It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Low Energy Trump Shut Down By Flint Pastor

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Trump was reading a speech at the at Flint water treatment plant earlier today when the speech took a turn for the 'hey now, that's not what we agreed on' and he went from talking about the Flint water crisis to launching a political speech bashing Clinton. At that point, Rev. Faith Green Timmons of Flint’s Bethel United Methodist Church interrupted Trump to gently remind the candidate that he hadn't been invited to give a campaign speech.

To his credit, Trump took it in stride and got back on topic:

I think we can all agree he sounded low energy, right folks? Low energy. Terrible. Very very low energy. Did you see it? I thought he was going to fall asleep talking that's how low energy he was. Believe me.

Moments later a member of the audience accused him of discriminating against black tenants and Rev. Timmons made a second appearance to admonish the audience member for heckling a guest.

So about that heckler's remark. It was a reference to the the DoJ taking the Trump Organization to court in 1973 for discriminating against prospective black tenants. At the time, the young and already deplorable Trump was president of the family's 14,000 unit tenement business...

Inside the government’s racial bias case against Donald Trump’s company, and how he fought it

NEW YORK — When a black woman asked to rent an apartment in a Brooklyn complex managed by Donald Trump’s real estate company, she said she was told that nothing was available. A short time later, a white woman who made the same request was invited to choose between two available apartments.

The two would-be renters on that July 1972 day were actually undercover “testers” for a ­government-sanctioned investigation to determine whether Trump Management Inc. discriminated against minorities seeking housing at properties across Brooklyn and Queens. Federal investigators also gathered evidence.

Trump employees had secretly marked the applications of minorities with codes, such as “No. 9” and “C” for “colored,” according to government interview accounts filed in federal court. The employees allegedly directed blacks and Puerto Ricans away from buildings with mostly white tenants, and steered them toward properties that had many minorities, the government filings alleged.

Lol. I wonder if Trump remembers what that little "C" stood for or if he has the same C-related amnesia as the other candidate? Trump hired infamous McCarthy inquistor Roy Cohn who he'd met at some exclusive club or another and sued the goverment for hundreds of millions of dollars and accused the government of "reverse discrimination." His countersuits were later dismissed as a "waste of paper" and Trump agreed to play ball with the government in an agreement that didn't require him to admit the organization to admit any wrongdoing.

edit on 2016-9-14 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I wonder how the Secret Service used their metal detectors?

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Are you speaking in deplorable because I think I'm missing something?

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I think we can all agree he sounded low energy, right folks? Low energy. Terrible. Very very low energy. Did you see it? I thought he was going to fall asleep talking that's how low energy he was. Believe me.

No, I don't believe you! You started with 'low energy' changed it to 'Very very low energy' and then claimed he was going to fall asleep.

What utter dribble!

If this is the best you have then whatever side you are on is going to lose because you have nothing.

P

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
People who know these things said Trump was low energy due to some illness he is suffering from. Many were even saying he clearly had AIDs and by his movements you can tell he was having issues.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Its called a word salad. Trump supporters have strict diets.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Mocking sarcasm is an acquired taste. I love it! You captured the moment perfectly!

I

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
It's funny seeing how the establishment gets us to fight with eachother. This election is really about who you hate less. Neither cadidate is perfect, if you do not see that, then you are blinded by the propaganda. For me I will vote for the candidate I despise less.

"Je Suis Déplorable"

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

You're on a roll.

Keep the faith.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Better to have low energy than no energy. She has been laid up for days. Even when she has energy Trump runs circles around her. More than doubled her campaign trail efforts and has been doing it from day one.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Uh oh, its all adding up now. First Powell's email hack painting Trump in a bad light, now this.

The Russians have poisoned Trump at Hillary's behest!!!

And how sexist of you to attack him for his low energy!

Clearly this is all a conspiracy by the alt left (that basket of irredeemable deplorables!), involving Hillary with Putin leading her to take out Trump!

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I think it's just a little tangent to remind everyone that Hillary is a lonely, miserable loser.... her long list of failures does drain the spirit.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Now that that is out of the way, a serious reply.

Well it is a tragedy what happened (and is continuing) in Flint.

I am not sure being bombastic would have been a good approach. Its a very sad situation. He was again energetic afterwards in his speech in Canton, so that should cheer you up!

I thought he handled it well. I also commend him for speaking in front of a crowd he knew would be hostile. When will Hillary do that?

Lastly, I love how many (not saying you here ante) criticize Trump for not speaking to blacks, and then mock him because they are hostile when he does. I think being willing to confront people who disagree with you is a very Presidential trait, and we would be better served if all politicians did more of that.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
That is not what I am hearing..

The airport was packed today with people just hoping to get a glimpse..There were more people at the airport than when Obama showed up in Air Force One.

Almost all the feedback has been positive from what I'm hearing..There are a few who didn't agree,but these are the same people who think Flint just needs a couple updates and things will be A OK, that no major change is needed..

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   

It was low energy, granted. However later in the day he was in Ohio doing his thing as per usual.

Interesting note, Gary Johnson also spoke near Detroit today.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
originally posted by: theantediluvian

You're on a roll.

Keep the faith.

Everything was sounding all satire and then you had to go get literal.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Where was OUR sacred glorious forever young leaderess Hillary "The jewel of earth" Clinton speaking to well, anyone other than super wealthy people at dinners?

Is this all you can really dig up on Trump?

*oh Trump spoke to the black community wahhhhhhhhhhhhh*

/crymorenoob
edit on 15-9-2016 by Darkmadness because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Low Energy? How about the pastor using a Trump speech for publicity and then telling him what to do? I mean, if he was racist would he not have said "shutup 'n-word' I am reading a speech? RESPECT MY AUTHORITA!!!!!"

Instead, he was respectful of her wishes even though he should have kept it up about Hillary.

As far as the case, it is not that they did not rent to black people. In that day and age, in NY since you are probably too young to know, people of specific ethnicities lived in the same area. It was not till integration and busing by the Federal Government did this change.

If you were black in 1973 you lived in Harlem. Not because you had to but that is where you lived. With family. There was Little Italy...Hells Kitchen...This whole they would not rent to blacks is ridiculous.

Meanwhile, in the HIll Cave in Chappaqua a same day order for some HOT SAUCE arrived so I guess she is in with the 'blacks'

edit on 09am30amf0000002016-09-15T00:37:44-05:001244 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Are you sure this was a water treatment plant? The wall has a prominent sign stating "A Place to Dream". Maybe Donald Trump brought that with him? Nah...

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Well, to be perfectly honest... the Democrats are traditionally the part of the minorities for the minorities.... historically speaking.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join