It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Mainstream media fox: Trump didn't mock reporter after all?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Freaking duh, we've been saying this for months and now the mainstream media finally reports it. But because Fox was the only media who had the morals to post this, it'll be discredited by all.

www.foxnews.com...

Donald Trump, it turns out, is not very good at impressions -- but that could be his alibi against persistent accusations that he mocked a reporter's disability last fall.

Trump’s spastic arm waving at a rally last November while mimicking New York Times reporter Serge Kovaleski drew swift condemnation from opponents who claimed Trump was making light of a disability. It's followed him ever since. The Washington Post gave Trump four Pinocchio’s for his denials, and Hillary Clinton used a clip of the impression in a video released Tuesday slamming Trump.

But a pro-Trump, Catholic website has compiled footage appearing to show Trump has a very limited repertoire of impressions -- which the site points to as "evidence" he wasn't mocking the reporter's disability.

edit on 14/9/16 by xstealth because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I watched that whole thing numerous times...unedited. He definitely mocked that guy.

It's not a hit, low blow, distortion or anything like that to call that out. I have disabled students, and I'm telling you, That really pissed me off. Trump is a horrible person.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

Trump doing the arm things makes front page news. Biden yelling at a guy in a wheelchair to stand-up gets swept under the media rug.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Do you really believe that?

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

The video of him doing the movements—"spastic" as Trump himself had called them—were also performed in an imitation of Cruz. People have taken his movements to mean that he was mocking a disabled reporter, that he mocks the disabled in general, yet Ted Cruz isn't disabled, proving that everyone who believed he would mock the disabled is led by the media.
edit on 14-9-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer

Do you really believe that?

He mocked Cruz the same way.

You chose not to?

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

awww eff you man..

I actually agree with Fox News..

I stand corrected, about this particular issue.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

Trump doing the arm things makes front page news. Biden yelling at a guy in a wheelchair to stand-up gets swept under the media rug.

I've never seen that. Got a link?

Sounds like when 50 cent (I think) filmed himself making fun of the airport employee for being high. Turned out the guy was just autistic.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

The video of him doing the movements—"spastic" as Trump himself had called them—were also performed in an imitation of Cruz. People have taken his movements to mean that he was mocking a disabled reporter, that he mocks the disabled in general, yet Ted Cruz isn't disabled, proving that everyone who believed he would mock the disabled is led by the media.

I'm not being led by no one. I made that judgement call without listening any pundits or anything. I saw an article and watched the whole video myself.

Everyone who knows trump personally, knows he's a jerk. Do some research. Don't believe everything that talk radio tells you. They don't have your best interests at heart and Fox news is a known propaganda arm of the conservatives.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

So he was implying Cruz was a spastic in trumps own words of course by doing that gesture ?

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

I've never seen that. Got a link?

Sounds like when 50 cent (I think) filmed himself making fun of the airport employee for being high. Turned out the guy was just autistic.

I think that was a mistake..

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
That Biden moment was hardly comparable to Trump's. Why is everyone giving the bully a pass?

And then there's this: Bush II arrogantly asking a blind reporter if he's going to ask a question with shades on?' He did apologize later.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Looks like mocking to me and he did a great job, that was a perfect impression of a man with a disability.

Trump probably got 100,000 votes with that performance.

edit on 14-9-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
That is seriously desperate, I take it you are aware of the mans condition and you have seen the clip of Trump in question? Although Trump alleges to have been unaware of the fact the journalist in question has a serious neurological condition it's fairly hard to say he isn't trying to in some way imitate it.

The fact that a pro Trump site says otherwise is hardly vindication now is it?

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

That's it? Lol

I'm no fan of Biden but that was literally nothing worth even mentioning.

I don't think Trump's impression was either, though. I make the same kind of impressions of anybody I'm making fun of or trying to portray as an imbecile. Regardless of whether they have a condition or not.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

That's it? Lol

I don't think Trump's impression was either, though. I make the same kind of impressions of anybody I'm making fun of or trying to portray as an imbecile. Regardless of whether they have a condition or not.

It's not very presidential though.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

You took one side of the story as truth, while dismissing Trump's side altogether. That's the fact of the matter.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Trumps impression was spot on. Do you guys think the show The Big Bang Threory is full of bullies? Their impersonation of Strven Hawkins is also spot on.

I hope someone does a an impersonation of HR(C) and her severe neurological problem. I would LOL if someone makes a YouTube video, where they freeze up and then their crew throw them into a car like a side of beef.

What isn't funny, that there is a large number people who are really thinking about voting for someone with a serve neurological problem for president. That the Democratic leadership knows that she is jacked up and they still push her for president.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Ann Coulter told us weeks ago Trump was just doing his "standard retard."

That makes it all better ... particularly now if some Catholic group has noted it's okay to mock the disabled, as long as you can only do a few "impressions."

I really can't believe this crap at times.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

That's it? Lol

It's not very presidential though.

Trump is to Presidential as ground slug is to soaring eagle.

Note that he says 'you gotta see this guy' and later claimed never to have met him. Kovaleski said that they had worked together years before and Trump knew him on a first name basis. So Trump had to make up another lie to try to calm down the results of his disgusting imitation of a disabled person.

I'm hoping one of these days the Trump biographer's writing about how Trump tried to shove a classmate out a second floor window at the military academy he attended (attempted murder) comes out farther into the open.

Or that Biff from Back to the Future was modeled on Trump?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join