It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone has a Twin in an Alternate Reality

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Have you ever wondered if there ever was another you living life in an alternate reality. In that alternate reality there maybe slight differences or even drastic differences. You could be married with kids in one and single in another. Your parents of course will remain the same but you may not have a sibling in one but you do in another. You could have been born in a 3rd world country in one or a fully developed one in another. Parents could have came from a privileged background in one reality or a poor one in another. If you have never wondered I hope I've given you an open mind to think of the possibilitys.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I hope that there are infinite alt. realities of my life. I hope that in every single one of them, my papa is still alive
and other mes gets to spend more time with him because 25 years just isn't enough man.

-Alee

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
If there is another reality (or multiple realities) with pretty much identical versions of myself, then why am I only living in this one? Why it is only in this reality that I am apparently looking out my eyeballs and seeing the universe from this limited perspective? What makes this one so special?

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Crunky

Have you ever wondered if there ever was another you living life in an alternate reality.

Maybe those are your hopes and dreams that you aspire to?

As far as me, myself and I? All one person, right here and now.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I don't believe that we have a 'twin' in an alternate reality. There are so many variables with parents/ancestors , free will. I think it would be next to impossible.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Why stop with just an "alternate reality"? Why not the near dozen or endless number that are being talked about in theoretical circles?

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I do not believe this. The multiverse is a sci-fi fantasy that has neen embraced by the scientific community only because the probability of our universe existing is flabbergasting. It is all false. No proof has ever been found. Nothing even close. It's just a fantasy

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I came from from a world that was populated entirely by me.

We/me decided we should share our me with everyone else. So here I am. Are you enjoying your me as much as we hope you will.?

Please don't break me, there is only so much we to go around.

Weeeeeeeeee

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
The slight differences depend upon the outcome of choices made throughout each day.

If the choice results in a good decision you spirit swaps places with a grumpy version of yourself.

If the choice made hurts other peoples feelings, then your spirit will swap meat-suits in an alternate reality where the outcome to your decision comes back and bites you badly.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Does mine have a goate and do evil things?

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I HOPE he is doing BETTER than I.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Toolman18

I do not believe this. The multiverse is a sci-fi fantasy that has neen embraced by the scientific community only because the probability of our universe existing is flabbergasting. It is all false. No proof has ever been found. Nothing even close. It's just a fantasy

Actually, it's not. The Many Worlds Theory postulated by a physicist, Hugh Everett, is a serious theory backed up by mathematics. It sounds preposterous, but as Everett said, "you have to follow where the math leads." He was drummed from the profession not because his fellow physicist found a flaw in his logic; they just couldn't handle the implications of it. It's not "just a fantasy." It's a serious theory.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I subscribe to a theory that there are probably infinite versions of us in multiple realities, inhabited by a single soul. Strange I know, but I believe our souls can comprehend more than just one reality.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

help me out here ....if in this life i was part of a set of twins, one of which died at birth, does that mean there are now only 3 of us or did the dead one in the other reality transcend to a 3rd reality and could now be an old man, could very well be my father.

as you seem to be more clue'ed up on this, can u do the math for me.

1+ ! > 2.0000001

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
There's a theory that THIS universe is infinite. (Based on the fact that light has only been a thing for about 14 Billion years and thus our observable boundary reflects the age of the universe, rather than it's size.
If that is true then there are an infinite number of versions of us all in THIS reality.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

That would suggest infinite possibilies..

That have already proved invalid..

Because if that was true, there would have been infinite civilizations that have made a weapon that would destroy all other universes.. and worlds that have tech that would have devolved a weapon that would destroy us.. or just devolved a machine that could appear near earth and paint it orange.. and so on

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

What if happiness is not unlimited, what if happiness is a currency being fought over in these 2 realities? where both realities' individuals cannot be happy at the same time.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: Toolman18

Actually, it's not. The Many Worlds Theory postulated by a physicist, Hugh Everett, is a serious theory backed up by mathematics. It sounds preposterous, but as Everett said, "you have to follow where the math leads." He was drummed from the profession not because his fellow physicist found a flaw in his logic; they just couldn't handle the implications of it. It's not "just a fantasy." It's a serious theory.

I think the many worlds theory is a thought experiment like Einstein used when he imagined himself riding on a light beam.
Imagine a place where "time is space" and you are an alien trying to determine the true position of a star for the journey home. You would need as much Parallax as you could muster and some kind of relative time flight to reduce the scintillation. Now try explaining this to a five year old.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

right here and now.

A little Stephen King thrown in there? Loved that book by the way. I'd like to see him and Straub collaborate on another.

I mean other than "Black House".
edit on 14-9-2016 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
What if when you dream, you are experiencing alternative realities?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join