It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon now running UK military’s UFO-hunting unit – reports

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Of course I started with a search and since nothing came up, here is an article of interest.

You can bet that with the U.S. now involved eventually the UK become East US! What could we do there that the British? We're not as smart as they are since they gave birth to US! Well, I can hear it fainly but it sounds like "Disclosure now" with a British accent. "Dr" Greer, get your passport ready!

www.rt.com...
Published time: 12 Sep, 2016 12:15
Edited time: 12 Sep, 2016 13:19

American military intelligence is now running the UK’s axed UFO-hunting squad from a plush building in a hidden corner of London’s stylish Soho Square, it is reported.
The secretive Ministry of Defence (MoD) unit was axed in 2009 but is now reportedly being run by a shadowy US colonel within a stone’s throw of the offices of 20th Century Fox – producers of many a science fiction blockbuster.

Now US-funded, the group has mainly American staff but still employs a number of Britons to pore over the real-life X-Files. ...

It's a longer article, the above was just the opening.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Now You get a spot of tea when "THEY" tell You you're full of snip...

Same old denials...

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: klassless
Of course I started with a search and since nothing came up, here is an article of interest.

You can bet that with the U.S. now involved eventually the UK become East US! What could we do there that the British? We're not as smart as they are since they gave birth to US! Well, I can hear it fainly but it sounds like "Disclosure now" with a British accent. "Dr" Greer, get your passport ready!

www.rt.com...
Published time: 12 Sep, 2016 12:15
Edited time: 12 Sep, 2016 13:19

American military intelligence is now running the UK’s axed UFO-hunting squad from a plush building in a hidden corner of London’s stylish Soho Square, it is reported.
The secretive Ministry of Defence (MoD) unit was axed in 2009 but is now reportedly being run by a shadowy US colonel within a stone’s throw of the offices of 20th Century Fox – producers of many a science fiction blockbuster.

Now US-funded, the group has mainly American staff but still employs a number of Britons to pore over the real-life X-Files. ...

It's a longer article, the above was just the opening.

huh? None of this makes sense...
edit on 13-9-2016 by Orionx2 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Your source.

According to the Express

Ok.
Here is the article.
www.express.co.uk...
Whole lot of important stuff on that there site.

edit on 9/14/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: klassless

I think it likely the UFO'S they're interested in originate from Eastern Europe , as long as it's US tax dollars paying for it I don't see a problem with them running it.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   
First issue is the assumption that there was actually ever an "MOD UFO hunting unit".
Aside from Nick Pope taking "crank" calls at the MOD because he had a personal interest- there isn't much evidence of a "unit" "team" "department" or otherwise.

Second issue is the assumption that if there was actually an "MOD UFO hunting unit" (unlikely due to above but possible due to Project Condign, various historical MOD comments etc) - that it didn't already operate in close concert with its well documented American counterparts - as the MOD does on all other "Global Issues".

There are some UK UFO related documents that were due to be released that are currently stuck in some sort of declassification limbo at the national archives so might be some more info on the horizon.

edit on 14-9-2016 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone

First issue is the assumption that there was actually ever an "MOD UFO hunting unit.....

Exactly. The "UFO Desk" or DS8 was hardly more than a PR desk for taking reports from the public. Nick Pope has done his best to big up his role in the 1990s as "Head of the UK's UFO Project". The truth is that he he spent only a fraction of his time chasing UFOs and his grade was just above the one of two staff who worked for him. Most of the released files from the MoD concerning DS8 are letters to and from the public with a few small hidden factoids amongst the chaff. But NIck saw a gap in the market and has made the most of his time there.

If there really was a UFO hunting unit then it certainly wasn't DS8!
edit on 14/9/16 by mirageman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: klassless

I can confirm this via a rumour from SoHo fx colleague but what happens there is beyond me.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

US Investigates UFO's= Teams of ex spec ops guys in black cars and helicopters collecting data for "back engineering".
UK Investigates UFO= Entirely based in a private members club in London where getting pissed up on Brandy is the only objective.

The "House of Lords all party UFO study group" seems to have actually existed and seemed to have some decent discussions- even if they did included the Rockerfeller UFO briefing.

If anyone could have got to the truth in the UK it would have been Lord Hill Norton as he had the best of the best upper tier connections in the MOD and NATO and was later a member of the House of Lords.

Died a believer as I remember.

new topics

top topics

join