It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Denying Downed F16

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Hi folks,

Coming off the presses this morning in The Independent are reports of a supposedly-downed Israeli F16, less than a day in to the Syrian ceasefire:

Israel denies claim Syrian forces shot down its aircraft in disputed Golan Heights during fragile ceasefire Syria defence ministry claims it shot down Israeli fighter jet and drone that targeted its forces

However, it seems that Israel are actively denying this claim:

Israel has denied the Syrian government's claim to have shot down an Israeli fighter jet and drone at the start of a fragile seven-day truce in the country's civil war.

The Israel Defence Forces (IDF) immediately refuted the report, saying a Syrian anti-aircraft battery had shot at its aircraft but missed their target.

"Early this morning, two missiles were launched from Syria after the IAF targeted Syrian artillery positions," a spokesperson said. "IDF aircraft were not harmed."

The Israeli Air Force said Syrian troops used surface-to-air missiles in the attempt but that it “at no point” compromised pilot safety.

Bashar al-Assad's defence ministry previously issued a conflicting statement on Tuesday morning saying a fighter jet and drone were downed in Quneitra Governorate at 1am local time.

Full article is over here.

What do you good folks think? Are Israel denying Syria's claim to better preserve the ceasefire? The ramifications of Syria's claim being true are quite scary, after all, the West LOVES Israel!
edit on 13-9-2016 by Revolvacron because: some grammar

edit on 13-9-2016 by Revolvacron because: more grammar

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Thanks for the read. But where you asked the ramifications, the same Turkey had with Russia. Isreal got caught with their pants down during a cease fire. They'll have to eat this one. If any ramifications, maybe some "strong" words to Isreal by the international community.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Thanks for the read. But where you asked the ramifications, the same Turkey had with Russia. Isreal got caught with their pants down during a cease fire. They'll have to eat this one. If any ramifications, maybe some "strong" words to Isreal by the international community.

Unfortunately it is career suicide to criticize Israel and you will be labeled as anti semite if you speak against their government's actions.

Not many key players are willing to admit Israel does any wrong.

Bibi can even lecture Obama in the White House...that's how much influence their lobbies have.

www.sundaytimes.lk...
edit on 13-9-2016 by DigitalVigilante420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolvacron

after the IAF targeted Syrian artillery positions

Okay, correct me if I'm wrong.... but isn't this an act of war from Israel upon Syria ?

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
If Israel say it never happened, it never happened, right?

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech
ya like 12 times
and not a peep from the UN.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Israel should not even be in the golans.

They found lots of oil/gas there, so I doubt they will leave. Just Israel stealing more land, look the other way.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Well, claims are just that. To be honest, Assad's beleagued regime is probably scrabbling at straws. I guess that I will believe Assad when there is proof that a Israeli jet was shot down. You know... the wreckage.

Israel has kept out of the Syrian mayhem. The only admitted and known actions have been the occassional intediction of Hezbollah supplies and personnel. You know, the Hezbollah who periodically lob rockets into Israel.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Ummm . . .

who cares? I mean truly who cares? It does not matter whether or not it happened.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

Okay, correct me if I'm wrong.... but isn't this an act of war from Israel upon Syria ?

Israel and Syria are already in a state of war and have been since the state of Israel was proclaimed.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure this is a trade off for down Russian jet. Israel can't get involved in Syria right now. Everyone will be up its nose if they start bombing campaign uninvited.
edit on 13-9-2016 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
Israel should not even be in the golans.

They found lots of oil/gas there, so I doubt they will leave. Just Israel stealing more land, look the other way.

The arabs lost that land when they attacked Israel first. Sour grapes. Although the UN asked them to give it back and they tried to(this was before the discovery of resources btw) but the country it belonged to refused to accept it back with the refigees on it.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Why no pictures?
I would be really surprised if Syria had the courage to shoot down an Israeli parrot. Downing a plane is so far fetched that it is almost sad to see the Syrian media celebrate this attempt to avert attention from the 1000 dead civilians (250 children) by the Syrian regime, in August alone. Source

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
It seems Israel is denying this allegedly-downed Israeli F16.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
This thread is so convoluted.
It started when artillery shells from rebels fell on the Israeli side of the DMZ.
Israeli Aircraft (manned & unmanned) responded.
They were engaged by Syrian Government surface to air assets but not hit.
A group of Syrian Government artillery batteries were designated as the target.
The Syrian Government gun batteries were neutralized.
All aircraft returned safely.
It is a long standing policy ( 50 years) that any type of provocation originating from the Syrian side will be met with equal or greater force and the official Syrian Government will be held solely responsible.

Buck

edit on 18-9-2016 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

So it crashed on the occupied territory then...

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Pandaram

There's no evidence it crashed anywhere.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

We may never know.. Like whose giving military support to isis.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Pandaram

There should be pictures of wreckage of it was shot down. There's nothing but another claim that it was with nothing to back it up. No recovery mission by Israel, nothing.
edit on 9/19/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

It's been an act of war ever since Israel stole part of the Golan Heights. Besides Israel can attack whoever they want and it won't be considered an attack because Israel is always "defending" themselves.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join