It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Mainstream media fox: Trump didn't mock reporter after all?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz
a reply to: Reverbs

That's it? Lol

I'm no fan of Biden but that was literally nothing worth even mentioning.

I don't think Trump's impression was either, though. I make the same kind of impressions of anybody I'm making fun of or trying to portray as an imbecile. Regardless of whether they have a condition or not.

yes like when I was a kid and evryone would hold their wrist bent and hit their chest while sticking their tongue out to the side.. It was never making fun of people with disabilities, it was making fun of someone you are in an argument with. "my name's sarah and I'm so stooopid.. **flopping arms around confused look on face** "

Like this joke about gay people and the other F word..

So it makes perfect sense he really wasn't making fun of disabilities as evidenced that he does the same thing making fun of anyone he doesn't like..

It is still a little below the maturity level I'd like to see on a world leader, but not as bad as I originally thought.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
I watched that whole thing numerous times...unedited. He definitely mocked that guy.

It's not a hit, low blow, distortion or anything like that to call that out. I have disabled students, and I'm telling you, That really pissed me off. Trump is a horrible person.

Thank you.
I was ready to damn my own eyes and ears .....again...

He totally mocked the guy.
I will agree his talents are limited though so there's that.

link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: amazing

You took one side of the story as truth, while dismissing Trump's side altogether. That's the fact of the matter.

How do you figure that? I don't think I took anyone's side, I judged based on an unbiased video. Enlighten me.

link   
a reply to: xstealth

Remember the backlash when Obama self effaced his own bowling abilities, comparing them to "Special Olympic" levels?

Donald Trump fancies himself as a stand up comedian. Just because he's not very good at it, and his subject matter isn't funny even if it's Politically Incorrect, he's not Bill Maher. Just because his standard mimic mode is to go retard, that doesn't mean he didn't mean to insult the mannerisms of a handicap reporter. Rubio really was exceptionally thirsty when Trump relentlessly mocked his mannerisms.

Good rule of thumb, "If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably Trump mocking someone by imitating his take on a mentally challenged individual.

edit on 14-9-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
In no particular order I would like to see Trump do his impersonation of:
    An Asian person
    A deaf person
    A person with a tracheotomy
    A Jewish person
    An Indian and/or Pakistani person
    An effeminate man
    A redneck
    A white guy playing an Australian guy playing a black guy

link   
a reply to: olaru12

What disability of Cruz's is he mocking here?

link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

Trump doing the arm things makes front page news. Biden yelling at a guy in a wheelchair to stand-up gets swept under the media rug.

Apparently you're of a mind that two wrongs make a right.
Or you're trying to deflect the discussion away from trump. And on to someone else.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

So basically he mocks everyone. Just another child behaviour that he displays.
The man suffers from some serious arrested development.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: rockintitz

That's it? Lol

I'm no fan of Biden but that was literally nothing worth even mentioning.

I don't think Trump's impression was either, though. I make the same kind of impressions of anybody I'm making fun of or trying to portray as an imbecile. Regardless of whether they have a condition or not.

It's not very presidential though.

What does that word even mean? Go back in time and name just one president who hasn't done something questionable.

This is such a non issue it's unreal. Just people searching for anything possibly offensive, so they can take the credit for pointing it out, so they can get their pat on the back from everyone else who loves feeling offended on someone else's behalf.

While doing absolutely nothing.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

So basically he mocks everyone. Just another child behaviour that he displays.
The man suffers from some serious arrested development.

He is an equal opportunity offender, for sure. As he himself has stated, he hits back. The thing is, you have to hit him first if you wish to draw his mockery to yourself.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
All you TSJWs love Putin so much ... Can you point to the last time he did a "standard retard"?

Or any world leader ... At any time ... Ever?

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

How do you figure that? I don't think I took anyone's side, I judged based on an unbiased video. Enlighten me.

How'd you find out the reporter was disabled?

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Holy crud people are actually attempting to say he didn't mean to take the mick out of a disabled reporter?. Really? heck I bet he could eat children and some here will defend him.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

Trump doing the arm things makes front page news. Biden yelling at a guy in a wheelchair to stand-up gets swept under the media rug.

That's swept up? He was calling the guy out on his humility, then realised his mistake on the 'standing up'. Was he mocking the guy? Not at all. Did he mock himself in response? Yes!

This isn't a false equivalency...this is just plain stoopid! (And very telling, I might add.)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

How'd you find out the reporter was disabled?

When I saw the video and read a couple of articles. I then researched this reporter to see who he was...watched video of him in a couple of pressers and interviews.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

In no particular order I would like to see Trump do his impersonation of:
    An Asian person
    A deaf person
    A person with a tracheotomy
    A Jewish person
    An Indian and/or Pakistani person
    An effeminate man
    A redneck
    A white guy playing an Australian guy playing a black guy

I personally think pepole are way too tightly wound these days.. haha

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

He is an equal opportunity offender, for sure.

Pretending the person who is the target of his mockery is physically and/or mentally challenged is his go to methodology. That doesn't mean that when the person he's targeting actually is physically challenged, he gets let off the proverbial "retard" hook!

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

When I saw the video and read a couple of articles. I then researched this reporter to see who he was...watched video of him in a couple of pressers and interviews.

So you didn't just watch an unbiased video.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

That's what these people are comparing trump to?
Oh they're out of their minds.
That was not mocking. It was part of his speech. He had the audience stand for the man who could not stand...to honor him.
The Chuck, stand up thing was a lead in to getting the audience up instead.
Sorry but that's not even in the same league as trump mocking that man. Trump exhibits worse behaviour than some children.
At least kids know not to make fun of someone with disabilities.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
He introduced his imitation by saying "you gotta see this guy."

Then he tried to claim he had never met him.

The man lies every time he opens his mouth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join