It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Hundreds of militarized police descend on Pipeline protesters chained to equipment

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Forgive my ignorance, I worked in Williston ND the last few years, I asked about all the gossip concerning the pipeline, from a locals point of view.
The answers I received 99% of the time was "why worry about the last 20-50 miles of pipeline, when your surrounded by 1000's if not tens of thousands of miles of pipeline, most of the protesters worked over state boarders installing the pipeline in MT, and have know about this close to a decade, wait until the last 20 miles of line needs laid to rally against it?'
This is only the answer I received when I asked what the big deal was, I do not disagree with them having their rights, but to know that long and wait until, the earth movers are in sight...if that part is true..I don't know. Nor claim to,

Sorry, for the bad info. I am not looking for a reply, just posting what the local Wlliston folks, workers and locals have said.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: NHILAR
I supported this far more until I learned it WAS NOT ON TRIBAL LANDS NOR WOULD IT CROSS TRIBAL LANDS.

The protesters are now little more than domestic terrorists.

Sorry you can't just break the law when you feel something is unjust, we have processes and procedures to maintain a civil society.

SUE GET AN INJUNCTION, ETC ETC.

-Nhilar

Um first off, they just demolished sacred land of theirs. Secondly, if a spill like the two that happened exactly like this week were to occur, it would poison their and everyone else's water. Affecting millions of people.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGlitchyNinja

Sacred land not on the reservation and not owned by them correct? Sorry, they have no say over it then. If they wanted they could you know buy the land...

Okay, so a spill might be dangerous..that covers 70% of all industrial activity, so we should ignore the law and 'protest' chemicsl plants, nuclear power plants and most manufacturing?

nah typical liberal Ludite crap, crap loads of tanker trucks are far more poluting....but this is not really about the environment is it.......

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   

I supported this far more until I learned it WAS NOT ON TRIBAL LANDS NOR WOULD IT CROSS TRIBAL LANDS.

Sorry you can't just break the law when you feel something is unjust, we have processes and procedures to maintain a civil society.

-Nhilar

LOL yeah well I guess haven't notice that it less then a Half a Mile away from the reservation ,
and the the water around the area would effect the Reservation !

Ignorance is Bliss ..

have you ever watched .. The Movie Called .

There Will Be Blood .. LOL
www.youtube.com...

its a reversal of what is going on at the Dakota Pipeline..

Ill Drink your Milkshake ! as in Ill Pollute your Water ..

You wouldn't

Mind a Toxic or Nuclear Waste Dump Land fill Half a Mile away from your House !

Would YA ! ?

Seeing its not actually on your Land ...................................

you Wouldnt mind come contaminated water in your rivers ur Soil your Drinking water !
as this had Happen to My reservation .. and its around a Half a Mile to a Mile Away 3 plants dumping waste
effecting our Soil and Waters ...

Ya need to Cast Out a Little Further... to get a Nibble !!
NHILAR ?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   

a reply to: TheGlitchyNinja

Sacred land not on the reservation and not owned by them correct? Sorry, they have no say over it then. If they wanted they could you know buy the land...

Okay, so a spill might be dangerous..that covers 70% of all industrial activity, so we should ignore the law and 'protest' chemicsl plants, nuclear power plants and most manufacturing?

nah typical liberal Ludite crap, crap loads of tanker trucks are far more poluting....but this is not really about the environment is it.......

Educate Yourself ..

Dakota Access Pipeline Protests: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

heavy.com... dian-energy-transfer-kelcy-warren-bakken-lawsuit/

Understanding the Controversy Behind the Dakota Access Pipeline

What to know as protesters and the oil company continue to clash

As Bill McKibben explains for the New Yorker,

the pipeline was originally supposed to cross the Missouri River near Bismarck, but it was moved over concerns that an oil spill at that location would have wrecked the state capital’s drinking water.

As a result, the pipeline was shifted to a crossing half a mile from the reservation.

