It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Powell Leak: Benghazi a 'Witch Hunt' and Trump 'National Disgrace'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

No surprise really. Powell's always been Black first, Democrat second, American third and Republican, not much.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
This thread was about the leak of Colin Powell's emails

Is it now?
I do believe I sense a bit of a narrative with a healthy portion of cherry picked information...

Trump is a "national disgrace" and "international pariah"

Birther moverment racist

Benghazi a stupid "witch hunt," Rice agrees

Why mention Benghazi last if it is supposed to be the MAIN subject of the thread?
The title should read.
"Powell Leak; Trump disgrace, birther movement racist, and some Benghazi stuff."
You have officially resorted to MSM tactics to force your false narrative on people!
Whats the term?
"Click bait"

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
Colin Powell. The guy that lied to the UN and the world, leading to the invasion of Iraq, which resulted in the deaths of over a million Iraqi civilians and the installation of a US backed puppet government.

If the Russians are interfering in this election, at least they aren't killing a million people to bring about regime change.

Really? The Russians don't kill people to bring about regime change? When did that start happening then? Ummm, Georgia, Chechnya, Ukraine and in slightly older regimes the rest of the Soviet Union weren't established over a cup of tea and biscuits now were they?

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

EDIT:

Original post deleted. To hell with playing your game troll. I'm not explaining something that would be obvious to a sane person who wasn't trying to derail a thread. There was no real forethought given to the order of the 3 items. I didn't claim anyone of them was the "main" anything. Titles can only be so long.

Yadda yadda go take your meds or whatever it is you need to do. Not my problem.

Stop trying to derail my thread with this irrational personal attack.
edit on 2016-9-14 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Colin Powell. The guy that lied to the UN and the world, leading to the invasion of Iraq, which resulted in the deaths of over a million Iraqi civilians and the installation of a US backed puppet government.

You are conveniently forgetting that General Powell himself was lied to. His presentation to the UN was sincere, unlike, say, Putin's posturing about ethnic Russians in Ukraine.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Former Secretary of State Colin Powell called the events surrounding and following the attack on the American diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya, “a stupid witch hunt,” saying that fault partially lies with the US ambassador who was killed in the attack, according to personal emails seen by BuzzFeed News.

“Benghazi is a stupid witch hunt. Basic fault falls on a courageous ambassador who thoughts Libyans now love me and I am ok in this very vulnerable place,” Powell wrote in a December 2015 email exchange with former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice about US Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens, who died in the 2012 incident.

“But blame also rests on his leaders and supports back here. Pat Kennedy, Intel community, DS and yes HRC” — the last acronym short for Hillary Clinton, added Powell, who served under former President George W. Bush. “Completely agree,” Rice responds, adding, “Let me know when you’re in town and we’ll have that glass of wine (or two).”

Any reasonable person would conclude that the events in Benghazi were beyond Clinton's control. There was a limited amount of information with which to make decisions in a crisis situation. Was the mob spontaneous or an organized attack? If it was an attack, was it an attack on the diplomatic compound or a feint to draw the CIA agents out of their safe house? Powell understands all his.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Sounds totally fake to me.

Or the guy is an idiot.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
a reply to: DJW001

Sounds totally fake to me.

Or the guy is an idiot.

Yes, what does a four star general and former Secretary of State know about military tactics and diplomatic security?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join