voting based on gender and man hate....

Most, not all, retired wealthy white women are really women who are married, or divorcees, who are retired and wealthy due to the fact that their husbands (or ex-husbands) worked their butts off to be in that position. I personally know a woman who never worked a job from the day she was married, but considers herself retired and wealthy in her fourties because her husband was a successful options trader who retired age 43. She has done absolutely nothing to add financially but gets manicures, pedicures, sits by the pool, and services her husband every few days. Oh, and she's voting for Hillary. Her husband is voting for Trump.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Low Energy? How about the pastor using a Trump speech for publicity and then telling him what to do? I mean, if he was racist would he not have said "shutup 'n-word' I am reading a speech? RESPECT MY AUTHORITA!!!!!"

Like Trumps IQ is as big as Cartmans.

Instead, he was respectful of her wishes even though he should have kept it up about Hillary.

He stuck to his word for once. Yeah for Donnie.

As far as the case, it is not that they did not rent to black people.

Yes it was the case that is why they were sued and lost.

If you were black in 1973 you lived in Harlem. Not because you had to but that is where you lived.

Many lived there because racist aholes wouldn't rent to them in other neighborhoods. Take a wild guess who one of those racist aholes is here's a hint. At least once a week he has a protective coating of orange koolade sprayed on.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

“When Donald opened his club in Palm Beach called Mar-a-Lago, he insisted on accepting Jews and blacks even though other clubs in Palm Beach to this day discriminate against blacks and Jews. The old guard in Palm Beach was outraged that Donald would accept blacks and Jews so that’s the real Donald Trump that I know.” That was author Ronald Kessler in a July 2015 interview with Newsmax, talking about Republican presidential frontrunner Donald Trump’s business practices when it came to building a golf course in the Deep South.

In the 1990s, Trump was running into a problem getting his golf course approved by the local town council in Palm Beach, which was imposing restrictions on his bid. So Trump shot back with maximum effect. As reported by the Washington Post’s Mary Jordan and Rosalind Helderman on Nov. 14, 2015: “Trump undercut his adversaries with a searing attack, claiming that local officials seemed to accept the established private clubs in town that had excluded Jews and blacks while imposing tough rules on his inclusive one.” The Washington Post report continues, “Trump’s lawyer sent every member of the town council copies of two classic movies about discrimination: ‘A Gentleman’s Agreement,’ about a journalist who pretends to be Jewish to expose anti-Semitism, and ‘Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner’ about a white couple’s reaction to their daughter bringing home a black fiancé.”

Sometimes, in judging the character of an individual, it pays to see what people actually do when nobody’s really paying attention. When it came to segregation in the South at private, all-white country clubs, it might have been in Trump’s business interests to simply look the other way. Instead, Trump did the right thing and insisted on desegregation at his golf resort.

And he won.

Soon thereafter, the local restrictions were lifted and, today, the golf course is open and remains inclusive. It remains a point of pride for Trump, who boasted about the golf resort in a 2015 interview, “Whether they love me or not, everyone agrees the greatest and most important place in Palm Beach is Mar-a-Lago. I took this ultimate place and made it incredible and opened it, essentially, to the people of Palm Beach. The fact that I owned it made it a lot easier to get along with the Palm Beach establishment.”

At the time in 1997, then-Anti-Defamation League President Abraham Foxman praised Trump for elevating the issue of discrimination at private clubs, telling the Wall Street Journal, “He put the light on Palm Beach. Not on the beauty and the glitter, but on its seamier side of discrimination. It has an impact.” Foxman credited Trump’s move with encouraging other clubs in Palm Beach to do the same as Mar-a-Lago in opening up. That’s the real Donald Trump. The one who dealt with a real problem to do with discrimination on race and religion in Palm Beach long before he was ever seeking public office by confronting a local planning board over its exclusive policies, determined he would do things differently.

Doesn't sound like a "racist asshole" to me.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

You have no clue what you are talking about.

So black families lived in Harlem because of racism? Why don't you ask the community how they feel about the gentrification of Harlem today? By 1990 there were less than 700 white people lived in Harlem. Blacks lived there, many, by choice. Not racism....

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

How about the pastor .... telling him what to do?

Churches are not allowed to be a place to campaign for specific candidates, if they wish to keep their tax exempt status, which churches like. IRS code:

"Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are absolutely prohibited from directly or indirectly participating in, or intervening in, any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office."

Trump should have known this! ....jeez, that man is unaware of sooo many things to be POTUS..... anyway, it was probably this "Johnson Amendment" that the pastor had to keep in mind having Trump visit her church to speak. Once Trump started turning his speech into a CAMPAIGN SPEECH, that is when he had to be interrupted and reminded.

Actually, Trump SHOULD BE exactly aware of what he is doing, since he brought up the amendment in a prior speech this Summer

“An amendment, pushed by Lyndon Johnson, many years ago, threatens religious institutions with a loss of their tax-exempt status if they openly advocate their political views. I am going to work very hard to repeal that language and protect free speech for all Americans.”

IOW turn churches into PACs (because using their tax exempt status now prohibits contributing to political campaign funds)!

