It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of militarized police descend on Pipeline protesters chained to equipment

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: NHILAR
Treaties and reservation were not put in place out of generosity. It was to keep Americans from dying pretty much.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: NHILAR
a reply to: Wolfenz

Who owns the land? State land = all citizens of the state, Federal land = all citizens of the usa.

The fact that the reservation exists is a courtesy, it did not and still could not be that way. The treaties were generous, the people got to continue to live - most other nations would not have been so even handed to a defeated enemy.

Go ahead and fight, how large of an army could they raise? Few thousand? The force would probably have a life expectancy of less than a minute on the modern battlefield.

Go ask ISIS how well they did the few times they confroted the Russians in a open battle....and the Russians have less technology than we do and the ISIS fighters are a hell of a lot more experienced than the Red Man.

That rights... They have every right to be there too!
is Courtesy ? LOL ...

your showing your ignorance for sure ..

Tribes from other States would join Up , Non Natives would too, knowing what would happen ... it not just The Sioux .. its Non natives land Owners that has the Pipeline right through their Land ,, that are against the Pipeline too! from from the Start from IOWA ,

Let alone THE WORLD MEDIA Seeing this .... it would be a Embarrassment of the United States showing the World of what there doing for a Company's greed and Profit ! this ant the 19th Century Morse Code anymore !

I can bet .. Some of the Military ( National Guard ), Politicians, Police Officers , Judges are Disagreeing with this too
and when SHTF ... Who side would they be on ? and it would be way more then a 1,000

I think a seasonable Police or National Guards would be ashamed .. of what they were about to do , engaging a Act
on People defending their Land ( public land ) as you said! Their Water , Their
Sacred Burials (as they Bulldozed some of it already) .. for Cooperate Greed ..

and yeah State Land ... and The Company has Permission to Dig and place Pipes ,
by some crooked Politicians and Judges..

Let me Repeat.. and for Other ATS Members like this Trolling Member..

The Company (( Bakken )) that is doing this Pipe Line,
Change Routes because of the Original Route had a City close by that
did not want its Water Source Effect in case of a LEAK!!
so they placed it near a Reservation instead!!

Now Let that Sink IN ..

Pipeline route plan first called for crossing north of Bismarck
Amy Dalrymple Forum News Service Aug 18, 2016
bismarcktribune.com... d386c933c.html

An early proposal for the Dakota Access Pipeline called for the project to cross the Missouri River north of Bismarck,

but one reason that route was rejected was its potential threat to Bismarck’s water supply,

documents show. Now a growing number of protesters are objecting to the oil pipeline’s Missouri River crossing a half-mile north of the Standing Rock Sioux Reservation, which they argue could threaten the water supply for the tribe and other communities downstream. Early in the planning process, Dakota Access considered but eliminated an alternative that would have crossed the Missouri River about 10 miles north of Bismarck instead of the route currently under construction. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers evaluated the Bismarck route and concluded it was not a viable option for many reasons. One reason mentioned in the agency’s environmental assessment is the proximity to wellhead source water protection areas that are avoided to protect municipal water supply wells.

And WHY are you Bringing ISIS into this

what BS is this ...

Your calling the Local Native Americans Sioux and Protesters Terrorist NOW!
that are Defending their Original Burial Land and Water Resource Terrorist Now ?

and for this Statement! WOW

ISIS fighters are a hell of a lot more experienced than the Red Man

Yeah go tell that to the Majority of Native Americans ! in the US
seeing Most of them are Militia Groups , Military Veterans, or in the Military Reserves

as the majority of the population Are Former Marines from my Reservation
Hell its like a Requirement ! where im From

you must a foreign or living in the mountains isolated dk which..

and REDMAN hmmm ... LOL yeah i can say some of US look Red when we are Pissed!

edit on 22016TuesdayfAmerica/Chicago9263 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Well I wonder what the Locals Feel Now about 336,000 gallons Leak in the Alabama Pipeline Now ??

Traces of gasoline from Alabama pipeline leak detected in second pond
www.al.com...

Where is the leak?

The leak site is about six miles west of Alabaster, north of Coalmont Road (CR 91). It's about four miles from Helena High School and Helena Middle School and about 20 miles from Birmingham. The Cahaba River is about one mile away. The embedded map below shows the approximate location of the assumed leak site.

www.al.com...

Environmental catastrophe likely averted If the leak had developed in a slightly different location, the concern for Alabamians may have nothing to do with long lines at the pump. The leak is located in the William R. Ireland Sr. Cahaba River Wildlife Management Area, near the intersection of Coalmont Road and Lindsey Road. It's a relatively remote section of Shelby County, about 30 miles south of Birmingham. The Cahaba River is home to 135 known species of fish, according to the Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources, as well as 35 snail species, 10 of which are not found anywhere else in the world. Ten species of fish and freshwater mussel in the Cahaba are listed as threatened or endangered under the Endangered Species Act. A few miles downstream from the leak location lies the Cahaba River National Wildlife Refuge, which is known nationally as a viewing spot for the Cahaba Lily in the spring. A major drinking water intake for the Birmingham Water Works is upstream. "It's really pretty fortunate where it is," said Cahaba Riverkeeper David Butler, who has been actively working with Colonial and government agencies during the spill response. "It's in pretty contained area, and it's been so dry here that most of the little perennial streams are pretty dry right now so there's not really a lot of potential at this point for it to migrate towards the river."

Some residents concerned

Despite the assurances of Colonial Pipeline and state and local officials, people living near the site of the spill are concerned about possible impacts to their drinking water, or to wildlife in the Cahaba.

Billy McDanal lives less than 500 yards from the edge of the Wildlife Management Area in the small community of Maylene. He and his son have hunted, hiked and ridden four-wheelers throughout the management area and its surroundings for over a decade.

McDanal says he is nervous leaked gas could enter the water table and end up in his basement, where water often collects when it rains. "What's got me worried with the gas is that it's going to go ... underneath my house and am I going to get gas coming under my house?" he said.

And People Wonder Why the the Sioux and local land Owners are protesting because of something Like this!

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Well here is some of my people Supporting Standing Rock

Akwesasne Supports Standing Rock
www.indiantime.net...

Here is One of the Chiefs of Our Land Supporting Standing Rock Reservation visiting their community
www.indiantime.net...

Akwesasne demonstration supports Standing Rock Sioux's protest of Dakota Access Pipeline

Friday, September 16, 2016 - 5:33 pm
northcountrynow.com...

Survival Under Threat, Canada’s Indigenous Unite Against Tar Sands Pipelines
www.popularresistance.org...

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

a reply to: Rezlooper

And...they lost all credibility.

YOU seriously don't see the problem here? Complaining about law breakers by breaking the law?

Didn't work for Billy the Kid, will not work for Tonto.

And... you not having patience with them means nothing to me or the thousands of people there in the camp. Tonto, hey? Sounds like you're another racist hiding behind his keyboard.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

a reply to: Rezlooper

And...they lost all credibility.

YOU seriously don't see the problem here? Complaining about law breakers by breaking the law?

Didn't work for Billy the Kid, will not work for Tonto.

And... you not having patience with them means nothing to me or the thousands of people there in the camp. Tonto, hey? Sounds like you're another racist hiding behind his keyboard.

Thank You !! Rezlooper

Hey BTW !

of the TV Series of the Lone Ranger ! The Guy Who Played Tonto was Belive it Or NOT
is a Iroquois Mohawk ! from a Sister Reservation of Ours !
Jay Silverheels
en.wikipedia.org... aka Harold John Smith

funny eh!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join