It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Motivational Speech by FamCore: "Don't Get Comfortable"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I'm not sure where I will go with this, but the creative juices are flowing and I have passion in my heart. I've been listening to a lot of motivational speeches lately, on my way to and from work, in the gym when I'm working out; the inspiration and ambition it instills in me seems to be of greater value than simply "enjoying some good tunes".

Here are a handful of speeches I've been listening to on repeat lately, I can't seem to get enough:

and my favorite (the Les Brown part):

Even if I just start recording these words of motivation, I can still listen to myself and motivate myself. I think I can motivate myself better than anyone else. I am going to write to speak to myself. I will probably also share these with other people once I've edited, re-written, recorded, re-recorded, and mastered my speeches. Here is a rough draft of my very first Motivational Speech. I will share some more on here as I write them. Thought I would share this with ATS.

"Love your life!"

Motivational Speech One – Don’t Get Comfortable

It’s easy to get off track in life. Naturally, we tend to build habits and behave in a way that will minimize discomfort. It’s easy to tell yourself “I’ll go to the gym tomorrow”, “I won’t drink tomorrow, but I will today”, “I’ll call my mother this weekend when I’m not as stressed from work”. It’s easy to put things aside or put them off until “a better time”. Those better times don’t usually happen, and if they do we are often in the middle of enjoying the weekend or holiday, and we subconsciously choose not to follow through on what we said we were going to do.
It’s the challenges and the hard decisions that build our character and determine what kind of life we will lead. You see it with historical figures, athletes, with regular people: those who face adversity and tragedy often find value in the suffering, in the pain, and are able to grow from it, become better, become stronger, become wiser.

You see, you can either let those tragedies stick with you in a negative way, dwelling on it, thinking of yourself as a victim, “Why me? Why did this have to happen to me? This isn’t fair, the world is cruel, people are heartless..” You know how that narrative goes.

But you can also keep those memories, those emotional scars, whatever you want to call them, you can keep those with you in a positive way. “Look at how strong I am for overcoming that,” You use those experiences to motivate you, to keep you driven, keep you fighting, to keep you reaching for your dreams and your biggest life goals. That’s what I am choosing to do. I choose to let my past push me harder. I’m telling myself every day, on good days and on bad days, that I will keep pushing myself to the limit. I will go outside of my comfort zone, take risks, accept challenges, conquer any obstacle.. because I know I can do it. I’ve done it before, I’ll do it again. Whether I wake up feeling great, happy, and excited, or whether I wake up feeling like crap, depressed, cynical, angry, no matter what, I’m checking myself. I’m holding myself to a higher standard.

I will not be a victim. I will not be a wuss. I’m going to take the opportunities that the World lays out for me today, and I will do my best. To not let the world down. To not let myself down. To not give up on my dreams. Because I know I’m worth it, because I know my dreams are worth it, and because I know I have something to offer the world.

Be your number one Hype Man. Keep moving towards your dream. Even if it’s baby steps, even if it feels like you’re just running in place. At least you’re not moving backward. You’re not complacent where you are. You’re not going to let yourself get comfortable. And if you don’t make as much progress today as you wanted to, guess what? You still made progress. You’re still that much closer to your dream.

The world deserves the best you that you have to offer. Don’t sell yourself short. Don’t take shortcuts. DO honor yourself, and your aspirations. Make your family or loved ones proud. Be a role model for people who don’t have one. Inspire others, and you will live your dream. Life is about living, and making the most of what the world has to offer. Don’t lose yourself along the way. Keep that flame alive. Keep fighting for your dream. Keep fighting for yourself.

Thanks for reading.

-FC
edit on 13-9-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Good stuff, I needed some motivation on this rainy day

That said..... It's time for you and I to get back to what's important in our lives
(ATSwise)

Hillary!

Back to those Hillary forums for us my brudder!!

The faint
The e-mails
Chelsea's apt. or medical facility
The P-moan-e-a
The Parkinson
The possible poisioning
and now the CONTAGIOUS Parkinsons

Lest our collective gift of OCD be for naught!

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I like these type of videos and listen to them regularly.. Although they do tend to use the same speeches over and over.
Id love to make one, that resonates specifically with me but time is a bit limited these days.

BTW.. Looking good my brother. What sort of training schedule are you doing to get that sort of physique?

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

That pic was from at least 1 year ago, but I've kept up with the same training pretty much for 4 years. I'm probably up a good 12-15 pounds since then, and my strength has improved significantly. I do 1 really focused leg day a week - squats, lunges, carrying weights while going on the stairclimber at a slow pace, leg extensions, that sort of thing.

I also do 1 focused chest (and shoulders) day, 1 day focused on back (lat pull down, dumbell rows, deadlifts). I try to fit in one day of just cardio/conditioning and also throw in abs with 1-2 of my lifts each week.

When I am not working 90 hours a week and can juggle it I will fit in a day for arms, or just shoulders, or some other specific (smaller) muscle group.

The hardest thing is diet, it's tough to keep up with it, too easy to "cheat" and just cook kielbasa because it's easy but I'm getting better at preparing well-rounded meals throughout the week and adding in more veggies, I will need to make improvements with this as well though. Kielbasa is good, but not the best choice for dietary needs, as you might have guess lol

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Good post with some great clips but if I would shrink it down then it would be in the wisdom of your own words .

with regular people: those who face adversity and tragedy often find value in the suffering,
and add that those that rise above regular people find joy in their suffering .Knowing that it is to their advantage to do so .

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Be the frog choking the crane.
edit on 13-9-2016 by Lysergic because: THATS NOT A PELICAN

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Nice. I am thoroughly motivated now. The thing I always try to remember is that life is fleeting and can go quickly for us and those we love. It is important to not take any of it for granted. Live for the moment that is right there.

Thanks for sharing this.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Keep fighting for yourself.
I love it.
Really inspiring! Thanks for sharing those videos!

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I'm very motivated to stay unmotivated.

Life is an odd procedure when you want almost nothing out of it.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Hey FamCore great speech! You should check out one of my favorites: www.youtube.com...

It's titled Tomorrow and it speaks to me...

Here are a few other good ones:
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

top topics

join