It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Phenomenon: Organized Antidigitalists = Anti Internet

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I know of some people, grouping together, who want nothing to do with Internet, they do that because of the #bigbrotheriswatchingyou ghost that goes around on the internet. They only do regular mail and no telephone, can maybe have analogous cable TV, will perhaps take digital interactive cable TV (which is actually also Internet based). These are modern times Amish people. If they refuse Internet because of a kind of belief and principals, and they are fanatic, they can get in problems with authorities and the Internet based society as a whole, they could get for example in monetary troubles, simply because no cash system anymore and everybody got to do Online Banking.

They have my sympathy, but I myself cannot leave the Internet alone, the Internet is dualistic has good sides but also OK very very dark sides.

...is the dark side stronger? no! only faster...

I think that our present #bigbrotheriswatchingyou surveillance society is just a phase, a bottleneck we got to pass, until 100% security by quantum computing is realized.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: galien8

There will come a time, probably right after my retirement, that I will toss out internet, telephones, televisions, satellite radios, iPads, etc.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
There will come a time, probably right after my retirement, that I will toss out internet, telephones, televisions, satellite radios, iPads, etc.

What about your Victrola?

link   
One day soon, maybe in a few years I will move somewhere semi rural and although will have power and sewer so as not to get arrested for living off the Grid, I will be off the grid. Teaching, reading, nature and family. I may need email for some contact with family and friends. But that's the goal. So peaceful.

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Oh, then you're crazy.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Do they have a website or Facebook page?

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

The internet is not necessary for the survival of the human race. If anything, it may actually hasten our demise. I have gone through phases where I ditched the internet. I even contemplated it with my wife earlier. But then I would have to get a smart phone again. At present, I have no cell phone since june. My life did not end.

Its actually quite doable and rather liberating. If one depends on it for their business though, there is nothing wrong with that.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: imjack
a reply to: DBCowboy

Oh, then you're crazy.

Mad as a Hatter!

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

What about your Victrola?

I'll keep the music box as well as indoor plumbing.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Yes, that is how their "GoFundUs" page is hooked up... Now if they get a non-profit deal like a Church™ then I'm in like Flynn.. I gave the cellphone back to the PD when I went back to Patrol and I haven't missed 1 call.. I'll be the only guy in Thee Olde Folks Home that doesn't have some sort of brain cancer..

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

How can one organize a group globally that is anti Internet and does not of course use Internet?

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
One day soon, maybe in a few years I will move somewhere semi rural and although will have power and sewer so as not to get arrested for living off the Grid, I will be off the grid. Teaching, reading, nature and family. I may need email for some contact with family and friends. But that's the goal. So peaceful.

Join the Amish

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: galien8

How can one organize a group globally that is anti Internet and does not of course use Internet?

It'd be like trying to organize a group of procrastinating paranoids.

"I'm busy, why do you want to know!"

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

very, very funny we will make special place for U

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Join the Amish

I don't like the hats.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

The internet is not necessary for the survival of the human race. If anything, it may actually hasten our demise. I have gone through phases where I ditched the internet. I even contemplated it with my wife earlier. But then I would have to get a smart phone again. At present, I have no cell phone since june. My life did not end.

Its actually quite doable and rather liberating. If one depends on it for their business though, there is nothing wrong with that.

We in Holland had a draft army way back, in those days pacifist could refuse the draft out of principals or belief, there must come space in our internet based society for people that are complete refuser, I mean they must have enough opportunity to do so and still have a good life and make a living

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
here is your future, where justice is doled out by computers.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Join the Amish

I don't like the hats.

they have funny beards too

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

It'd be like trying to organize a group of procrastinating paranoids.

"I'm busy, why do you want to know!"

you mean proliferating paranoids

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: sanitizedinfo
here is your future, where justice is doled out by computers.

COOL MUSIC

edit on 2016-9-14 by galien8 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join