It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien History

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: SargonThrall
a reply to: OneGoal
If you ask a religious person, they will say your same evidence points to proof of God and spirits.

What if they are one and the same ?

As you say it's a matter of interpretation.

Depends how you define evidence as to how much there is, if ignoring testimony and only allowing the physical then there is less, however there are still plenty of physical trace cases and where scientific measurements / observations were made (radar tracking for one).

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I don't think humans are inherently all that clever, though we have the ability to quickly learn advanced knowledge and run with it, when it is handed to us. The Japanese demonstrated this with a rather rapid transition from being a relatively primitive isolationist nation to an industrial and technological powerhouse.

The transition from primitive to where we are today was rather rapid in general. There are several thousand years of recorded history where not much happened, and then we went from horse & buggy to the moon in several decades. But even some of the stuff we had before the ~20th century was well beyond what I think we are inherently capable of inventing when left to our own devices. Without outside help I don't believe we would be any more advanced today than the American Indians were when Europeans arrived, or the various primitive tribes which still exist in the world today.

Note that we have never discovered a civilization that was more advanced than everyone else, but rather, always way, way behind the times. Why is that? If humans were inherently clever, shouldn't Europeans have discovered people who were both more and less advanced than they were? How did Europeans get a monopoly on clever people for the past several hundred years? No matter where they explored: the Americas, Australia, etc., they only found primitive people. Had Europeans stayed in Europe, would anyone in, e.g., the Americas, have put a man on the moon by now, or be sitting around on computers browsing the web or an equivalent? I just about imagine. They would be no more advanced than the primitive tribes which still exist in the world today. Where are their Teslas, Edisons, Einsteins, etc.? Or even their Platos or Socrates? Are they somehow less inherently clever than Europeans? I don't think so. I think their particular "gods" happened to be far less generous with the dispensing of knowledge.

Is there any culture that doesn't have ancient stories about their "gods" teaching them things? If that never happened, then why are such stories so widespread? Even the Hebrews/Jews have stories in their scriptures about Yahweh and his "angels" or "watchers" teaching them things, such as metallurgy. The Book of Enoch has stories of that nature, with the "watchers" teaching humans forbidden things. Then there are the instructions for building the Ark of the Covenant; instructions which anyone can follow today and end up with a giant electrical capacitor which could easily electrocute someone if fully charged. And according to the story, someone (Uzzah) did get killed by touching it. This is no surprise to anyone who's been jolted by a comparatively tiny capacitor on e.g., an Electrohome G07 chassis. The ancient Hebrews said that Yahweh smote Uzzah as punishment for laying hands on the Ark without authorization; I say that a sudden electrical discharge from a forty-eleven thousand farad capacitor smote him.
edit on 10/18/2016 by MaximRecoil because: typo

<< 1  2   >>

join