It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of militarized police descend on Pipeline protesters chained to equipment

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluesman462002
And Remember What They Did in the Gulf (BP) That is.
Can you Imagine that Kind of Crap On Land.
Drinking Water Gone
Many Would Be Sick and Maybe Even DIE before they Knew
They Were Drinking Poison.
all I Can say to the Native Americans is
GERONIMO
Give Em Hell.a reply to: Wolfenz

They just may give them Hell... if Pushed further

as it did Were Im from ( Mohawk Territory )

As we Welcome All Kinds of People to Our Land and show Our history !

Akwesasne Your Friend, Your Neighbor
www.youtube.com...

Just Dont Try to Takeover us..

but for Our Mohawk Nation

We know of the Situation of the Pipelines

Mohawk Council of Akwesasne opposes Dakota Access pipeline

Friday, September 9, 2016 - 7:06 am
www.northcountrynow.com...

Akwesasne has a history as well of battling government and big business in an effort to protect our waters, our environment, and the inherent responsibility we possess to be the keepers of the land. Our support is with all those carrying out the Dakota Access pipeline protests.

edit on 42016ThursdayfAmerica/Chicago9258 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
That injunction against the construction by the feds was just to put people off. They needed things to quiet down in the mass media so they could quietly clear out the protesters.

The Us government always sues for peace when its losing. To get the upper hand.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

Thanks for posting the Oka stuff.
Most people down here never saw it, and lots that did ignored it. Same with the Tyindyaga stuff, the Kanesatake stuff,
and the Caledonia protests.

Or the James Bay protests...

Sorry for anything I misspelled, I butcher Mohawk & english equally....

The people at Standing Rock are standing up FOR ALL OF US, whether posters here choose to pay attention or not.
There's always one on a thread who intentionally disrupts by claiming "it's my opinion & I have a right to it". In this case I have some oily water for ya to drink, and there's still plenty of polluted dirt I can dump off for your garden.
( Love canal, Brownsfields, ect)
If it's good enough for the protesters to be forced to live with, I think you should have some too.

BTW for the other poster, I don't think the law enforcement that got dragged into this is at fault.
From what I've seen, they have been very laid back. It's the private security companies personnel that got all froggy and combative.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The injunction only covers a few miles of land, north and south of that the companies are free to continue working.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

That injunction against the construction by the feds was just to put people off. They needed things to quiet down in the mass media so they could quietly clear out the protesters.

Yepp, did the exact same thing with Syria recently too.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

The people at Standing Rock are standing up FOR ALL OF US, whether posters here choose to pay attention or not. There's always one on a thread who intentionally disrupts by claiming "it's my opinion & I have a right to it". In this case I have some oily water for ya to drink, and there's still plenty of polluted dirt I can dump off for your garden. ( Love canal, Brownsfields, ect) If it's good enough for the protesters to be forced to live with, I think you should have some too.

Perhaps this would be the only thing these people understand, while they are comfortably sitting in their homes denigrating those who are standing up for their rights and their kids futures...i would hazard a guess they would be screaming loudly if it was their lives and kids futures at stake ...

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Thanks the OKA Crisis goes along this Thread i would think

Justice, its close to the same situation

Where im from ,

We have been battling Government and Company's
for Decades to centuries .. for US we are between both Borders
Canada and USA and had Problems with Both Sides , of Land Control
what Laws to abide , and incing there way into OUR Land ,
Acting as if they can have control, well they cant, by a rightful Treaty
as both sides choose to ignore.. at times

There's always one on a thread who intentionally disrupts by claiming "it's my opinion & I have a right to it". In this case I have some oily water for ya to drink, and there's still plenty of polluted dirt I can dump off for your garden. ( Love canal, Brownsfields, ect) If it's good enough for the protesters to be forced to live with, I think you should have some too.

exactly

They dont.. see that

Funny that Comedians and Singers had expressed this too Like George Carlin about drinking water in his Tours and the Same with Johnny Cash about the water in Folsom Prison that the the Prison officials wouldn't even drink the water ..

Anyhow Here an Article about the GM Plant contaminating the Soil and leaking Near a fellow Mohawk Property that lives right next to the GM Plant .. of what he had done ..

Feedback: Mohawk Man Arrested Following Showdown At Old GM Plant
www.wwnytv.com...

Mohawk Man Arrested for Taking Backhoe to Superfund Site

Read more at indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com...
indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com...

