It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Songs I Wrote

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
So yeah. Here's a link to some videos of me playing songs on the couch. I figured it would probably be easier than embedding a bunch of videos here. This remains to be seen.
m.youtube.com...

Hopefully that works. If you dig watching an old guy plunk a guitar and kinda sing some stuff you never heard before, check it out.
Hope y'all enjoy it.

Edit: Oh yeah, there's a video of me throwing some yo-yo in there too.
edit on 13-9-2016 by subject x because: Essential yo-yo errata.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: subject x

Sounds awesome! Thanks for sharing. Will definitely be checking out your songs. Keep it up!

Any chance you'll make more songs with the style of Tom Waits? Loved that one.
edit on 14-9-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Wisdom Of The Elves. I like that!

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Hey, glad y'all enjoyed. Share them with your friends! Or your enemies.

originally posted by: ksiezyc
a reply to: [post=21241663]subject x[/post

Any chance you'll make more songs with the style of Tom Waits? Loved that one.

Thanks! You never know. Inspiration is a fickle friend. Only shows up when, and how, it wants to.

If I could actually write like Mr. Waits I'd be a happy guy. A master of imagery, he is.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Well regardless of what style you choose to play I hope you share more songs. Tom Waits is a great lyricist and vocalist, but you do a great job as well.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc
Well thanks! I try.

I have, I believe, 11 songs on the YouTube. To share more I'd have to make up some more. Well, I do have another on video but it's kinda out of my vocal range. Actually, no-one's ever heard it, and I made it up over 20 years ago! I'm just not sure the performance level is enough for public consumption. Maybe I'll put it up and premier it here.

I'm currently working on recording full band versions of some of them, but it's slow going due to scheduling issues. My buddy who does the recording for me has very little time (his 6 year old girl is a much higher priority, as she should be) and co-ordinating his, mine, and other players' available time is quite a project. I'll post some up if I get any finished.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Oh that would be awesome! I've enjoyed listening to your songs. Will share it with a family member when I see them. They're a fan of Waits and of the other type of music you've created(I'm terrible at classifying music beyond metal).

Awesome. I'll be waiting to hear some more, already subscribed
Keep on doing your passion

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Those sound great! I'm really not much of a music type, I'm only starting to teach myself guitar but these don't sound bad at all. I love how fast your strumming is (wish I could do it that fast but I just started playing). I usually am more into drawing rather then music making but I hope to level out the fields here in the next few months

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: golden23

Awesome! The world needs more music!
Just remember- we don't "work" music, we "play" music. Have fun with it. You're never going to break it with a bad note.

top topics

join