It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cynthia , Flesh Eating Synthetic Bacteria That Has Gone Wild .

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
While you call for more facts I'd say we have a solid conspiracy at hand by now.

Sorry, I don't see a conspiracy regarding a 'man-made-oil-eating-bacteria' that doesn't seem to have an origin in any lab. I have tried to find a link with Cynthia but it doesn't seem to exist, and I am not the type who believes stuff without good evidence.

Vibrio vulnificus love warm waters and before those eight known cases, Florida had early season heat. That's probably the reason why it suddenly started affecting swimmers. Perhaps global warming is going to make those cases increase?

Flesh-Eating Bacteria Kills Two in Florida as Water Temperatures Rise

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

You can check this link www.curezone.org... that was provided from another member . It has a ton inside it and may contain the links you want .

Thank you. I don't have time to read all that now, but I'll come back to it.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1
Thanks for the thread!

I've been hearing rumors about this since shortly after the clean-up began. Apparently there are forces that don't want the public to know that the "Clean-Up" results are going to be far worse than the spill itself. I know for a fact that at least three biologists who tried to call attention to this were summarily fired.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

I tried to google search but the only hit was to the link I posted . Did a bing search and found this

First Minimal Synthetic Bacterial Cell Designed and Constructed by Scientists at Venter Institute and Synthetic Genomics, Inc. Cell, JCVI-syn3.0, was minimized to just 473 genes (LA JOLLA, CA)—March 24, 2016—Researchers from the J. Craig Venter Institute (JCVI) and Synthetic Genomics, Inc. (SGI) announced today the design and construction of the first minimal synthetic bacterial cell, JCVI-syn3.0. Using the first synthetic cell, Mycoplasma mycoides JCVI-syn1.0 (created by this same team in 2010), JCVI-syn3.0 was developed through a design, build, and test process using genes from JCVI-syn1.0. The new minimal synthetic cell contains 531,560 base pairs and just 473 genes, making it the smallest genome of any organism that can be grown in laboratory media. Of these genes 149 are of unknown biological function. By comparison the first synthetic cell, M. mycoides JCVI-syn1.0 has 1.08 million base pairs and 901 genes. A paper describing this research is being published in the March 25th print version of the journal Science by lead authors Clyde A. Hutchison, III, Ph.D. and Ray-Yuan Chuang, Ph.D., senior author J. Craig Venter, Ph.D., and senior team of Hamilton O. Smith, MD, Daniel G. Gibson, Ph.D., and John I. Glass, Ph.D.

www.jcvi.org... -institute-an/

They mention the same team as in 2010 which might be what is link broken in the piece . In any event it was 2010 when the spill happened and the Institute is real . There may be a bit of scrubbing going on as far as google search . Call it the mandella cleaner .

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

...has nothing to do with the OP.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Synthetic supermicrobe will be resistant to all known viruses

But we humans are so creative!!
www.newscientist.com...

it will be the greatest feat of genetic engineering by far.

A team in the US is part-way towards recoding the E. coli bacterium to work with a different genetic code from all other organisms on Earth. That means making more than 62,000 changes to its genome.

“We take on projects other groups say are impossibly expensive – or just plain impossible,” says the team leader George Church at Harvard Medical School in Boston, for whom this project is one step towards even more ambitious creations.

edit on 14-9-2016 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

SAY HELLO TO SYNTHIA

In 2003, JCVI successfully synthesized a small virus that infects bacteria. By 2008, the JCVI team was able to synthesize a small bacterial genome. On May 6, 2010, JCVI revealed they had already created a self-replicating bacterial cell controlled by a chemically synthesized genome they named “synthetic Mycoplasma mycoides JCVI-syn1.0”. (7) This completely synthetic cell with its computer designed genome has absolutely no natural DNA. (1) The etc group from Canada named it Synthia and it contains added watermark chains to identify the genome as artificial. It also has antibiotic resistance indicators. (7) One can only speculate why this artificial bacterium has an inherent programmed capability to resist antibiotics.

This new life form has the ability to replicate itself and organically function in any cell into which it has been introduced. Its DNA is artificial and it’s this synthetic DNA that takes control of the cell and is credited with being the building block of life. This is the first self-replicating synthetic bacterial cell thanks to its computer generated DNA. All of the funding for this came from Synthetic Genomics Inc (1), the company BP has a sizable equity position and alliance with. BP is definitely way beyond petroleum just as their new slogan publicizes.

Why watermark this artificial genome? Doing so makes it identifiable as the unique and patented (privately owned) asset it is. What happens if a human becomes infected with a life-threatening variant bacterial species of Synthia? If you use Penicillin to fight the infection, it won’t do any good. Antibiotic resistance is part of its DNA sequence, so any use of antibiotics would be a waste of time.

worldvisionportal.org...

This part makes me think of Morgellons disease.

What would happen if mankind is contaminated by this self-reproducing artificial life form by contact or by breathing it? Would we become subjective to the DNA of the synthetic cells flowing throughout our bodies? Would the Synthia cells combine with other bacterium within us to create a new deadly bacterium? Since the micro-organism is created and gets its programming from computers, would we become subject to artificial electro-magnetic frequencies recognized by these genomes? There are a lot of questions that need to yet be answered. What matters most is this: Will we find out those answers in time

edit on 14-9-2016 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

So it seems its not Cynthia but SYNTHIA . and that what you added is even scarier then what I had read up till now .Thanks :>( I think .

