It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heart found next to gas station likely human, coroner says

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
www.foxnews.com...

Huron County Coroner Jeff Harwood said Tuesday pathologists in Toledo are running tests to confirm whether it's human and whether fluid found in the two quart zipped bag is some type of preservative.

The heart was found Aug. 25 in Norwalk by an ambulance crew that had parked at the gas station. Police and Harwood were called to the scene where Harwood placed it in a cooler for delivery to Toledo.

Harwood says it appears to be a preserved specimen with "anomalies" likely present at birth. He says the origin of the heart is a mystery along with why someone left it next to the gas station.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------
Very strange story. How in the world did a heart end up there? I hope they find out who it belonged to. I can't imagine why anyone would keep it. The only theory I can come up with is a possible serial killers trophy. Weird.

What the heck? They found this thing on Aug. 25 and still have no answers? What sort of forensic team are they using? That's just crazy.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: savemebarry

I wanted to come up with a really cool reply but I really don't have the heart.

Student prank?

You know medical folk do have a warped sense of humour at times.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Mobius8

I thought the same.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I remember a case in Allentown, PA some years ago where half of a human brain was found in the sewer treatment plant.

Weird stuff happens, I guess.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

I think that it was mine.

I've been called heartless.

Oh, Ohio, oh, no, sorry, not mine.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

When we were young and went to school, there were jars of pickled organs and embryos and stuff. Do schools still do that?

Maybe its a hi school prank.

What school did you go to?

Sounds all a little bit creepy with jars of embryos and the like. But, it sounds much more interesting than mine, where the nearest we got close to anything like that was the dissection of a frog, in biology.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Give it to Hillary. Probably better than the one she doesn't have now.

What do you mean give it to Hillary? It was probably hers to begin with. The "anomalies" part was referring to how it was all blackened and withered and three sizes too small ...

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

When we were young and went to school, there were jars of pickled organs and embryos and stuff. Do schools still do that?

Sounds all a little bit creepy with jars of embryos and the like. But, it sounds much more interesting than mine, where the nearest we got close to anything like that was the dissection of a frog, in biology.

The public High School that I attended had a cabinet in the science room with various oddities in jars. I contributed (6) unborn copperhead snakes in a jar and embryonic deer twins. There was a jar with embryonic pigs and one with a calf.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
a reply to: FamCore

If someone was waiting on that heart looks like a bad day for them. Maybe it was Hillary

It is a defective heart so rule that out.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Same here, the science lab had a lot of organs in jars. Same thing with many colleges, the one I went to had cadavers and lots and lots of body parts in buckets.

Bizarre story.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
i cant put my finger on this. i am about 15 minutes away from norwalk. there is not much there. especially not in the way of medical facility type #.
the biggest thing there is norwalk racetrack. there used to be a foundry there but they closed long ago.

it is not a ghost town...just a small place. a place where not much happens.
if you live in norwalk, unless you work at the feed store you work in a different city.,

its a john deer tractor, farming kind of place.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
My first thought was a serial killer...because Ohio has had its fair share of them ........but then my second thought was .....because the heart has anomalies and is preserved, I'm thinking science- medical class ..... Maybe someone who delivers donated body parts for science , left it behind? . .... And then the third option could be some kind of warning sign from local gangsters or mafia , but that option grasping at thin air..... Does the gas station have cameras ? Everyone has cameras in gas stations nowadays ....

some kind of near by science class specimen seems the most likely of these situations.

as for the mafia....bwuahahahahahah
no mafia there unless its the corn fed tractor driving mafia type.

things happen though.

about 15 years ago my ex mother in law bought a used dodge ram from the local dealer here. huge dealer. probably have 1000 cars on the lot. she brought it home and i was going through it and found a human jaw bone under seat. called the cops and # got sealed off fast. forensics came to collect. it was pretty wild

dont know what ever became of it though.

im going to say pigs heart

it is a norman bates/ed gein kinda place. maybe not that bad but it is pretty much not much
edit on 14-9-2016 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

We did that too. First we used killing jars to kill them, if you can believe that. For real though, biology class had this shelf of jars of preserved... umm, meat. I remember the two headed snake in one, the piglet fetus and others.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join