Larry Thompson, 56, was charged on August 11 with two felonies and two misdemeanors after he drove onto the notoriously polluted mound, scooped up contaminated soil and loaded it into railroad cars that were waiting to cart away debris from the GM building that is being torn down in the wake of bankruptcy proceedings.

“Remove the pile, remove the Superfund site, take all their poison out of here and put it into a secure site,” Thompson said of her wishes for the masked pile of crud. “They call it a cleanup but it’s really a cover-up, because they’re just covering it up.”

New York Mohawk: Move toxic General Motors dump from tribal lands
www.syracuse.com...

MASSENA, N.Y. (AP) --

Larry Thompson sits high in his tractor cab and drives to a chain-link fence along his family property on the Mohawk Indians' Akwesasne Reservation, where they fished, grew vegetables and played as children.

He points to a toxic landfill about 30 feet away, stretching toward the St. Lawrence River.

"The whole hill," he says evenly.
"Our gardens were right here, where that sign is."
Thompson's family put up the sign 20 years ago, warning: "PCBs, danger area."

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGlitchyNinja

originally posted by: intrptr

Yep, did the exact same thing with Syria recently too.

E_X_A_C_T_L_Y

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
a reply to: intrptr

The injunction only covers a few miles of land, north and south of that the companies are free to continue working.

The 'gubment intervention' put everyone off, so they could go back to work, secretly they hoped.

Not...

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

Thank You for the links!
Don't know how I missed this.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper
Heavily armored riot gear police from the Morton County Sheriff's Department, North Dakota State Patrol, and other agencies have descended on protesters who chained themselves to equipment along the construction sites. Over 20 were arrested.

What did they think was going to happen?

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The people at Standing Rock are standing up FOR ALL OF US, whether posters here choose to pay attention or not. There's always one on a thread who intentionally disrupts by claiming "it's my opinion & I have a right to it". In this case I have some oily water for ya to drink, and there's still plenty of polluted dirt I can dump off for your garden. ( Love canal, Brownsfields, ect) If it's good enough for the protesters to be forced to live with, I think you should have some too.

Perhaps this would be the only thing these people understand, while they are comfortably sitting in their homes denigrating those who are standing up for their rights and their kids futures...i would hazard a guess they would be screaming loudly if it was their lives and kids futures at stake ...

Sadly, it's been happening for decades now and we are all still sitting around. More worried about insignificant stuff. The natives understand what's at stake and finally took a stand, while we have major cities crumbling, being mass poisoned and we just sit around, doing nothing.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGlitchyNinja

More worried about insignificant stuff.

Indeed...We have reached critical mass when it comes to people being selfish and only caring about their small insignificant worlds.....i think people are so detached from reality they care more about how much tax they pay as opposed to things like the environment and the lively hoods of others, even if it will affect all of us in the long term, its only the short term that matters....its what i would call tunnel vision and the education system is at the heart of the issue...

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   
This has been going on for centuries the corporations and government see something they want and it's on Native land they go after it using full force.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   

As far as drinking water a spill isn't going to harm the aquifer. However the damage done to wildlife in thr area could be huge with a leak. Especially if it makes its way to a nearby stream or river. I can say if it was going through my back yard I'd be concerned about the damage to the local wildlife. But since they aren't going to stop the pipeline probably better to force concessions from the canadians. For example there leak detection system they can't tell until over 2 percent has been lost. For me thATS crazy. Think the volume this pipeline wilL carry so even a spill of less than 2 percent is hundreds of gallons of oil. The other concession I'd seek would be cement catch basins around the pipes. They don't want to do this because it costs to much yet in certain areas they will have to if it's considered a possible threat to drinking water. I say the maximum protection should be required every where not just in select locations.
edit on 9/16/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/16/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Right again. I posted this on September 12... in an earlier thread...
US government halts oil pipeline opposed by Native Americans

Always the cynic, methinks the government may have requested the "voluntary... temporary" halt to the construction in order to deploy additional security forces in the area. Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
If ANYONE can get this video imbedded here I would be grateful.

This was an unprecedented event. ALL the Leaders of the different nations came together in prayer.

www.facebook.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ganjoa

I remember you saying that. I said something similar in that thread, too.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

It could be true. Facebook has been caught censoring content many times.

Anybody know if Zuckerberg has a stake in the pipeline?

BTW, this is really a tough issue for me. I believe that energy independence should be a basic common-sense public policy, but this thuggish police crap is like something the old robber barons would do to keep their economic slave workers in line.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper
Get ready folks, if this keeps up and their will be an Indian Uprising!

Then we'll send em back to India!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join