It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Powell Leak: Benghazi a 'Witch Hunt' and Trump 'National Disgrace'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
In case you're new to this latest email leak, I'll start with a few bullet points to catch you up and then delve into a few of the items from the leak including those in the title.

- Colin Powell's emails were obtained by a hacker and released by the website DCLeaks.com

- It's being reported by the WSJ, TSG and others that the website has ties to the Guccifer 2.0 wordpress site and that both have ties to Russian intelligence.

- The sites Buzzfeed and The Intercept were the first to be shown the emails and report on them.

- Colin Powell has confirmed the authenticity of the emails

The content is password protected on DCleaks.com and I haven't found any of the emails available to be viewed online in their entirety (The Intercept has a few bits but none related to the below) so we're relying on excerpts which bothers me. In fact, the entire thing bothers me. Foreigners shouldn't be influencing our elections, least of all the Russians. That said the proverbial cat is out of the bag now.

Different media sources are reporting different pieces. It looks like The Intercept's reporting is already being discussed so I'll start with Buzzfeed:

Trump is a "national disgrace" and "international pariah"

Former Secretary of State Colin Powell, a retired four-star general who served under three Republican presidents, slammed GOP nominee Donald Trump as “a national disgrace” and an “international pariah,” according to his personal emails seen by BuzzFeed News. The remarks came in a June 17, 2016, email to Emily Miller, a journalist who was once Powell’s aide. In that same email Powell also said Trump “is in the process of destroying himself, no need for Dems to attack him. [Speaker of the House] Paul Ryan is calibrating his position again.”

Birther moverment racist

In an Aug. 21 email from Powell to Miller, he blasted Trump for embarking on a “racist” movement that believes President Obama was not born in the US.

“Yup, the whole birther movement was racist,” Powell wrote. “That’s what the 99% believe. When Trump couldn’t keep that up he said he also wanted to see if the certificate noted that he was a Muslim.”

The next part comes from a second Buzzfeed article:

Benghazi a stupid "witch hunt," Rice agrees

Former Secretary of State Colin Powell called the events surrounding and following the attack on the American diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya, “a stupid witch hunt,” saying that fault partially lies with the US ambassador who was killed in the attack, according to personal emails seen by BuzzFeed News.

“Benghazi is a stupid witch hunt. Basic fault falls on a courageous ambassador who thoughts Libyans now love me and I am ok in this very vulnerable place,” Powell wrote in a December 2015 email exchange with former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice about US Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens, who died in the 2012 incident.

“But blame also rests on his leaders and supports back here. Pat Kennedy, Intel community, DS and yes HRC” — the last acronym short for Hillary Clinton, added Powell, who served under former President George W. Bush. “Completely agree,” Rice responds, adding, “Let me know when you’re in town and we’ll have that glass of wine (or two).”

Particularly interesting is that Buzzfeed and The Intercept appear to have either coordinated their reporting of the leak so that they didn't overlap or possibly they were given access to different sets of emails?
edit on 2016-9-14 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian
Since these latest emails prove Powell is just another elite Washington insider the comments he made about Trump just give me more reason to hope Trump is an 'outsider' and vote for him.

edit on 9 14 2016 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

You have to download and decrypt the Guccifer 2.0 file.

The links i had to it have been taken down. And I'm unsure of the T&C's regarding posting them here.

I guess i could take screenshots?

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
At least HRC was mentioned as part of the whole deadly Benghazi fiasco.

A glass of wine or two, with Rice....?

Heh, heh, well ok then...

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
DNC infrastructure images from leaks:

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

If you have them, screen shots would be great. I hate having to discuss excerpts quoted in articles and framed with opinions. It automatically makes me suspicious that there's some manipulation involved and it's bad enough that the releases themselves have a noxious air of manipulation, possibly by a foreign state.

a reply to: SLAYER69

Boom chicka wah wah?

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Links to those were already floating around on Twitter as of last night. What we need for the purposes of this thread are Colin Powell emails. The impression that I'm getting is that these were released through the Guccifer 2.0 wordpress site but rather that select media outlets were given passwords to view them on the DCleaks.com website.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I have them. 600 plus MB... thats a lot of screenshots. I'll parse through them a bit and screen some of the better stuff

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
This is just a shot of the totals from 2012 and 2008. The file is DonorsByMM.xlsx from the file DonorAnalysis. Left column represents geographic location of the market, next column is 2012, and following that 2008. Pretty big figures.

**If you can find a mirror link that hasn't been taken down yet it would be easier for you guys to understand the structure of these leaks by looking through them yourselves** More screens coming. Right click and select view image for an easier viewing size.

edit on 14-9-2016 by AnonyMason because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-9-2016 by AnonyMason because: scrubbed a bit of metadata. No self DoX for me,

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Yeah that's just not the Powell emails either. That stuff is already being discussed in the Guccifer 2.0 thread. These emails came from DCLeaks.com and were apparently only shared with select media sources and not part of the archive you have.

I found two images of Powell emails. Of course they're on the pro-Russian propaganda blog Zero Hedge and it's two emails from Jeffrey Leeds that show his (Leeds's) opinion that the Clintons and Obama don't like one another.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Here: uploadfiles.io... : this is the download link

Download the free way, the file password to decrypt the .7z file is (GuCCif3r_2.0) . With brackets! For you windows users you'll have to download the 7zip extraction tool. It's free from here 7zip

I'll continue to parse through this stuff for good screens.
edit on 14-9-2016 by AnonyMason because: accidentally hid the text of this post

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This is the file contents after decrypted and extracted:

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Colin Powell. The guy that lied to the UN and the world, leading to the invasion of Iraq, which resulted in the deaths of over a million Iraqi civilians and the installation of a US backed puppet government.

If the Russians are interfering in this election, at least they aren't killing a million people to bring about regime change.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Still waiting for this guy to face his war crimes trial.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
LMAO! This is pretty funny. Here's an email from the DNC to their security company talking about one of the vulnerabilities that led to them getting hacked!!! So good. Heres the actual vuln disclosure NVD . And the e-mail:

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I appreciate your enthusiasm but you're having a completely different discussion than the topic of the thread. There's already a big DNC email leaks thread. This thread was about the leak of Colin Powell's emails which are not in any way a part of the other leak except that they were released at the same time and the speculation is that the Russian intelligence apparatus is involved in both.

edit on 2016-9-14 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
As if Gen. Colin Powel ,an OBAMA supporter, has ANY validity to us at all,maybe YOU guys like him,but I don't.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

My bad!

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

DC Leaks

The file is password protected. As far as i can tell it hasn't been released publicly but only to a few media outlets.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Wait a minute.

Powell's email was most likely hacked by Russians, right? And these emails paint Trump in a negative light.

There can be only one possible explanation...

Hillary is in working with Putin to bring down Trump!!!

Surely the mainstream media will spend the next week investigating any possible connections between Putin and Hillary, instead of focusing on the content of these emails.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join