It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Mexico building wall to slow immigration

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
you are just being obtuse.

So by your logic the US doesnt deport illegals. Problem solved.

Obtuse how? The US government does deport illegals. If an illegal is robbed or killed by a US citizen then that isn't the US robbing or killing them.

You were one? You were an immigrant in Mexico trying to stay there?

And you felt welcome and well recieved?

Or did ya feel like you were not going to get very far there....?

I did stay there and I didn't feel that I was in any more danger of being robbed or killed than any other person there.

Also, there is a big difference between being welcome and being killed. I was actually robbed on the south side of Chicago, despite being there legally. It would be incorrect to say that the US robbed me. That actually makes no sense.

Also, ATS is not hosting your replies.

?

So what I said was not wrong. Ok.

No, it's wrong because a mexican citizen robbing or killing an immigrant is not "mexico" doing that anymore than it is the "US" doing it in my statement above.
edit on 16-9-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

somehow, lol, I doubt you were working for and trying to pay your rent in pesos.

I lived and worked there. I had a VERY hard time since I didnt have working papers. Yes, I worked illegally in Mexico. Its complete BS that they just let you work because you and they are cool. Thats not true AT ALL.

I also, somehow, doubt that with your perfect english that your experience was similar to say an ecuadorian, peruvian, or other such nationality migrating to Mexico. Its common knowledge that every time a cop says hello to them on their way to the US that they dish out 500 pesos AT LEAST. God forbid they dont have it. They go to jail, or die. Dont even

Its worse if they get caught with fake working papers or ID, if they dont give up the shady ass criminals that sold them those they get beaten and worse until they do.....

I had to pay 500 pesos to a cop asking me why I was waiting tables in a non tourist area....

My wife got threatening phone calls like thousands of people get over there. Her brother in law had too much money to not get a petty kidnapper fishing for a quick buck....

BTW, Her brother was tortured in a Mexican jail for getting drunk next to where a homicide hapened. Thank God he was a poor Mexican, cant imagine mercy being shown to a Peruvian in a similar situation. I am talking blow torches to his body torture.

I could go on. But I think you get the point. I dont lie. What I said I base off MY experiences and those of people I spoke to directly OR know closely.

MEXICO HATES ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.

One more tit bit, my wife brought my son to a free hospital in Mexico once, the nurses let a child with God knows what to blister in the sun with his mother outside while they attended everyone with proper ID. The lady ended up getting her hair pulled and kicked out into the street by poor Mexican ladies who didnt like the fact that her kid may get taken care of before theirs.

Illiterate campesinos....do you know the type or do they not have those in the tourist area or major metropolitan area you were at "for a bit"?

Maybe the junior narcos or petty pandillas who rob public buses in broad daylight around the corner of your house were native to MY BLOCK only. Or the ones who kidnap kids and send body parts to parents who dont pay the ransom, they must only be from the part of Mexico I was at..

Then again, I was actually living in Mexico and not just passing through for a bit.

edit on 9 16 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   

somehow, lol, I doubt you were working for and trying to pay your rent in pesos.

I lived and worked there. I had a VERY hard time since I didnt have working papers. Yes, I worked illegally in Mexico. Its complete BS that they just let you work because you and they are cool.

Never said that it was easy. I said that I didn't feel like I was in more danger, than the average citizen, of being robbed or killed.

I also, somehow, doubt that with your perfect english that your experience was similar to say an equadorian, peruvian, or other such nationality migrating to Mexico. Its common knowledge that every time a cop says hello to them on their way to the US that they dish out 500 pesos AT LEAST. God forbid they dont have it. They go to jail, or die. Dont even

Its worse if they get caught with fake working papers or ID, if they dont give up the shady ass criminals that sold them those they get beaten and worse until they do.....

I had to pay 500 pesos to a cop asking me why I was waiting tables in a non tourist area....

My wife got threatning phone calls like thousands of people get over there. Her brother was tortured in a Mexican jail for getting drunk next to where a homicide hapened. Thank God he was a poor Mexican, cant imagine mercy being shown to a Peruvian in a similar situation. I am talking blow torches to his body torture.

