It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's past time to Put FEC Campaign Style On Limits Political Party "Donations"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Now following the Guccifer 2.0 Leaks, where one of the biggest stories trending so far is how many of the top DNC 'donors' ended up with ambassadorships and similar posts, it's clear now the FEC needs to step in and restrict any such angles on this moving forward. I'll also add it should be so to pump the brakes on these parties as we should all be able to see now how bad it is when either of the "two parties" reigns for 8 years, and how bad they've been reigning together 'forever', with all of this power they've been wielding all these years. Furthermore, it should also be done in general to help push special interests out of the process (which needs to happen entirely and once and for all already). Beyond this, it also appears FEC regulations are needed on stock option "donations" to politicians & parties as well.

DNC Leak Exposes Possible Pay-to-Play and Insider Trading
As if a thriving pay-to-pay scheme weren’t bad enough, the latest DNC leaks also include a file which suggests possible insider trading and securities fraud.
The new batch of emails appear to contain damaging revelations, including documents that suggest Democrats openly engaged in pay-to-play bargains, awarding important diplomatic positions to high-rolling donors.

Included in the leaks is a spreadsheet that appears to list a number of donors, the amounts of money they raised, and the ambassadorships and other positions they hold or held — and may have been awarded for their efforts.
Another DNC email leaked previously showed one staffer requesting “a very brief call to go over our process for handling donations from donors who have given us pay-to-play letters.” We now know that process ends with a cushy job in blatant violation of the Pendleton Civil Service Reform Act.

I don't know about you, but that all screams of blatant bribery by my book, where following this logic I suspect the others on that spreadsheet list also ended up with special favors.

That article also gets into this newly emerging "Insider Trading" concept, which reminded me of how in the DNC's Hillary Dossiers I saw mentionings of the Clinton Foundation being paid in stock options, and how in Hillary's Tax Returns she had listed many companies & major corporations listed under "Assets & Income", and as it turns out you do have to report dividend stocks to the IRS:

When Filing Tax Returns, Where Do You Put Stocks and Bonds?
Your stock and bond investments pay dividends and interest that you need to report on your tax return. If you sell any of your investment holdings, the result will be a capital gain or loss, which also must be reported. To report your investment earnings, gains and losses requires a couple of extra forms attached to your tax return.

Clearly to me, candidates / politicians / political parties being paid in stock options also needs to be covered directly by FEC regulations as well.
edit on 14-9-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Are you familiar with McCutcheon et. al. v. FEC?

www.fec.gov...

On April 2, 2014, the Supreme Court issued a ruling in McCutcheon v. FEC that struck down the aggregate limits on the amount an individual may contribute in a 2-year period

No more limits for campaign donors. Essentially it turned dollar bills into votes. That's why many people say we are living in a corporate oligarchy.. it's not far from the truth
edit on 14-9-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

new topics

join