Read more: www.smithsonianmag.com... Give the gift of Smithsonian magazine for only $12! http://(link tracking not allowed)/1cGUiGv Follow us: @SmithsonianMag on Twitter

Yeah Screw the Reservations Drinking Water if it gets Contaminated..
is what this Oil Company & a Federal Judge is saying...

WOW it does Sound familiar, as what happend to my Area ...

Educate yourself if you want to play with the Big Boys on ATS ..

yeah Dream ON

The Prudhoe Bay oil spill (2006 Alaskan oil spill) was an oil spill that was discovered on March 2, 2006 at a pipeline owned by BP Exploration, Alaska (BPXA) in western Prudhoe Bay, Alaska. Initial estimates of the five-day leak said that up to 267,000 US gallons (6,400 bbl) were spilled over 1.9 acres (7,700 m2), making it the largest oil spill on Alaska's north slope to date.[1] Alaska's unified command ratified the volume of crude oil spilled as 212,252 US gallons (5,053.6 bbl) in March 2008.[2] The spill originated from a 0.25-inch (0.64 cm) hole in a 34-inch (86 cm) diameter pipeline. The pipeline was decommissioned and later replaced with a 20-inch (51 cm) diameter pipeline with its own pipeline inspection gauge (pig) launch and recovery sites for easier inspection.[2]

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 12016MondayfAmerica/Chicago9262 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

Bottom line is your neighbor can do whatever they want on there property. the only way to stop it is to show that there actions will effect you. How do you do that its called court If the judge decides your right he issues an injunction, If he decides your wrong then its done. Protesting by vandalizing and trespassing will only make their case stronger and yours weaker. Judges tend to not like it if you break the law.

PS all ready been determined that it cant effect the aquifer that was a govt requirement for approval. thats why the lawyers switched to the burial ground idea. Problem is there is no evidence it exists.
edit on 9/19/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Exactly. This ends justify the means bull is sickening. YOU don't like something so just break the law..

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Bottom line is your neighbor can do whatever they want on there property. the only way to stop it is to show that there actions will effect you. How do you do that its called court If the judge decides your right he issues an injunction, If he decides your wrong then its done. Protesting by vandalizing and trespassing will only make their case stronger and yours weaker. Judges tend to not like it if you break the law.

Bottom Line is
Who actually owns the land a Civilian individual , a Company , the State , Federal Land !

and it Depends on what LAW ! Constitutional ?

and talk about Sacred burial Ground ,,, LOL I all know too Well ..

you would have a Shock to the System:
if you knew what had Happen in the OKA CRISIS Near my Area 26 years ago ..
when The French Canadian Mayor of OKA
Tried to Mess with a Iroquois Mohawk Cemetery and change it to a Parking Lot
Surrounding Tribes United to defend the Cemetery ..
close to the same of what is going on in Dakota
It was a Peaceful protest at first .. then it got Nasty from the SQ and RMCP
Then The Tribes Armed in Defense.. and a Stand Off for 72 to 76 Days ..
until it was somewhat resolved ..

Sacred Land ... Burial Ground let let alone the High Percentage of contaminating the Soil and Water near the reservation is what Standing Rock Reservation is defending ..

“First, the pipeline would pass under the Missouri River (at Lake Oahe) just a half a mile upstream of the Tribe’s reservation boundary, where a spill would be culturally and economically catastrophic. Second, the pipeline would pass through areas of great cultural significance, such as sacred sites and burials that federal law seeks to protect.” Read more: www.smithsonianmag.com... Give the gift of Smithsonian magazine for only $12! http://(link tracking not allowed)/1cGUiGv Follow us: @SmithsonianMag on Twitter

Read this ::

As Bill McKibben explains for the New Yorker, the pipeline was originally supposed to cross the Missouri River near Bismarck, but it was moved over concerns that an oil spill at that location would have wrecked the state capital’s drinking water. As a result, the pipeline was shifted to a crossing half a mile from the reservation. Read more: www.smithsonianmag.com...

Did you know what The Pipeline changed Course to begin with ?