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

So it seems its not Cynthia but SYNTHIA . and that what you added is even scarier then what I had read up till now .Thanks :>( I think .

The article talks of others they have been creating since the 70's looks like they could weaponize some of these things. it makes me think of the weird huge living mat found at see in alaska, anyone remember that? The scientists (before suppression of the news) said it was alive and eating animals, it stunk really bad and was full of dead creatures from large sea animals to birds and it was in fact eating them.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Why do folks try to pin everything bad on Monsanto ? The flesh eating virus has been around far longer than the company .

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I say this:
We went to the Gulf right after the BP spill. We go every so often, and we wanted to see the damage.
I have a sensitive nose. I love smelling the fresh ocean air.
I tell you this with my hand on a Bible:
I could smell NOTHING at the Gulf. No salt air, no fishy stink, nothing. It did not even smell like fresh air. I was sincerely freaked.

Whatever the synthetic bacteria is/was, it ate up the smell of the ocean.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

It'll be interesting to keep track of them now that Monsanto has been been sold to BAYER!

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Why do folks try to pin everything bad on Monsanto ? The flesh eating virus has been around far longer than the company .

Flash eating virus is novelty. In fact there is decades long discussion if viri are living creatures at all. One of the arguments in this debate is: Everything living is somehow dependent on interchange of chemical compounds between organism and its environment. This doesn't apply for viri. Flash eating virus is contradictio in adjecto.
edit on 15-9-2016 by JanAmosComenius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

I have seen more and more reports like this one linked .

A curious thing happened in Georgia last year. After widespread media speculation in April 2013 that Georgia was housing a bio-weapons lab, namely the Richard G. Lugar Center for Public and Animal Health Research in Tbilisi, which the US had long denied existed, the newly recognised facility was visited by the Prime Minister of Georgia, the Georgian Health Minister and the US Ambassador. Hours later the Georgian government formally announced the liquidation of this Center, with no reason being given. Most countries pride themselves on their levels of scientific development, and would wear a public and animal health research centre as a badge of pride, particularly one which had been established and funded by that most prestigious of allies, the US. Therefore the sudden closure of this facility of May 2013 raises many questions about what its real purpose actually was, and what negotiations took place to first bring it to Georgia and then close it. journal-neo.org...

Just a search on NEO give you these journal-neo.org...
edit on 15-9-2016 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

They are the good guys yes according to themselves!

www.globalresearch.ca...

1901: The company is founded by John Francis Queeny, a member of the Knights of Malta, a thirty year pharmaceutical veteran married to Olga Mendez Monsanto, for which Monsanto Chemical Works is named. The company’s first product is chemical saccharin, sold to Coca-Cola as an artificial sweetener.

From their own words

Monsanto is a relatively new company. While we share the name and history of a company that was founded in 1901
www.monsanto.com...

Origins of Flesh-Eating Bacteria Uncovered

The first mutations happened sometime in the 1960s, the researchers found; the last likely occurred in or around 1983. Soon after, necrotizing fasciitis transformed into an epidemic disease.

David Morens, an epidemiologist at the National Institutes of Health, who did not participate in the study, told The Verge. “This is a pathogenic organism that evolved from something that wasn't pathogenic

www.the-scientist.com.../articleNo/39716/title/Origins-of-Flesh-Eating-Bacteria-Uncovered/
New Strain Of Flesh Eating Bacteria Spreading Worldwide

Scientists investigating the bacteria realised there had been a rise in group A streptococcus infections over an 11-year period between 1998 and 2009 that were linked to the new, more potent sub-type, named emm89.

yournewswire.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JanAmosComenius

Flash eating virus is novelty. In fact there is decades long discussion if viri are living creatures at all. One of the arguments in this debate is: Everything living is somehow dependent on interchange of chemical compounds between organism and its environment. This doesn't apply for viri. Flash eating virus is contradictio in adjecto.

I don't think the virus actually "eats" flesh

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

So far nothing links to the famous Cynthia in your OP, not even Synthia.

The OP is about a 'man made oil eating bacteria' that somehow became a human flesh eater. No post here so far has shown any evidence of that.

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
Origins of Flesh-Eating Bacteria Uncovered

This is a different type, it's not the same found in The Gulf and Florida. This study you posted only focused on one specific type of bacteria (A Streptococcus ) which has nothing to do with the one posted on this thread: Vibrio vulnificus. You can't compare the origin of one with the other. It would be like comparing lions with wolves.

edit on 15-9-2016 by Agartha because: Spelling...

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

This is a different type, it's not the same found in The Gulf and Florida. This study you posted only focused on one specific type of bacteria (A Streptococcus ) which has nothing to do with the one posted on this thread: Vibrio vulnificus. You can't compare the origin of one with the other. It would be like comparing lions with wolves.

In response to

Clearly these things are being modified.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

In response to

Ah, sorry, my bad.

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
Clearly these things are being modified.

But your article doesn't say it's been modified by man. It says there were natural mutations as the organism evolved into a pathogen.

Where does it say it's been modified by anybody and specifically Monsanto?

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

But your article doesn't say it's been modified by man. It says there were natural mutations as the organism evolved into a pathogen.

Do you believe everything your told?

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Do you make up nonsense to fit your narrative when the evidence says the opposite of what you want it to say?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join