It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin says bloodshed...Really?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Well he said listen to the whole thing first. Until someone does this is speculation. He may have been talking about Hillary continuing or expanding wars and that's the blood he's talking about.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

"Diversity".

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
If a civil war broke out, it would only be a matter of a few weeks before all them blue enclaves would perish. Not from anyone firing a gun or battle. The freeways would be closed, interstate traffic would halt, and everyone trapped in the city zones would be without food. No semi trailer traffic, no food. The rich might get out, but the average democrat voting suburban zombie wouldn't, they'd be eating each other.

Zombie apocalypse, live newsfeeds from drones. Welcome to Hillary's America. Would make a great movie.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Quick question: can you name just one of your Constitutional rights being trampled by the Revenuers, I mean Feds?

How Many Constitutional Freedoms Do We Still Have?

First Amendment

The 1st Amendment protects speech, religion, assembly and the press:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

However, the government is arresting those speaking out … and violently crushing peaceful assemblies which attempt to petition the government for redress.

A federal judge found that the law allowing indefinite detention of Americans without due process has a “chilling effect” on free speech. And see this and this.

There are also enacted laws allowing the secret service to arrest anyone protesting near the president or other designated folks (that might explain incidents like this).

The threat of being labeled a terrorist for exercising our First Amendment rights certainly violates the First Amendment. The government is using laws to crush dissent, and it’s gotten so bad that even U.S. Supreme Court justices are saying that we are descending into tyranny.

For example, the following actions may get an American citizen living on U.S. soil labeled as a “suspected terrorist” today:

www.washingtonsblog.com...

Please continue reading the above source there is plenty more to read and to much to list.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

That's nice, but that's not the question I asked.

What Constitutional freedoms have the Feds taken away from you personally?

If it's as many as you and others keep saying, surely you can tell us specifically what has been done to you.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
My brother living in Tennessee told me that everyone he knows down there, and he knows some political heavy weights too, have just about had it with the federal government. His friends and their friends, out to about 5 degrees of separation, all are at the breaking point when it comes to their constitutional rights getting trampled by the feds. I'd imagine there will be support from all over the states if the south rises again. Think of how many different groups might unite as it seems that everyone has a bone to pick with the PTB these days. The enemy of my enemy is my friend could take hold if enough crap gets flung at the fan.

Quick question: can you name just one of your Constitutional rights being trampled by the Revenuers, I mean Feds?

I'm not taking the bait Gryphon66. It was something my brother told me about, not something I necessarily agree with. He told me about the signs people have on the lawns down there wanting to succeed from the union too.

Another thing, I resent the fact that you are implying that I'm a stupid red neck hillbilly. I happen to be an educated northern Yankee born about one hundred years after the civil war. You should have guessed that I'm actually from Michigan and believe it or not, I'm not in some civilian militia.

What if I told you my other brother's ex-wife down in Mississippi thinks that BLM is a bunch of uppity Negros? Does that make me a southern racist KKK member too?

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

This is my *gak* governor. He's awful. I hope no one that I like here defends him.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

My brother living in Tennessee told me that everyone he knows down there, and he knows some political heavy weights too, have just about had it with the federal government. His friends and their friends, out to about 5 degrees of separation, all are at the breaking point when it comes to their constitutional rights getting trampled by the feds. I'd imagine there will be support from all over the states if the south rises again. Think of how many different groups might unite as it seems that everyone has a bone to pick with the PTB these days. The enemy of my enemy is my friend could take hold if enough crap gets flung at the fan.

Speaking of revenue....Many taxpayers in Kentucky have not seen their state tax refund checks from 2014. We are three months from ending the 2015 tax year.

My BFF and I speculated that Bevin was buying time until the fiscal year ended to send them out. But, no. We still know people who haven't received theirs.
edit on 14-9-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Goodness, how did I imply that you are a hillbilly or that you are a "stupid redneck"?

You seem to be wildly overreacting to what I said and didn't say. I didn't say anything about you. I don't know you.

Folks that I know in TN still call the Feds "Revenuers." If you've never heard that, I'm not surprised.

But you are the one repeating your brother's story. and fair enough, I did direct the question to you.

Allow me to rephrase.

What Constitutional rights have been stripped by the Federal Government (just so you don't think I'm calling you a hillbilly again) in your brother's experience? What rights do he and those five rings of connection feel have been taken away?

