It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bayer confirms $66bn Monsanto takeover

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Zyklon B and Agent Orange, together at last.

Marry Christmas to all of us!

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Monsanto GMO seeds? That's the usual practice:

Critics of the seed technology patents, such as the Center for Food Safety as well as more widely-known entities such as Vanity Fair, contend the seed patents financially hurt farmers—both big and small—because the farmers must purchase new seed every year and cannot save the seed from the previous growing season. Other critics say Monsanto is being unethical by patenting its technology, as you should not be able to patent a natural product.

Baucum disagrees.

“With the application of this science, we are now able to reduce pesticide use, we’re going to be able to reduce the necessity for irrigation or rain for our drought-tolerant products, and we’re going to be able to reduce the need for certain fertilizers like nitrogen by enabling these plants to do more with less in the future.” Baucum said

Why Does Monsanto Patent Seeds? Part 1

No hearsay at all.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

I know the practice, the question for me was, are they already present in Germany. Because I was of the opinion they are not allowed/aproofed in Europe. At least that´s what I expect them to be, with all the EU overruling everything mambo jambo.. Have to check that...

...oh it seems they are all in bed with GM, "to safe the world".
edit on 14-9-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Correct. You can grow some GMO crops in the EU, not all of them.

Applicants can apply for GMO authorisations by submitting a dossier with experimental data and a risk assessment.

ec.europa.eu...

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Hi there, Verschickter xD

I am happy you did a thread about this.
Isn´t it absurd?
Ok, IG Farben...sorry, i meant Bayer, the inventor of the worldwide well known heroin was afraid to be taken over by Monsanto, as we are told.

But who is shareholder of Bayer shares?
It´s Blackrock with 7%(Blackrocks holds 3,92% of Monsanto...), Capital Research Global Investors is shareholder of Bayer and Monsanto with 2,90%, Sun Life Financial Inc. from Canada. Shareholders of Sun Life Financial Inc are:
State Street Corporation, Vanguard Group, Fidelity and Blackrock.
Blackrock almost can decide alone about what happens with IG Farben... sorry again, Bayer

It`s funny how the public reacted in germany, everybody thinks that this is suicide for Bayer.
Nobody in europe wants Roundup sh*t on his food, everybody hates genfood here. And really the whole world hates Monsanto. So not good for the reputation of Bayer.

But that´s how it is if gangsters like Blackrock decide for your corporation.
Viva la Globalization

If all that was mentioned before: I just read the headline and had to write without reading the comments. Had to write what i was thinking about the whole day

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
This is why we need massive coordinated boycotts and imo it's the only possible way to change things short term.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter
Are you a mindreader? I was on the task looking for the shareholders but before I could start I got distracted.
So I´m glad you showed up

DerBeobachter
But who is shareholder of Bayer shares? It´s Blackrock with 7%(Blackrocks holds 3,92% of Monsanto...), Capital Research Global Investors is shareholder of Bayer and Monsanto with 2,90%, Sun Life Financial Inc. from Canada. Shareholders of Sun Life Financial Inc are: State Street Corporation, Vanguard Group, Fidelity and Blackrock. Blackrock almost can decide alone about what happens with IG Farben... sorry again, Bayer

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Shame that they actually went through with-referring to the plans earlier in the year. They are slated to be the most hated in Germany anyway. Even TWC knew better than to do similar with Comcast, of course, a smaller entity on the scale of things.
edit on 14-9-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

True. Monsanto sells seeds that are genetically modified to require an "activator" gene or mixture (someone else, I'm sure, is more knowledgeable in this area) and I believe they change the formula every year or so. It protects their patented property, awful.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

But that´s how it is if gangsters like Blackrock decide for your corporation.
Viva la Globalization

Curiosity begs the question... Who owns Blackrock and what other unheard of companies have I been ignorant about?

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
So, the company that produced the gas (Zyklon-B) that killed millions, will now control the seeds that produce up to 80% of the world's food supply.

Nothing to worried about there.

Stop the train, I want to get off ...

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

What is funny about this is that Monsanto and Bayer have never been "separate" when it comes to the collective evil that has dominated this world for so long... people seem to forget about their joint venture back in the 50's called MOBAY.

Hard to find info on MOBAY but they worked on spreading polyurethanes in USA

Nice history found in that article about Monsatan and CO, a true representation of the dark elite running the show in the background.

We can only pray the good people of Europe fight stronger than the guinea pigs here in America!
edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago09America/Chicago930pmWednesday8 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
One Less evil. One large Company. In the end Bayer is probably going to be an even worst Monsanto. Monsanto is already dying. Look at how much brands they have..

www.monsanto.com...

www.nytimes.com...
edit on 14-9-2016 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Hey wait, I saw this episode before. One huge company that cares for nothing but profit buys another huge company that cares for nobody at all . . . and they both proceed to screw everyone as one. And then everyone they nut & bolted smiles and asks for more.

Yeah, I didn't like the first telling of the story either.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Um! think on this....
What if the germans did it to Stop GMO?
they own it now. maybe this is the only way to stop them.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Bayer the biggest buyer, eh?

Sounds like a match made in "heaven"!
edit on 15-9-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

What will happen now....or what is happening....

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

They're called "terminator seeds"; you plant them, they grow, and the plants then by design produce sterile seeds, forcing the farmers to purchase again the next growing season. One of the many "benefits" of being allowed to patent biological products.

Now imagine an apocalyptic scenario where terminator seeds undergo natural wind or insect-born cross-pollination with neighbouring heirloom crops, creating terminator offspring and wrecking the world's food supply. Food for thought.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: eldemie
In my opinion it will definitly lay groundwork for further GM seed usage in Europe. They may be more scrutinized due to our strict laws but we´ve seen how that went well with Volkswagen...

a reply to: Orwells Ghost
the question was if they are used already in Europe, PublicOpinion answered that.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I know how they work, thank you for the summary, I appreciate it

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
SPAM removed by admin
edit on Sep 16th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join