It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

British man accused of trying to shoot Donald Trump pleads guilty on lesser charges

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Michael Sandford, a 20-year-old from Surrey who struggles with autism and depression, is now expected to serve no more than 27 months in prison

Well this is a surprise...

I guess they're taking his mental health into account because this is a serious charge...
And could have been much worse...

A 20-year-old British man accused of trying to assassinate Donald Trump at a June rally in Las Vegas has pleaded guilty to the lesser charges of being an alien in possession of a firearm and disrupting an official function.

Not many of us like Trump, even a lot of his "supporters" are really just anti-Hillary...

But I don't think any of us wanted this to go down, and are thankful the Orange buffoon was unharmed.

Killing people you disagree with is probably the most antithetical attempt at "freedom fighting" I've ever heard of...

Being autistic, maybe they had no choice but to throw lesser charges at him...
But 27 months in an American jail for this 20 year old Englishman is going to be one tough punishment.

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
It should be attempted murder in my book, autism my foot. If an individual has the severe lack of control over their mental and emotional state, enough to want to kill another human without warrent of self defense etc...they need to be put away for a hell of a lot longer than 27 months. Prison moght not be best but a mental hospital for a good 5 to 7 seems appropriate.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Being autistic, maybe they had no choice but to throw lesser charges at him...
But 27 months in an American jail for this 20 year old Englishman is going to be one tough punishment.

If Trump gets elected, this kid won't see the light of day until Trump is out of office. It's so easy to get in 'more trouble' when you're in jail.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

He's lucky he didn't try to do this in Texas because they have no problem putting a intellectually disabled man on death row.

He doesn't belong in prison. He's disabled and needs to be in a group home back in the UK where staff can supervise him 24/7. He won't survive prison because he's English. No, he won't survive because he's autistic.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Don't lower the charges, he missed. Throw the book at him.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Somewhere I read he was trying to save America. I wonder where he got that idea from.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Why not just deport him back to his home and put him on the N0-FLY list?
Why should the American public be on the hook for his food, shelter and care for the next 27 months? Let his home country deal with him.

top topics

join