It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Mainstream media fox: Trump didn't mock reporter after all?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: olaru12

What disability of Cruz's is he mocking here?

I assume that it's an impression of a Right Wing Christian fool. Not bad actually!!!

Trump is after all a member of the Actors Union, so it's not like he doesn't have any experience.

www.hollywoodreporter.com...

Union proud, Union strong....it's the only thing about Trump I can abide.

edit on 14-9-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Pretending the person who is the target of his mockery is physically and/or mentally challenged is his go to methodology. That doesn't mean that when the person he's targeting actually is physically challenged, he gets let off the proverbial "retard" hook!

Retard? Actually, as Trump stated, he "merely mimicked what I thought would be a flustered reporter trying to get out of a statement he made long ago". If you take that to mean retard, that's your own problem.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

100,000 people as deplorable as he is. I'm sure.
I'm sure he got more with his Mexican judge rap.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: rockintitz
a reply to: Reverbs

That's it? Lol

I'm no fan of Biden but that was literally nothing worth even mentioning.

I don't think Trump's impression was either, though. I make the same kind of impressions of anybody I'm making fun of or trying to portray as an imbecile. Regardless of whether they have a condition or not.

It's not very presidential though.

What does that word even mean? Go back in time and name just one president who hasn't done something questionable.

This is such a non issue it's unreal. Just people searching for anything possibly offensive, so they can take the credit for pointing it out, so they can get their pat on the back from everyone else who loves feeling offended on someone else's behalf.

While doing absolutely nothing.

You are correct to a point. Nobody is perfect and nobody should be. We shouldn't hold our candidates that that image of perfection. Who cares about Romney's folders full of women or anything.

Except with Trump, he actually mocked a disabled person as a presidential candidate. I mean mocked him, making fun of his disability. If I saw a grown man making fun of one of my students with disabilities I would probably get arrested for assault. This is America and we don't do this to our fellow citizens, that's bullying and I don't abide that, ever. My children understand that if they see someone at school picking on a disabled student they better step in and stop it. We don't stand for that.

As bad as that is, my dislike of Trump goes back to all of the books that I've read detailing business peoples dealings with him. I read a lot of business books and I would never go into a business deal with trump...he's that shady and unethical. The last book I read discussing him, was that shark tales one by Barabara Corcaran (I didn't spell her name right)

Thirdly, he's a democrat and has always been one. Hillary Clinton was at his and Melania's wedding as an invited guest of honor. Did you know that? He's been lying to conservatives this whole time.

But back on point. We don't let people pick on the disabled in this country....That's not one of our values.

You might not mind disabled people, kids with autism, mentally disabled people, people with brain damage, Children with cancer...people that look different or act different...you might not mind those people getting picked on but I do. That's our difference i think.
edit on 14-9-2016 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I do believe any observational problems are yours. Especially so, considering the lengths and mental gymnastics that you, Fox News and the Catholics4Trump have to preform to try to get your message across. We get it, we're just not buying it!
edit on 14-9-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

See the thing is you're not supposed to make fun of people. It hurts them.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

a reply to: amazing

When I saw the video and read a couple of articles. I then researched this reporter to see who he was...watched video of him in a couple of pressers and interviews.

So you didn't just watch an unbiased video.

I actually watched the entire speech/press conference unedited with no commentary. How much more unbiased can you get? Enlighten me.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I do believe any observational problems are yours. Especially so, considering the lengths and mental gymnastics that you, Fox News and the Catholic4Trump have to preform to try to get your message across. We get it, we're just not buying it!

You don't get it, because despite the contradictory evidence, you take something you've formed in your head as truth.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

You can't ... If you don't agree you're simply wrong.

/eyeroll

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I do believe any observational problems are yours. Especially so, considering the lengths and mental gymnastics that you, Fox News and the Catholic4Trump have to preform to try to get your message across. We get it, we're just not buying it!

You don't get it, because despite the contradictory evidence, you take something you've formed in your head as truth.

Your emotional gymnastics are a thing of beauty however. No, we get it!!

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

You can't ... If you don't agree you're simply wrong.

/eyeroll

Your little emotes are cute.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

If you think that THAT was an accurate representation of a well known and respected, but flustered, reporter, and not Trump's go to "retard" model, that he's being using since he was in the 4th grade, then you're the one with blind bias. I guess you also believe that Gretchen Carlson really did have blood coming out of her wherever!

link   
a reply to: thinline

I have a bridge for sale. Wanna see it? No really. If you believe that I know we can do business.

Lets see what that damaged brain does to the D Student in two weeks huh?

link   

Your emotional gymnastics are a thing of beauty however. No, we get it!!

Your tribalism is a thing of beauty. You still believe it when shown contradictory evidence.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Quite obviously Trump was not making fun of the reporters' disability. He was making fun of the reporter. Big difference.
Given that there is clear evidence now that he uses the expression generally, the only people likely to still claim he was making fun of all disabled people are those that went overboard in the first place and are now entrenched.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

I actually watched the entire speech/press conference unedited with no commentary. How much more unbiased can you get? Enlighten me.

Did you watch the video where he does the exact same impression of people who DO NOT have disabilities ?

He wasn't making fun of disabilities he was insulting people on being wishy washy and unintelligent.

makes fun of all in the same manner:
generals on TV,
bank regulators or people who hear him say regulators (wasn't clear),
Ted Cruz

It's not something I wish to see as acceptable behavior of presidents, so yea it's not good, but it's not what I originally thought either.
edit on 14-9-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

link   

Operative being. "When I was a kid..." as you start.

But he's not a kid. Not in years anyway.

link   
a reply to: xstealth

so trump uses hand gestures to mock a disability and uses said hand gestures to make fun of people he does not like. yeah there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.**sarcasm

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Operative being. "When I was a kid..." as you start.

But he's not a kid. Not in years anyway.

agreed.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Mocking people in general, by mimicking them to look as though they have a mental or physical disability degrades all disabled people!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join