It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Mainstream media fox: Trump didn't mock reporter after all?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: UKTruth

It doesn't matter who he's mocking, he always resorts to the same old politically incorrect stereotypes, in this case mocking the posture of certain disabled folk, thinking he's funny. He's a real (low) class clown!

Except he wasn't mocking the posture of a disabled person.
He was using a gesture to convey confusion or being flustered. That is what he was talking about on both occasions when he made the gesture. Now that we have seen the other example, that much is clear.

No, it's not clear. You are merely speculating.

You have no way of knowing if Trump was mocking the reporter or not. You cannot read his mind; we have no reason to believe his statements.

Own your opinion, your speculation ... but don't present it as fact.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

How can you prove he wasn't mocking Serge Kovaleski?

I mean, you weren't there. You only have Trump's word for it.

You're merely speculating; you have no proof.

Two videos, same gesture, different people, describing someone confused both times he made the gesture. Proof enough. certainly more proof than anyone has that he was mocking the reporters disability.

There is no proof. You have no way to know what Trump's intention was.

You're speculating. Own up to it or look ... kinda foolish.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Two videos, same gesture, different people, describing someone confused both times he made the gesture. Proof enough. certainly more proof than anyone has that he was mocking the reporters disability.

Debunked... I think that picture comparison I posted ended it. It made your post look... kinda foolish.
Let's face facts, if I presented my evidence to an impartial panel and you presented yours, I'd win. You know it and I know it.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Debunked... I think that picture comparison I posted ended it. It made your post look... kinda foolish.
Let's face facts, if I presented my evidence to an impartial panel and you presented yours, I'd win. You know it and I know it.

LOL ... now you're tossing in catch-phrases, and making up scenarios.

You're speculating. You don't know what was on Trump's mind. You're not telepathic. Now you want to self-congratulate yourself on "victory." LOL, it's actually rather pathetic.

The photos clearly demonstrate that Trump was holding his right hand in the same distinctive way that Mr. Kovaleski is shown to in multiple photographs. Perhaps Donald developed his "standard retard" from his experience with Mr. Kovaleski. Who can say? It's speculation.

You're absolutely right, there is circumstantial evidence in the photographs though, but you have no way of knowing (or proving) what Mr. Trump was thinking. It's okay to speculate. That's all you're doing.

Don't embarrass yourself further by more "high-fiving" yourself. Just admit you're not a mind-reader and move on.
edit on 14-9-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

LOL ... now you're tossing in catch-phrases, and making up scenarios.

You're speculating. You don't know what was on Trump's mind. You're not telepathic. Now you want to self-congratulate yourself on "victory." LOL, it's actually rather pathetic.

The photos clearly demonstrate that Trump was holding his right hand in the same distinctive way that Mr. Kovaleski is shown to in multiple photographs.

You're absolutely right, there is circumstantial evidence in the photographs, but you have no way of knowing (or proving) what Mr. Trump was thinking. It's okay to speculate. That's all you're doing.

Don't embarrass yourself further by more high-fiving yourself. Just admit you're not a mind-reader and move on.

You still haven't described the differences in the two images that you claim to have seen.... still waiting...or have you given up on that one because it debunks your entire argument?
edit on 14/9/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Keep waiting.

I've made what I see very clear.

I'm not a mind-reader; and neither are you.

At least I can admit it.

You're still trying to prove you know something you can't know.

If Ms. Coulter is correct, as well as the Catholics for Trump, then Mr. Trump has a very limited range of gestures. He doesn't present a lot of creativity, so it's reasonable to speculate that he developed his "standard retard" from his past interactions with Kovaleski.

It's really okay to admit you're only guessing ... or speculating ... or imagining what you think Mr. Trump was thinking.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Why bother guys? This is all you're going to get:

You're absolutely right! Trying to talk to a trump supporting conservative is literally like talking to a wall AND we all know they LOVE walls.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Keep waiting.

I've made what I see very clear.

I'm not a mind-reader; and neither are you.

At least I can admit it.

You're still trying to prove you know something you can't know.

If Ms. Coulter is correct, as well as the Catholics for Trump, then Mr. Trump has a very limited range of gestures. He doesn't present a lot of creativity, so it's reasonable to speculate that he developed his "standard retard" from his past interactions with Kovaleski.

It's really okay to admit you're only guessing ... or speculating ... or imagining what you think Mr. Trump was thinking.

