It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Russia hacked RNC’: Republican lawmaker ‘misspoke’ at CNN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
So CNN gladly ran this story before making sure it was valid. Granted they had a "reliable" source. I watch CNN at work as it is always on and this is the second time in a week I have seen a mistake like this. They just run a story they think is sensational without getting their ducks in a row. And they are always ready to throw some daggers at Russia.

the guardian

The chair of the House homeland security committee said he “misspoke” Wednesday evening when he intimated during an interview on CNN that the Republican National Committee’s computer network had been hacked.

“I misspoke by asserting that the RNC was hacked,” Texas Republican Mike McCaul said in a statement. “What I had intended to say was that in addition to the DNC hack, Republican political operatives have also been hacked.”

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker
The whole illusion is starting to crumble.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Old trick they are using recently.

Say it anyway then "correct" it after the message is in the wrong hands and spreading like wildfire.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Propaganda at its finest. I'm not so mad at seeing partisanship I've witnessed every four years. But the blatant demonizing of another country is something else. Russia does things we do, and while some call me a sympathizer I really just see this new media movement against Russia as getting citizens used to the idea of them as our enemy, and we all know what happens next.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
The Left is trying to start a war with Russia. It was the Democrats who wanted to get the US involved in WW1 and WW2, and now they want to start WW3.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

It's not just the left, but I see parts of your point. Sad times we live in.

By the way the agenda is shared on both sides, don't kid yourself.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

He said it on live television. Blitzer gave him every opportunity to amend his comments. He rephrased the Representative's comments numerous times for clarity. It was obvious in the moment that the guy wasn't confident. Blitzer was doubtful and tried to throw him a rope.

McCaul recanted not five minutes later, via written statement, while Blitzer was still on air discussing the implications.

It's totally on McCaul.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

In my original post I said it was a good source, rule of media is to see proof or have three sources.

I'll agree McCaul messed up horribly, you don't just run with a story because you have one human say something.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
So CNN gladly ran this story before making sure it was valid. Granted they had a "reliable" source. I watch CNN at work as it is always on and this is the second time in a week I have seen a mistake like this. They just run a story they think is sensational without getting their ducks in a row. And they are always ready to throw some daggers at Russia.

the guardian

The chair of the House homeland security committee said he “misspoke” Wednesday evening when he intimated during an interview on CNN that the Republican National Committee’s computer network had been hacked.

“I misspoke by asserting that the RNC was hacked,” Texas Republican Mike McCaul said in a statement. “What I had intended to say was that in addition to the DNC hack, Republican political operatives have also been hacked.”

It's called propaganda. This and worse is what is being spoon fed to the sheeple. Go on grab a spoon , get in line there is plenty to go around. You can wash it down with their coolaid.

Isn't this crazy? And the sheeple call us the crazy ones.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Well, it was the head of the House Intelligence Committee, who refused to back-peddle, so...even him just doing such a dumb thing is news.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Anything to make it appear the DNC is the same as the RNC.

join