The very Same Reason the Standing Rock Sioux Reservation is protesting about !

ohh yeah forgot to add this

( wow )

dapl pipeline facts
www.daplpipelinefacts.com...

WTF!!
How Close will the Pipeline get to Residences?

Pipelines are typically located well away from residences and in no event will the pipeline be located fewer than 25 feet to the centerline of the pipeline. In most, if not all cases, homes will not be located closer than a few hundred feet. The DAPL project team will be able to determine the exact distance from the pipeline to residences once we have completed surveying the proposed route.

Closer to homes a few hundred feet!! Holy crap!!

let alone the other crap this FAQ has, i dont agree with .. and neither should anyone else..

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

-Nhilar

The pipeline will cross a half mile from the reservation through the river that runs directly through the heart of their reservation. The river is and always has been their source for life. A pipeline rupture would devastate them... so yes, they have every right to be concerned and do whatever it takes to remove a threat to their way of life!

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

PS all ready been determined that it cant effect the aquifer that was a govt requirement for approval. thats why the lawyers switched to the burial ground idea. Problem is there is no evidence it exists.

You're wrong about that. There were no environmental impact studies done and the Army Corps of Engineers issued their permit to the construction company without these done or consultations with the tribe. The entire project was fast tracked through the government using a loop hole that they only had to get regional permits based on seperate construction sites. You keep drinking the kool-aid.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Here's my latest thread on the situation in North Dakota. This one highlights a couple of articles that talk about the infrastructure that is developing at the protest camp. It also talks a lot more about what is really happening within the camp, the feelings of the people there and the atmosphere. It's a real eye-opener.

What's really happening at Standing Rock

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

Then they should buy all of the river land if it is that important to them.

Sorry, if it not your property you don't get to be a vigilante, take it to court.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Then they should buy all of the river land if it is that important to them.

Sorry, if it not your property you don't get to be a vigilante, take it to court.

It is in court

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

They are also trying vigilante justice. I have no patience for that nonsense.
edit on 19-9-2016 by NHILAR because: Spelling

edit on 19-9-2016 by NHILAR because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

They are also trying vigilante justice. I have no patience for that nonsense.

And...

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

And...they lost all credibility.

YOU seriously don't see the problem here? Complaining about law breakers by breaking the law?

Didn't work for Billy the Kid, will not work for Tonto.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

And...they lost all credibility.

YOU seriously don't see the problem here? Complaining about law breakers by breaking the law?

Didn't work for Billy the Kid, will not work for Tonto.

Wow Ignorance runs through you ..

If its State or Federal land it should be giving to the reservation..

it was Originally theirs first dont you get that ? forced off by the Government
by militant cavalry's...

What Law Abides That ? hmmm ?

The Residence of Standing Rock .. Should Take it back by Force if need Be..

What i see will be a Stand Off... Eventually ...
What sicking is There were Using Security DOG's to Force the Protesters off the Site ..
They have Bitten Woman and Children ... on the Site ..
pepper spray ...
www.youtube.com...

So Who Owns The Land !!!

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Umm..they lost the Indian wars....woe to the vanqueshed...the fact that any exists at all is a testement to the generosity of the previous generations.

If my ancestors had fought this war and won, the males would have been castrated and enslaved while the women and childen made concubines.

Other cultures would have been less generous.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Who owns the land? State land = all citizens of the state, Federal land = all citizens of the usa.

The fact that the reservation exists is a courtesy, it did not and still could not be that way. The treaties were generous, the people got to continue to live - most other nations would not have been so even handed to a defeated enemy.

Go ahead and fight, how large of an army could they raise? Few thousand? The force would probably have a life expectancy of less than a minute on the modern battlefield.

Go ask ISIS how well they did the few times they confroted the Russians in a open battle....and the Russians have less technology than we do and the ISIS fighters are a hell of a lot more experienced than the Red Man.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: NHILAR
I'm gonna call you out on your one minute claim. It's gonna take longer than that if the few thousand were mobilized and have scouts in place.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join