I could go on. But I think you get the point. I dont lie. What I said I base off MY experiences and those of people I spoke to directly.

None of that makes your claim that "Mexico" does these things true. These things happen in mexico. There is a difference.

MEXICO HATES ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.

One more tit bit, my wife brought my son to a free hospital in Mexico once, the nurses let a child with God knows what to blister in the sun with his mother outside while they attended everyone with proper ID. The lady ended up getting her hair pulled and kicked out into the street my poor Mexican ladies who didnt like the fact that her kid may get taken care of before them.

Illiterate campesinos....do you know the type or do they not have those in the tourist area or major metropolitan area you were at "for a bit"?

Maybe the petty narcos who rob public buses in broad daylight around the corner of your house were native to MY BLOCK only. Or the ones who kidnap kids and send body parts to parents who dont pay the ransom, they must only be from the part of Mexico I was at..

Then again, I was actually living in Mexico and not just passing through for a bit.

I get the feeling that you are the one being obtuse. You are now talking about mexican criminals targeting mexicans. All that crime isn't aimed specifically at illegals. What was you original point?

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Look I dont have time to rewrite reality with you. Its not even a secret to Mexicans. Here are some links I pulled out of my ass from a 2 second google search from Mexican press.

Its actually a big issue there. Like I cant believe you are trying to say otherwise "big"

www.animalpolitico.com...< br />
www.proceso.com.mx...

blogs.lavanguardia.com...

prezi.com...

mundo.sputniknews.com...

www.jornada.unam.mx...

suracapulco.mx...

I assume you can either read spanish or can google translate.

All of south America is filled with horror stories of getting across Mexico saying exactly what I am telling you.

But you knew that. This is all American BS on your part playing into our political dynamic here of future democratic votes.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

It's not a secret to most latin americans, of which I am one. The difference is that I'm placing blame on the individuals involved in these criminal activities against immigrants while you are blaming an entire country.

Me being robbed by a couple of thugs in the US doesn't mean that the "US" robbed me. To say so would be just as inaccurate as your original statement.

ETA: Your edit was funny. Especially the part about it being american BS on my part since I am guatemalan.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Yet it is institutional. Can you prove otherwise?

I have proved my case in 5 seconds with a plethora of Mexican press saying that all federal , local and regional authorities there have been engaged in violent anti immigration efforts that know no bounds.

You say your time in chicago was bad. I bet.

Big deal though. Chicago aint freaking mexico and it has nothing to do with the fact that Mexico hates illegal immigrants.

All you have to say doesnt negate that fact.

EDIT TO ADD:
Guatemanteco con engles perfecto. Seras niño rico, because english like that isnt learned in public schools. Hell, spanish of simmilar caliber isnt. So tell me again how you know the struggle of what these people go through.

Did you eat penuts with an in flight movie or did you drink hot water from a spray painted water jug in the desert?

You dealt with the curcumstances we are talking about?

You migrated through Mexico? TO MEXICO?

No, you didnt.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Yet it is inatitutional. Can you prove otherwise?

I don't have to prove otherwise for your original statement to be an over-generalization.

If we apply the same lumping and leap of logic that you did in your original post, the US wouldn't be much different, which would make the idea of the thread, mexico being hypocritical, a moot point.

ETA: Funny edit again. I grew up in the US. Spent my time in mexico chasing after a mexican girl but wasn't a US citizen and didn't have mexican papers. For all practical purposes I was a guatemalan immigrant.

The amount of struggle is now the strawman you are left trying to beat down to prove your point but your point seems to have gone from saying that "mexico robs and kills immigrants" to "mexico is a dangerous place". In both instances it's the criminal element, in gang tattoos or police uniforms, that are guilty and not some government policy put into effect. The mordidas you mentioned earlier are actually a lower hurdle than the process in place to get into the US legally.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   

I have proved my case in 5 seconds with a plethora of Mexican press saying that all federal , local and regional authorities there have been engaged in violent anti immigration efforts that know no bounds.

I could find a plethora of American press saying that hillary is an upstanding citizen does that make her one ?

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

You couldnt find a plethora of people across the board to say the same.

