It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Hajj Pilgrims Stone "Devil Bush"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
More than 2.5 million muslims on Hajj in Mena, Saudi Arabia, used the ritual of stoning, meant as an act of purification and rejection of temptation to express their anger toward what they consider to be devils, invoking images of George Bush, Ariel Sharon and Tony Blair.

www.cnn.com
Many pilgrims said they were thinking of Bush and his allies while they were hurling pebbles at the site where the devil is said to have appeared to the biblical patriarch Abraham.

"Yes, the devil is Bush and that other one from Israel -- (Prime Minister Ariel) Sharon. And there's (British Prime Minister) Blair too," said Egyptian Tia'amah Mohammed.

"We throw the stones so we can vent our anger at them."

Many Muslims revile Bush for his perceived bias towards Israel and the U.S. occupation of Iraq. Anger at Sharon also runs deep over Israel's occupation of Palestinian land and Jerusalem, the site of one of Islam's holiest shrines.

"During the stoning I couldn't help thinking of Bush, Blair and Sharon," said British Muslim activist Yvonne Ridley.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

In the same article it makes brief mention that a prominent Saudi Muslim cleric urged Muslims not to commit terrorism in the name of Islam. It would seem from this article that the sentiment of "Devil Bush" is shared by the majority of moderate muslims not only the extremists. It also makes me wonder how many of the 2.5 million Muslims in attendance did the reporter question and how many answers didn't fit his agenda.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
A healthy expression of anger, I would have to say.

"Devil Bush"......I wonder how many times I have thought that when thinking of some of my ex-girlfriends......

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   
It completely amazes me how so many people can be so deceived. Im sure ill get a lot of critisism and maybe even threats, but-Islam is evil and a big fat lie. All who follow this false religion will absolutely perish. One second after they die they will know how foolish they were, but no amount of tissues will wipe away thier tesrs-forever. How sad!

Jesus died for all that is the truth and that is why muslims hate christians so much. Infact, no other name under Heave causes so much controversy as the name Jesus. That alone begs the question; Is there any truth to this Jesus guy? After all can you name another single person who can cause the entire world to hate his followers-im sure you can't.
how about another religion that does not require that you earn your way to heaven like islam.
Let all those who name the name of Jesus take heed these murders have knives with the name of every true believer on them. Its going to take a real firm hold on God in order to face the coming nightmare in this country.
the Bible clearly warns that these eveil men will believe that they are doing the Lord's will by killing alll non muslims.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Graystar
It completely amazes me how so many people can be so deceived. Im sure ill get a lot of critisism and maybe even threats, but-Islam is evil and a big fat lie. All who follow this false religion will absolutely perish. One second after they die they will know how foolish they were, but no amount of tissues will wipe away thier tesrs-forever. How sad!

Jesus died for all that is the truth and that is why muslims hate christians so much. Infact, no other name under Heave causes so much controversy as the name Jesus. That alone begs the question; Is there any truth to this Jesus guy? After all can you name another single person who can cause the entire world to hate his followers-im sure you can't.
how about another religion that does not require that you earn your way to heaven like islam.
Let all those who name the name of Jesus take heed these murders have knives with the name of every true believer on them. Its going to take a real firm hold on God in order to face the coming nightmare in this country.
the Bible clearly warns that these eveil men will believe that they are doing the Lord's will by killing alll non muslims.

No threats, just criticism/poking fun at.

Did Jesus die so you could hold back Europe 1000 years, did Jesus die so Christians could burn people at the stake for being "different"? Did Jesus millions of people to die in his name?

In my opinion both your damn religions are crazy and you have alot more incommon than you know....

PS- How do these people manage to get to ATS? I'd figure they'd just smash the computer with a stick because they think it's a demon box or something.

[edit on 1/22/2005 by Flinx]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Graystar says:

Jesus died for all that is the truth and that is why muslims hate christians so much. Infact, no other name under Heave causes so much controversy as the name Jesus.

You simply don't have a clue Graystar. I know quite a few Muslims and have known them for many years. Not one has expressed hatred for Christians or Jews. In fact, many have Jewish people in their circle of friends. Get off your Barcolounger and out of the house once in a while, talk to some people outside of your small circle, and open your mind a tiny bit.

BTW, read the Koran before you criticize its followers. As it is, you are speaking from pure ignorance. FYI, the Koran recognizes Jesus as a great prophet though not as God's son.

[edit on 1/22/2005 by dubiousone]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 02:57 AM
link   
really? calling him a bastard and a liar dont seem too nice to me.

