It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Low Energy Trump Shut Down By Flint Pastor

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   
He saved most of the energy for the rally later in the day which apparently you missed. In the rally he made a statement that really makes sense:

"Used to be we made cars in Michigan and you couldn't trust the drinking water in Mexico. Today, we make cars in Mexico and you can't trust the drinking water in Flint, Michigan!"

You must have missed the rally. It was seriously high energy and pumped!

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkmadness

Myth...MLK was Republican....he was one of the greatest leaders of the African American community that ever existed.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I heard the C on documents where just alphabetized pharagraphs.

I don't know what else it could be, certainly doesn't mean confidential, classified or colored.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Interesting note, Gary Johnson also spoke near Detroit today.

The sad thing is meant he actually meant to speak in Cleveland...

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Myth...MLK was Republican....he was one of the greatest leaders of the African American community that ever existed.

No. That's a myth. He was never affiliated with either party and he was often critical of both parties. However, in his autobiography he said he'd voted for JFK in '60 and of course he encouraged everyone to vote AGAINST Goldwater because Goldwater didn't support the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Goldwater as I'm sure you're unaware, lost in the worst landslide ever.

Any other myths I can dispell for you? Maybe the 'ol "Irish had it worse than African slaves!" bit? That's always fun for derailing a thread.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: misfit312
That is not what I am hearing..

The airport was packed today with people just hoping to get a glimpse..There were more people at the airport than when Obama showed up in Air Force One.

Almost all the feedback has been positive from what I'm hearing..There are a few who didn't agree,but these are the same people who think Flint just needs a couple updates and things will be A OK, that no major change is needed..

Lotta people come to town for a circus, too. Everybody loves the carnival and the sideshows.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Low Energy? How about the pastor using a Trump speech for publicity and then telling him what to do? I mean, if he was racist would he not have said "shutup 'n-word' I am reading a speech? RESPECT MY AUTHORITA!!!!!"

Instead, he was respectful of her wishes even though he should have kept it up about Hillary.

As far as the case, it is not that they did not rent to black people. In that day and age, in NY since you are probably too young to know, people of specific ethnicities lived in the same area. It was not till integration and busing by the Federal Government did this change.

If you were black in 1973 you lived in Harlem. Not because you had to but that is where you lived. With family. There was Little Italy...Hells Kitchen...This whole they would not rent to blacks is ridiculous.

Meanwhile, in the HIll Cave in Chappaqua a same day order for some HOT SAUCE arrived so I guess she is in with the 'blacks'

Wow. Just wow.

Sorry, but I lived through that era too. I remember 'white's only' drinking fountains too, and segregation was quite real until the busing and housing laws were mandated and reinforced on people like Trump. I guess all those black and brown people liked their poorer schools that were falling apart and crowded tenements - yeah, that's right. Everybody was living there because they wanted to, not because that was the only place that would rent to them.

Trump's business was found to be in violation of fair housing laws. Period.

And the hot sauce comment is ridiculous. Really?

And don't come back with a 'you must be a Hillary supporter' comment. Ain't so.
edit on 15-9-2016 by SentientCentenarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I heard his doctor said he had pneumonia.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: SentientCentenarian

You know the irony now people want segregation and consider it a right. Funny how life can be sometimes.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   

If you looked into the pastor a little but you'll find a Facebook post that she made (and later deleted) along with a nice pose along side President Obama:

The crowd seemed full of low energy and Trump was matching the tone.

And if you watch the entire video, it's obvious that she only steps in once he mentions Hillary. Which is the only time an applause happens, even though Trump had made decent points on Flint crisis before that. Why would you invite a person running for President to speak and not expect some politics to be in their speech?

Personally, it looks like a honey trap. Trump was lured in and it's a counter measure for Trump's last publicized speech at a black church, who gave him an endorsement (which was quickly cut away from).

I think Trump picked up on this and cut his speech short. After the Pastor and the first heckling attempt, he ignored his notes and starts closing his speech.

edit on 15-9-2016 by ghostrager because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Don't ever interrupt King Donald.

www.npr.org...

And after he was PUT IN HIS PLACE he ended his speech 90 seconds later.

Gee maybe he should have researched Flint before planning this stop. In MI the blue state.
The mayor of Flint appeared at the DNC convention she is a supporter of Clinton and she made it clear that his visit for a political photo OP in the midst of their crisis would be an inconvenience.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

Oh well. Too bad that won't get that idiot to the white house.
The man's a liar a cheat a very poor business man and dishonest too.
So he can just jog his ass back to Manhattan he has so much energy.
In NY Italian he's called a chooch. I'm not sure of the translation but when we called someone that it sure didn't mean stellar.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

That was fun to watch.

You can tell that Trump isn't used to being confronted...but when he was, he completely shut down. Kind of like he did in Mexico when the Mexican President flat out told him "Mexico won't pay for your wall"...Trump shut down and didn't even try to respond.

Is that the kind of "leader" we should expect? Trump is used to having his way because he throws his money and lawyers around...but it seems like when someone actually confronts him, he shuts down quickly.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: imitator

She doesn't have a long line of failures but thanks Donald the no piece of information is ever verified before we throw it out there Trump.
It's terrible. It's Sooooooo bad. It's horrible. It's the worst thing ever. It's hopeless. It will only get worse. Ya walk down the street ya get SHOT ! ! ! Ya got nothing. They're clueless.

What is that list buddy? That LONG LIST of failures. Because there is a long list of failures following trump. They ride in that caboose of hair that flips up behind his head. Waving to us as he walks by.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Bluster bluster then turn tail and run. Yeah great commander in chief material there.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

What crowd is going to be hostile to Hillary? Really what group do you think would boo her?
Maybe if she spoke to an all white biker group who fix cars for a living and play pool and swill beer by the truckload. Yeah I could see that.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Now you know this is NOT all we can dig up on Trump. There is a warehouse full of ammo against him. Give us some credit will ya.

This thread just encompasses one thing. We can start thousands more. Each covering a different deplorable characteristic of the trumpster.

Are you ready for that?

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

Interesting find, star for you. Facebook post seems legit but it doesn't necessarily point to a love of Hillary. It could be construed to show that the pastor was very much interested in rising above the pettiness of these two massive egos exploiting communities like theirs for press and getting candidates to address a real issue that's been central to their lives instead of simply slinging mud at one another in front of a camera?

And if you watch the entire video, it's obvious that she only steps in once he mentions Hillary. Which is the only time an applause happens, even though Trump had made decent points on Flint crisis before that.

I misread that the first time through. Yes, the only applause was when she stepped in but it wasn't exactly the sort of raucous applause that I'd personally expect from a trap was it?

Also notice she didn't tolerate the heckler interrupting Trump either which again suggests that she was trying to keep everyone sticking to the topic at hand.

Personally, it looks like a honey trap. Trump was lured in and it's a counter measure for Trump's last publicized speech at a black church, who gave him an endorsement (which was quickly cut away from).

I woudn't automatically rule out anything. Nothing is impossible when it comes to political shenanigans but you'd think if it was a trap to embarass him, she would have made a much bigger todo about it and maybe arranged some people to applaud when she interrupted him instead of one moderately enthusiastic clapper.

As for Trump's "low energy." That's all him in my opinion. Maybe he was trying to strike a down to Earth, serious tone and it just came off as "low energy" but I think it's a fair criticism considering that he originated that particular line of attack. Turnabout is fair play, live by the gun die by the gun, etc?
edit on 2016-9-15 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Really the only good response would have been shut up N.?

Deplorable.
Truly.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I'm white college educated wealthy.(Well comfortable anyway) and retired. Female.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join