Mexico KNOWS, doesnt hide the fact that it treats its illegal immigrants poorly

Its like you are calling them all liars. Every one that has been raped, robbed or killed. They are all liars. They have a grand old time in Mexico. Hooray.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   

so listen American romeo.....the subject is not about an American passport holding young guy on a romatic vacation.

Its about PEOPLE WHO IMMIGRATE to Mexico illegally to work, buy property and live. They cant do that. Cops rob them, the citizenry hates them, and the system is barred to them.

Big freaking difference. Try crossing the border without that blue passport and see what happens Romeo Guatemanteco....

Te ven el elote en la cara en la frontera y te sacan la mierda. Si no los coyotes la federal....la lana, la mierda o la vida.

Translation:
If they see your ethnicity on the border (not knowing he is a certified gringo to them), they will run your isht. If not the coyotes then the federalis....Your isht, your money or your life

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   

so listen Amerixan romeo.....the subject is not about an American passport holding young guy on a romatic vacation.

Guess you missed the part where I said that I am not a US citizen, never have been, so I did not have an american passport.

Its about PEOPLE WHO IMMIGRATE to Mexico illegally to work, buy property and live. They cant do that. Cops rob them, the citizenry hates them, and the system is barred to them.

Sure they can. You just have to find a way. Not much different than the US and that comparison is what the thread is about.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   

I am not really sure what is your point ?...i simply pointed out just because you could spend 5 seconds finding stuff to corroborate your bias does not make it true or even real....that is why i used Hillary as an example.....i have no horse in this race .......

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   

oh how easy. Sure they can. Great! Systemic problem solved.

Also, why the hell havent you applied for your papers? Too busy? Not that important?

You found a way that is less than honest and up to par with your abilities and want everyone to do the same? Justify your steps....?

EDIT TO ADD:
No, thats BS. They cant. They either lie about their ethnicity and pretend to be Mexican or they get the F out. No one makes it in Mexico comfortably as an illegal immigrant. Thats is complete BS.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Basically ALL of south america is pissed at Mexico for the way they treat illegals. Mexican citizens are now saying its too heavy handed. And here comes a revisionist to pretend its all fine and dandy.

I am sorry if I thought you were also rewriting reality....but this is absurd.

Mexico hates illegal immigrants. Its no secret.

Its not a conspiracy.

Its not an opinion.

Its an institutionalized, ingrained fact.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Its cool man....i normally try and understand where people are coming from ...unless i am drunk and belligerent.....i am not drunk yet so still trying to comprehend what is being talked about....

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   

What does how they treat illegals have to do with anything?

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   

oh how easy. Sure they can. Great! Systemic problem solved.

Well, your original post was about immigrants passing through so working, buying property and being accepted is not even an issue. Who said anything about it being comfortable? Setting up another strawman?

Also, why the hell havent you applied for your papers? Too busy? Not that important?

You found a way that is less than honest and up to par with your abilities and want everyone to do the same? Justify your steps....?

My steps are not the subject of the thread. I spent time in the US legally and then moved back to Guatemala. I don't see how that has any bearing on the thread.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Basically ALL of south america is pissed at Mexico for the way they treat illegals. Mexican citizens are now saying its too heavy handed. And here comes a revisionist to pretend its all fine and dandy.

Nobody said it was fine and dandy. Everyone south of mexico and probably everyone from asia and africa using mexico as a back door to the US know that it is a rough patch but I called you out on your hyperbole and then you offered some facts about regular old crime and plain old discrimination as if that doesn't also happen in the US. That is where the premise of the thread falls apart.

Not my fault if that is something you have a hard time seeing.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   

mexico has some terrible poverty, areas of lawlessness and corruption, cartels, kidnappings, horrific crime etc etc no wonder why so many people want to escape and unfortunately come here illegally. if mexico could get rid of the cartels and corruption that would solve half the problem.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

True but the thread is about immigrants from other countries coming through mexico and US citizens calling out Mexico for wanting to "slow immigration" (it's in the title) as hypocrisy while ignoring that it is actually a US backed agenda called The Merida Initiative which pretty much nullifies the complaints.

new topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join