I suspected to be kept waiting on that - there really is no answer you can give.
Yep - neither of us know what he was thinking, but we do know what he actually SAID on both occasions. Both were about confusion. That along with both instances of the gesture being the same makes this one clear.

But crack on with your guess that he was mocking a disability. At least you admit it is a guess.

Goodnight. Past 2am here and still have some wikileaks reading to do. Some good stuff in there.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
a reply to: xstealth

Trump doing the arm things makes front page news. Biden yelling at a guy in a wheelchair to stand-up gets swept under the media rug.

Hey keep that on the down low only republicans are racist keep up.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

It doesn't matter who he's mocking, he always resorts to the same old politically incorrect stereotypes, in this case mocking the posture of certain disabled folk, thinking he's funny. He's a real (low) class clown!

He was using a gesture to convey confusion or being flustered. That is what he was talking about on both occasions when he made the gesture. Now that we have seen the other example, that much is clear.

You have no way of knowing if Trump was mocking the reporter or not. You cannot read his mind; we have no reason to believe his statements.

And yet your accusing him of exactly that.hmmmmmmmmmm

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Except he wasn't mocking the posture of a disabled person. He was using a gesture to convey confusion or being flustered.

And, the only way he knows how to convey confusion, thirst, embarrassment, or whatever, is by mocking the posture of a certain type of disabled person, his go to 4th grade take on a "retard". We've all seen it and we know what we're looking at. No amount of mental gymnastics is going to change our impression of Trump's antics.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

And yet your accusing him of exactly that.hmmmmmmmmmm

It looks to be fairly obvious to me. Same hand gesture, etc.

But, I can admit that I'm not telepathic and can't read Trump's mind.

Others here ... can't.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

You're only waiting because you're trying to ignore what I've clearly already said.

Multiple times.

Now you're denying that I've given you answers. Wow.

Both were about CONFUSION? Nope, they were ABOUT the individuals he was ridiculing. Come on man.

Yes, the hand gestures are fairly clear. It looks like he's adopted his "standard retard" image of Kovaleski into his general repertoire.

Oh, I'm done "cracking on" mate for now. The point has been made here with extreme clarity; if you're not a mind-reader you don't know what Trump was thinking.

Enjoy Wikileaks, LOL.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I was under the impression that the reporter isn't involuntarily spastic from his neurological condition. Can anyone confirm that? If so, would it still be mocking by doing something that doesn't happen?

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
I was under the impression that the reporter isn't involuntarily spastic from his neurological condition. Can anyone confirm that? If so, would it still be mocking by doing something that doesn't happen?

Apparently if you make certain movements in a spastic manner, you are mocking disabled people. So it doesn't matter if the mocking had no resemblance nor likeness to the abilities of the mocked individual, so long as the mocked individual is in the fuzzy category he has been placed within by offended parties.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

So it is like the Washington Redskins deal then? So long as certain vocal people say it is offensive to the point of a de facto narrative, then the target's opinion (or any evidence of reality) doesn't matter. Got it...so it really does take a village, hmm....

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Sorry, SOP for DA mocking, it was big in the 80's and 90's before the victimization development pc utopia.

Sometimes you guy's get me a little down syndrome.

I hope he makes a full on Corky impression as he fires everyone.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

so trump uses hand gestures to mock a disability and uses said hand gestures to make fun of people he does not like. yeah there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.**sarcasm

Well how else are you gonna mock people?

I'd like to see his Kim Jong Un and a little Ayatollah.

I bet he's a crack up at the table.

Besides, he was only doing his Joe Cocker impression.

edit on 9 14 2016 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Why do you love Trump so much you are British and should know better.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

The video of him doing the movements—"spastic" as Trump himself had called them—were also performed in an imitation of Cruz. People have taken his movements to mean that he was mocking a disabled reporter, that he mocks the disabled in general, yet Ted Cruz isn't disabled, proving that everyone who believed he would mock the disabled is led by the media.

I'm not being led by no one. I made that judgement call without listening any pundits or anything. I saw an article and watched the whole video myself.

Everyone who knows trump personally, knows he's a jerk. Do some research. Don't believe everything that talk radio tells you. They don't have your best interests at heart and Fox news is a known propaganda arm of the conservatives.
So you didn't listen to any pundits, you only read what they wrote...HaHaHa...

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join