Well, maybe he forgot what he previously had said due to having dementia or Alzheimers. What else would he forget as a POTUS. Heck, he would need a daily refresher course!
edit on 15-9-2016 by desert because: grammar

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

How about simply a little credit for showing up to help the people if Flint and not saying he has Alzheimer's...

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I gave him a little credit for showing up in front of group of people who weren't likely to be receptive. What help did he provide to the people of Flint by "showing up" that he should be getting credit for?

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert

How about the pastor .... telling him what to do?

Churches are not allowed to be a place to campaign for specific candidates, if they wish to keep their tax exempt status, which churches like. IRS code:

"Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are absolutely prohibited from directly or indirectly participating in, or intervening in, any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office."

Trump should have known this! ....jeez, that man is unaware of sooo many things to be POTUS..... anyway, it was probably this "Johnson Amendment" that the pastor had to keep in mind having Trump visit her church to speak. Once Trump started turning his speech into a CAMPAIGN SPEECH, that is when he had to be interrupted and reminded.

Actually, Trump SHOULD BE exactly aware of what he is doing, since he brought up the amendment in a prior speech this Summer

“An amendment, pushed by Lyndon Johnson, many years ago, threatens religious institutions with a loss of their tax-exempt status if they openly advocate their political views. I am going to work very hard to repeal that language and protect free speech for all Americans.”

IOW turn churches into PACs (because using their tax exempt status now prohibits contributing to political campaign funds)!

Well, maybe he forgot what he previously had said due to having dementia or Alzheimers. What else would he forget as a POTUS. Heck, he would need a daily refresher course!

Why was he even there?

What did they expect from him?

What can he do when he's not potus?

She just wanted a white guy to educate, instead of a white woman?

I would have closed it up also, after that with the pastor.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I gave him a little credit for showing up in front of group of people who weren't likely to be receptive. What help did he provide to the people of Flint by "showing up" that he should be getting credit for?

As yet he has offered no specific help, but if he is elected it remains to be seen if he actually follows through and helps like he said he would. Just going at least shows it's on his mind - of course it's for votes, but that is to be expected.
edit on 15/9/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: joemoe

Trump - Tastes Great !

Hillary - Less Filling !

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

For being human and not just a politician. For taking the time out of his schedule to visit a place that probably will not help him win the election but will show those people that when he is elected that he did hear them. Everyone is also seeing it in the news cycle again. Flint is horrible. We send billions overseas and we have major cities in the US that do not even have water.

If i lived in Flint I would sneak into Mexico and come back in and say I was a Syrian refugee. I would get more help from the government.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

He's campaigning. Of course he's going to visit Flint. It's politics.

No, saying he has memory problems, giving him an organic reason for when he can't remember, is being nice. It gives him a reason, an illness, with which I could feel sympathy for him. Otherwise I am left with seeing him as a crass, narcissistic conman, someone who chooses his thoughts, his actions, which would include being so lacking in knowledge yet continuing to seek a job that requires great knowledge. For this I have no sympathy.

Trump is a basket case himself. According to the Reverend, "Had he stuck to what his camp claimed he came to do, we would not have had a problem!" Why did he not stick to the game plan?? That's all he had to do, and everything would have been fine. And yet, when confronted with his mistake, he lashes out and insults the reverend, calling her a "nervous mess". No, I have no sympathy for Trump, just pity.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Flint is horrible. We send billions overseas and we have major cities in the US that do not even have water.

Yep. That's pretty much what I said about our cities when we invaded Iraq in 2003. All the billions, trillions, to rebuild Iraq. What a sick joke that was.

Whatever happens in November, this nation needs to finally come to grips with what has been happening over the decades. It will take soul searching and decades to make up for the losses.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Why was he even there?

Politics. Campaigning.

What did they expect from him?

According to the reverend, the church had been passing out water and food to residents. I think she was expecting more of a recognition of community efforts and nothing political.

What can he do when he's not potus?

Talk.

She just wanted a white guy to educate, instead of a white woman?

Hillary had been to Flint in February.

I would be curious to have heard Trump's speech if it had been allowed to continue (which it couldn't have been) as a campaign speech. To what would he have attributed the Flint water crisis.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

nvm got beat to the response.
edit on 15-9-2016 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

He is said to have been an independent but there are other family members who said although he never endorsed a candidate he held many of their views. Like his father who was Republican. I have read some biographies on MLK Jr and Sr was quite an incredible man also.

But back to the OP....

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: theantediluvian

As yet he has offered no specific help, but if he is elected it remains to be seen if he actually follows through and helps like he said he would. Just going at least shows it's on his mind - of course it's for votes, but that is to be expected.

Well he did say amarica needs to spend money on infrastrucure long before this and water is in that catagory.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
We'll see if Trump is "low energy" on the Jimmy Fallon show tonight.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Donald Trump calls Flint pastor who interrupted him a "nervous mess"

Asked about the exchange in a Fox News interview Thursday morning, Trump said Timmons was a “nervous mess.”

“She was so nervous,” he said. “She was a nervous mess, and so I figured something—I figured something was up, really.”

What a classy guy! Whenever ANYTHING doesn't go his way, he starts calling names like a second-grade brat.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join