I mean, they must have SOME justification for talking about violent revolution/sedition, right?

edit on 14-9-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Speaking of revenue....Many taxpayers in Kentucky have not seen their state tax refund checks from 2014. We are three months from ending the 2015 tax year.

My BFF and I speculated that Bevin was buying time until the fiscal year ended to send them out. But, no. We still know people who haven't received theirs.

Does KY have an official audit?

That does sound pretty ... serious.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Interesting term. I took it as meaning the Tax Man. But I see it has more to do with prohibiting alcohol production.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Interesting term. I took it as meaning the Tax Man. But I see it has more to do with prohibiting alcohol production.

TN was and is known for moonshiners.

I know three. One guy makes it, literally, under the porch on his trailer.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Does KY have an official audit?

That does sound pretty ... serious.

Honestly, I want to take action to investigate what's going on. So far, all I have found out is that *some* checks are being delayed because there was a PIN breach.

That was reported in February. No updates since then and I cannot find out any new information. I have called the KY IRS to try to dig in though.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
naw it's just that you are so contrary....we see right through that...a reply to: Gryphon66

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
naw it's just that you are so contrary....we see right through that...a reply to: Gryphon66

LOL ... my grandma used to call me that too.

Anything specific or on-topic you want to talk about, or did you just stop by to drop off a minor insult?

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I appreciate your clarification, but I'd suggest that you choose your words more wisely in the future.

As far as what is bothering them down in TN, he wasn't too specific, but that is was a whole lot of issues building up to a breaking point. The one main issue he did mentioned was the ATF reclassifying wet nitrocellulose to a high explosive in an apparent attempt to make ammunition too expensive for civilians to purchase as an end run around the 2nd amendment.

I felt it wouldn't be a problem considering how any rag tag extremest groups in the middle east have no problem getting all the military grade weapons they need for their wars. If you want ammo and the feds make it near impossible to purchase legally, I'm sure there is someone out there willing to supply you on the black market if it comes down to that. However, if you want to buy some bird shot rounds for your shot gun, or .22 cal to plink cans, then it might be a good idea to buy now then to wait until after October 1st when the new classification goes into effect.
edit on 14-9-2016 by MichiganSwampBuck because: typo

edit on 14-9-2016 by MichiganSwampBuck because: another typo

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Choose my words more wisely? LOL. Look I was nice and pretended that I might have made a poor word choice that caused your little hissy fit. If you're so insecure about yourself that the word "revenuer" makes you think someone is calling you a hick redneck ... that's your malfunction not mine.

The 2nd Amendment? 320 million firearms in the hands of Americans and counting. Has the price of ammunition gone up then?

WHAT'S TRUE: The ATF reclassified wetted nitrocellulose as a high explosive in June 2016.

WHAT'S FALSE: The decision is not final, as the ATF has rescinded their determination pending industry input.

Snopes

ATF Addendum

So ... no rights have been taken away then? It's just a feeling, a sense? A belief?

Right. That would be my argument. The right-wing media harps on this nonsense all the time, constantly drilling into the minds of some that their Constitutional rights have been taken away ... except that no one can really ever demonstrate any specifics.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: SentientCentenarian
Him first.

You'd think a Kentucky governor would have a better understanding of both the Civil War and what 'conservatism' is supposed to mean.

Aren't they supposed to be 'conserving' something - aside from their own narrow view of the world?

I truly wonder how many people have ever read and actually digested the meaning of the Constitution.

Plenty have read it, but like religious holy books they take it to mean something other than what it says.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Killing people who don't agree isn't a constitutional right. Sounds like conservative way or the highway.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Look I was nice and pretended that I might have made a poor word choice

I personally don't give a rat's behind what your opinion is about what I thought (more like know) you were implying. And once again I have to point out that I was just relaying what he said about how the people he knows in TN feel about the federal government. I told you how I don't think it's a problem, so you didn't have to use me as a sounding board for your opinion on the subject of what is what concerning our civil rights.

I knew I shouldn't have bothered catering to someone like you who seems to be just waiting for the chance to one up everyone else. You must feel pretty good when you jump on people's posts to make yourself feel superior. I bet you're doing the church lady's superior dance about now. I wish I could use a few choice words to describe your type, but ATS T&Cs wouldn't allow it without censoring me.
edit on 14-9-2016 by MichiganSwampBuck because: typo

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join