It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arrest Warrant Issued For Journalist Amy Goodman After Covering Dakota Access Pipeline Protests

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: dragonridr

You are saying the media and the native Americans have been bought and paid for ?.....IS there anything you can show me to back that up ?....What you are saying there sounds reasonable im just not sure i believe it...yet...

Did you know the reservation knew about the project before it started and were even contacted by the company and asked if there was any cultural sites they needed to avoid. Back them they didn't care on the least bit. This whole fight started because of the university% of Colorado in boulder. They started the law suits and receive donations to pay for the legal fight. The tribe isn't suing anyone its the law school.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

I was under the impression that this pipeline was being built on their tribal lands, but now I read that is near their tribal lands, while I agree that this pipeline should be kept a safe distance from the water supply there are too many people in the media who need to put real facts in their reporting instead of spinning it to fit whatever agenda it is that they are supporting, for anyone to make a real informed judgement on any situation actual true facts are needed, it just makes this whole thing less believable when they purposefully offer a false narrative to tug on people's heartstrings.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

We are country that now arrests journalists doing their jobs, and whistle-blowers.

Big Brother is here.

She wasn't arrested for doing her job. She was arrested for doing her job on private land.

Would we be crying about it if a rancher had taken out a warrant for criminal trespass because she elected to "do her job" on his property without his permission?

I suspect not.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

You're right.

But when the law is used to hide the truth, then what?

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
disgusting! They know journalists share the information that lets people join up in some of the fights they dont want us to fight!

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
In Europe there will be no question: It is journalist duty to report honestly what happened in such muddy cases.

But that is for Europe where you have (at least in some countries) right to free passage. It is ancient notion that man can NOT own land: it is just landed by gods/God. Unless you do harm to crop (its farmers possession) you are free to travel through fields and woods ...

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Ah!

Private property or not, thats evidence, and you cant prosecute someone that filmed it until all facts are considered in the original case...?

Of course thats logical to me, but Im sure the law doesnt work like that...quite the opposite.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

a reply to: Shamrock6

You're right.

But when the law is used to hide the truth, then what?

The law is used like that every day, what do you mean then what ?...we live it day in day out nothing changes.....johnny law is just another ever reaching tentacle of the elite class and their corruption...

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Latest story out of the protest camp:

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
You know what ?

I hope they arrest her.

Why ?

Because it will draw even more media attention to what's going on with this whole fiasco... and Amy will be front and center to report the whole damn thing.

She's one of the few journalists left in the business that I have any respect for. Long gone are the days of the Dan Rathers and Walter Cronkites of journalism and news reporting.

Amy Goodman now carries that torch... and I hope she takes it all the way to the finish line.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

We are country that now arrests journalists doing their jobs, and whistle-blowers.

Big Brother is here.

She wasn't arrested for doing her job. She was arrested for doing her job on private land.

Would we be crying about it if a rancher had taken out a warrant for criminal trespass because she elected to "do her job" on his property without his permission?

I suspect not.

There's been journalists arrested before for trespassing but this is the first time a warrant was issued for arrest after the fact.

Also, a side note. This isn't the first time Amy Goodman has been arrested, but the last time, she sued and won big money. I'm sure she will sue again and I'm sure she will win big money again. She shouldn't have been arrested for this. This was purely a sheriff in the pocket of Big Oil trying to intimidate journalists and make them think twice about covering this story.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr
Any credible sources or links to your claims here? It's the first time I heard of CU being involved here. Also from what I heard from Al Jazeera reporters, local reporters as well as the tribal president, was that the tribes were never told of any public notice meetings about the project in its beginning stages. There was no notices printed in local papers about it or announced thru other outlets.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I don't know how it elsewhere but in Arizona an archeology team will come out to proposed sights before digging to see if the area is safe from artifacts. There's been times when projects got delayed cuz of old ancient ruins present in proposed areas.
edit on 18-9-2016 by wickd_waze because: spelling

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Charging her with criminal trespassing.

Criminal trespassing and the charge of trespassing are not the same.

Criminal trespassing means that you committed a criminal act while trespassing.
Or you were with someone that did.

As a reporter if you walk in as a group with someone committing a criminal act and film the act you may be classed as a co-conspirator.

This was part of the training when i was a newspaper photographer that you can follow at a distance or come in from a different area but if you are with the group you can be arrested.

Amy Goodman is a liberal journalist and should know this but likely thinks she is so elite that she can get away with anything.
edit on 19-9-2016 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
a reply to: Hazardous1408

None of this happened on the reservation.

The protesters were on private land not the reservation.

The pipeline was never planned to go on reservation property.

Goodman was illegaly tresspassing on PRIVATE land along with the protesters. They were repeatedly asked to leave or face prosecution. They chose to stay.

Now they are facing the consequences for their choices.

No didn't Happend on the Rez your right ,

just half a Mile near it ,

look like you dont have a Clue why Bakken Company went near it
Do you! its the Same reason why they are Protesting !!

The Company Changed Route Because it would Effect the Water Resource because
the Army claimed it would effect the City water resource in case of a Leak !! let alone that
it would be 11 miles shorter.. then Bismark

Pipeline route plan first called for crossing north of Bismarck
Amy Dalrymple Forum News Service Aug 18, 2016
bismarcktribune.com... d386c933c.html

The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers evaluated the Bismarck route and concluded it was not a viable option for many reasons.

One reason mentioned in the agency’s environmental assessment is the proximity to wellhead source water protection areas that are avoided to protect municipal water supply wells

In addition, the Bismarck route would have been 11 miles longer with more road crossings and waterbody and wetland crossings. It also would have been difficult to stay 500 or more feet away from homes, as required by the North Dakota Public Service Commission, the corps states.

Illegally Trespassing ? its State Land is it not ?, Prosecution? the The Standing Rock Reservation were not notified or was Asked originally..

Bakken just has permission to go on the STATE Land..
by Judges to Place Pipes in the Ground...

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua
a reply to: ATSmediaPRO

What's little talked about is the Native Americans who are coming down from Canada to stand with the protesters. We have a few of them... in fact, they are the fastest growing demographic in this country.

Right .. they had been Tribal Chiefs in My Area AKWESASNE that has been down there for Support ..

The Grand Chief Abram Benedict as gave Support to The Standing Rock Reservation

a Few Links
Mohawk council Akwesasne letter support Standing Rock
theturtleislandnews.com...

Tribal Council Extends Support to Standing Rock Sioux Tribe
www.srmt-nsn.gov...

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Neil Young sings in support of the Dakota Access Pipeline Protest:

I hear Willie Nelson also joined the cause.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join