It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toddler Suffocates Under Bean Bag-WTH?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Toddler Suffocates Under Bean Bag as Employee Sits Unaware on Top of Him, Reportedly Reading to Kids: Cops

[email protected] (Char Adams) September 13, 2016 A Utah toddler suffocated under a bean bag last week as a child care employee sat unaware on top of him, reading to other kids, authorities confirm to PEOPLE. Police in West Jordan, Utah, responded to the West Jordan Child Center on Thursday morning and found the child unresponsive. The toddler died later at a local hospital, a police spokesman tells PEOPLE. "We have a toddler that was under a beanbag that was sat on by an adult," the spokesman says. "That adult, according to everything we've seen, did not know the child was underneath." The spokesman said it is against department policy to identify the child. However, several reports have identified the toddler as 1-year-old Leonardo Sanchez. "How could this happen? He's a big boy. How did they lose track of him?" Sanchez' mother, Danielle Sanchez, told KUTV. "Somebody dropped the ball, and now we're going to have to bury a boy because of that."

This just really sucks and is so horrible on so many levels. If every day care in the world does not get rid of bean bags immediately after this they are stupid. And how stupid do you have to be to let a one year old anywhere near one, much less not be checking underneath before you sit in the damn thing, just because it is a daycare is enough to be more diligent about where you sit and how. OMG. I am so mad I can not see straight.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

So your reply to a one in a million tragedy is to.

Ban The Bean Bag or BTBB.

You do not know the facts yet, apart from the fact that the little one sadly died.

Here is a version that I made up to illustrate the point.

Little one year old lays down and decides to sleep.

Little 4 year old sees this and thinks about being funny so he drags a bean bag over the sleeping child ... or ... four year old thought he may get stepped on so covers the little one for safety.

Teacher sits down being utterly unaware of the sleeping child.

The more correct response is to highlight the tragic case to all centres with a note to be as careful as one can be.

P

edit on 13/9/2016 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
It is a tradgey and I never want to feel what that Mother and Father are going through. BUT, banning something over one accident is going a bit far. If we did that, we'd be banning everything from cars to cigarette lighters.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Let's ban this perfectly safe item. Yep, great idea...did you want to ban trucks too? I mean, a truck killed 84/85 people.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Banning bean bag chairs won't stop irresponsible(as it seems like that's the situation-waiting for more info) people from sitting on children no matter the type of seating.

Very sad-RIP.
edit on 14-9-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
it appears that suffocation by bean bag chair is not a new phenomenon

Death Statistics Related to Bean Bag Chairs

Bean Bag Warning Labels

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

The problem here isn't the bean bag; it's the worker who wasn't paying any attention. Ban stupid daycare workers, and you'll resolve a lot more issues.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Awww, that's a tragic story, but accidents happen.

I feel sorry for the teacher. Can you imagine trying to forgive yourself for that?

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

You did not read what I wrote.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

I did not say ban them

If every day care in the world does not get rid of bean bags immediately after this they are stupid

You people always read what you want to read and ignore what was actually written.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

To get rid, to ban. There is little difference. You don't want them around which seems stupid(as reference to your own use of the word).

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

There should always be a count of where all children are at all times.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: searcherfortruth
a reply to: ksiezyc

I did not say ban them

If every day care in the world does not get rid of bean bags immediately after this they are stupid

You people always read what you want to read and ignore what was actually written.

Us people didn't look at it semantics wise because in the end it's parallels the same.

People should be more responsible. Though, very tragic accidents do happen-as mentioned before waiting for more into on the story-. Small children should not be around them unless watched.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: searcherfortruth
a reply to: pheonix358

You did not read what I wrote.

You are blaming an inanimate object for the terrible tragedy. The bean bag was not at fault. This is a tragedy of human proportions.

Bean bags do not kill people!

P

top topics

join