It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paradise vs heaven vs hell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
To whomever it concerns: Answer me honestly on these:

1. The difference between the three, is?
2. Which two of the three would be the least pleasant, in your opinion, and why come?
3. If you follow a God and/or a religion, which one of the three is the best that that God you follow (or that religion you follow) has in store for you?
4. Do you think you'll be as a slave in any of the three?

5. Just to you that believe you're going into heaven: If you entered into heaven, do you think you'll always feel threatened that you could always enter into hell?

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
3.) Well, I would have to go with Paradise if I were given the choice of the three, and I believed any one of them to be true. Everlasting torture in Hell certainly doesn't appeal to me, so that was a no right off the bat. According to the description of Heaven, it's a city of 1400 cubic miles and one would bathe in the glory of God for eternity. Well, that sounds good to me, but I would prefer to not be confined to a city however large. Concerning the Muslim Paradise, there seems to be much discrepancy in terms of what to expect. Some sites I researched claimed that no one knows for sure what kind of pleasure awaits those in Paradise as there exist "blisses that not any eye has ever seen", while other sites claim that Paradise is

“rivers of water incorruptible; rivers of milk whose taste does not change; rivers of wine, a joy to those who drink; rivers of honey pure and clear” (47:15). For food, “they will have fruits, any that they may desire” (56:20-21). They will be “reclining on raised thrones; and the shades of the Garden will come low over them; the bunches of fruits will hang low. And amongst them will be passed round vessels of silver and goblets of crystal; they will drink of a cup of wine mixed with ZanjabIl [ginger],

The 72 virgins don't sound too bad either I'm not getting any in this life!

1.) Summarized, to the best of my knowledge (someone correct me if i'm wrong) the differences are:
-Heaven - Oneness with God in a massive city, peace, end to poverty, famine, sickness..etc
-Paradise - Either a bliss that no living person knows, or a large area with pure water, food, 72 virgins, oneness with Allah, and a hierarchy based on class in the past life.
-Hell - Everlasting torture, banishment, hunger, burning in the fires of Hell, inquenchable thirst, and every other unpleasant situation you could imagine.

2.) I would say Heaven and Hell, due to confinement and torture respectively

4.) I'd definately feel like a slave in Hell for obvious reasons, and somewhat in Heaven as it is described due to confinement in a city

I could easily be wrong in my descriptions of each afterlife, and correct me if I give any bad information. I don't have much knowledge of any one of them and most of my knowledge came from researching tonight.

5.) I'm Sikh

www.biblia.com...
voi.org...
www.al-shia.com...

[edit on 21-1-2005 by zhangmaster]

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Right.
1. Well, as far as I know, paradise is what Earth was in the beginning, Heaven is the good afterlife and Hell is the bad one.
2. I don't know which is the worse out of paradise and heaven, but hell is obviously the worst out of the three. I guess paradise would be worse, because there is still the possibility of sin.
3. In Heaven life will be pure, creation perfect. You'll walk side by side with God. There'll be no reason for any temples and whatnot. The only problem I have though, is that I like "intimacy." I like the way women have much softer skin and hair. And I fear that thing's like intimacy will be thrown out when you get to Heaven, because there will be no reason to reproduce.
4. Well obviously in Hell you be a slave to your sinful desires, and the lake of fire, but I'm not sure about Paradise, I know in Heaven you'll be at least mostly free.
5. I don't think there's any threat of going to Hell because you won't have the desires to commit sinful acts.
This is a christian viewpoint, by the way.

new topics

join