[edit on 22-1-2005 by namehere]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx

PS- How do these people manage to get to ATS? I'd figure they'd just smash the computer with a stick because they think it's a demon box or something.
[edit on 1/22/2005 by Flinx]

I have to say that is pretty damn funny. "Demon Box"

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:07 AM
link   
graystar you are really a complete nutter. you'd be someone who'd bomb the muslims in the name of jesus and would start a crusade or someone. you are completely immoral and really do lack understanding of the world.

ive noticed is that all the major religions in the world, the basis is if your not us, you are wrong, evil, will perish etc. most of the major religions are forced on us, they are preached to us. why? there is not one religion in the world that doesnt ask to freely convert and not be forced or persuaded. this is the wrong of all religions i see it as. im born with no religion and so im almost neutral in a way. i still respect all religions but i disrespect those who use religion as a cause for extremism or radicalism. ie - you graystar.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Im sure ill get a lot of critisism and maybe even threats, but-Islam is evil and a big fat lie. All who follow this false religion will absolutely perish.

i see you have been also "washed" by the massive paranoid-propaganda machine. islam is evil? and christianity is good? and we are currently watching an epic battle "of good against evil"?
each religion DESERVES respect. doesnt matter what it is, muslim, jewish, christian, buddist, every one is THE SAME. no religion is "more evil" than the other. but i understand your confusion. people can use religion for their political goals and therefore create "the war of religions" for their own puprose.it happened before. lots of times. and it is happening now. i see your country doing that, since alot of people started projecting all their fears on muslims. is every muslim now a "terrorist"?
come on!
WAKE UP!

what exactly DO you KNOW about islam religion?
looks to me not much, but enough to critisize it.
very ignorant of you...

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   
i wouldn mind throwing some stones myself into that moron. Hell, americans would be the first in line if they saw out of the sh.... he got them into. I dont think he made a single friend since he has been in power. And people tend to remember if you drop bombs in them.

If you have fear of islam, think of Spanish conquering the south america and slaughtering of entire civilizations there. I could go on up until the 21st century with slaughter of muslims in Bosnia, that nobody likes to mention. Basically USA and Europe turned a blind eye for a couple of years while Serbs basically exterminated the muslim population as they pleased, with UN observers "observing" the genocide. Not only that, they wouldnt even let them fight back, wouldnt let them buy weapons to fight back. But when the Bosnians asked Saudi Arabia for help (and got it) they were all over them.

So much for you black and white world...

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Is there any truth to this Jesus guy?

After all can you name another single person who can cause the entire world to hate his followers-im sure you can't.

i don't know if these have been answered yet. here goes..

Don't know.

Mohammed.

Many - including Christianity.

*and an edit for spelling..

[edit on 22-1-2005 by quango]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   
DubiousOne, you beat me to it. The Koran really does recognise Jesus as a prophet and looks favourably on early Christians/Jews as they gave refuge and shelter to Mohammed when he fled Mecca.

All major religons in their original form should be respected as they ALWAYS demand the best aspects of human nature: tollerance, compassion and charity.

Its when shrewed men corrupt religons to increase their own power and wealth that we see these deluded radicals fighting for bankrupt ideals.

Catholicism is the worst culprit for this and can be DIRECTLY blamed for the current animosity between Muslims and the wider Christian community. When the Romans took over Christianity and completly changed it to fit their agendas they made Jesus devine and proclaimed themselves as the soul link to God. In true Roman style they fought wars against people with differing opinion including Muslims, scientists and helped repress Jews.

If you want the TRUE anticrist you need look no further than the wealth bloated, morally corupt Catholic Church. George W. Bush would do them proud. I would stone an effigy of him myself if I thought it would do any good.

I must add im an atheist who respects all true Christians, Muslims and Jews but cant stand those who use it to further their financial and political power. e.g Roman Catholic Church

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subz:
the Romans took over Christianity and completly changed it to fit their agendas they made Jesus devine and proclaimed themselves as the soul link to God.

In doing so they perverted the teachings of Jesus who told his followers that when they pray they should do so in their closet and speak directly to God rather than make a public show of it. He never told them to pray to or through an intermediary such as the church, himself, or a person canonized by the church as a saint.

[edit on 1/22/2005 by dubiousone]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
There is a great divide between the realms of faith and religion. Religion is evil, Faith is divine. This practice of tossing rocks at the devil seems very anachronistic to me, laughable even, in the face of the current situation. Why don't the stone 'devil wolfowitz', or 'devil Cheney', or 'devil Abbas', or any of the other real architects of their marginalization? Because they are too backwards and uneducated to recognize a scapegoat for what it is. Ironic when you think that they're stoning the image set up specifically for that purpose by their unseen enemies.

Now on to the relgious question.

Jesus was essentially a faith healer. A generally good guy, except for the fact that he was a cult leader and demanded his followers give up all money and property to be redistributed. He had a very mild temper, and was most famous for preaching compassion and understanding between 'brothers.' In case you care, that includes muslims, and all others.

Mohammed was a religious warrior. A generally naughty fellow, prone to conquest and destruction, but with a compassionate streak that is evidenced in the fact that he didn't wipe out indigenous cultures, and he even allowed different religions to flourish in his territories
(a practice continued by Salladin). Sure, he was married to a child, but that was pretty normal back in his day. Over all, not a completely evil guy, but probably too religous to be very good at rational thought.

In the end, why do all you sheep out there need these long dead fellows for guidance and identity? There are plenty of living, breathing role models alive today. Jesus was a big fan of saying you didn't need the church, or organized religion, to talk to God, since God is and always will be inside each and every one of us. We all evidence the divine, we are all Gods, and we are all Demons. Stop living for a dead man, and start thinking about the future that applies equally to ALL religions.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Religion.......just seems a pain in the arse to me.............. greystar ( and those like you ! ) for christs sake (geddit..huh.. ??) get a grip man.........or woman.............whatever the f.......oh i give up anyway !

new topics

top topics

join