It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philippine president wants US forces out of restive south

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Here is something interesting out of the Philippines... I keep thinking there is a bullet or a bomb with his name on it just waiting for an opportunity to do its' thing...

JIM GOMEZ, Associated Press
MANILA, Philippines (AP) — Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte said Monday he wants U.S. forces out of his country's south and blamed America for inflaming Muslim insurgencies in the region, in his first public statement opposing the presence of American troops.

"For as long as we stay with America, we will never have peace in that land," Duterte said in a speech to newly appointed government officials.

He showed photos of what he described as Muslim Filipinos, including children and women, who were slain by U.S. forces in the early 1900s and dumped in a pit in Bud Daho, a mountainous region in southern Sulu province. American soldiers stood around the mass grave.

newsletter.thaivisa.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

A woman was kidnapped today in the small town of Linamon in Lanao Del Norte at 5 am this morning and was thought to have been taken to Marawi,the ransom is P30 000 000.
And surprise surprise you can guess which religion was responsible and it had f@ck all to do with America.
Kidnapping has become a way of life for the dregs of life to line their pockets and the people responsible need wiping off the map.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Better leave then.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: southbeach

A woman was kidnapped today in the small town of Linamon in Lanao Del Norte at 5 am this morning and was thought to have been taken to Marawi,the ransom is P30 000 000.
And surprise surprise you can guess which religion was responsible and it had f@ck all to do with America.
Kidnapping has become a way of life for the dregs of life to line their pockets and the people responsible need wiping off the map.

Appeasement has not worked in any place I am aware of. I had hoped he would wipe the thieves and radicals out after he got finished with his other program of catching the drug suppliers... Looks like he is going to try the "Can't we all just get along approach." All I can say is "good luck Bubba."

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

after he got finished with his other program of catching the drug suppliers..

The town is saying the reason the kidnappings are up is because of the war on the drug dealers which means they need to find another way to get money.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Well its his country.

If he wants the US to piss off then the USA better pack its bags and piss off!

Of course if China moves in, thats on the philippino president.
edit on 13-9-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The Government seems to be addicted to the "Team America--World Police" roll. How many billions have we lost down this latest foreign entanglement rathole?

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Good on Duerte. i hope other countries follow suit and remove the American Stigmatism off of their shoulders. nothing good comes of what the US government touches. empirical historic evidence can attest to that.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Oh, does he mention the millions of Dollars the US has put into the Philippine economy since WW2. He probably wants to forget that. I've looked and cannot find any figures, they're buried deep.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Oh, does he mention the millions of Dollars the US has put into the Philippine economy since WW2. He probably wants to forget that. I've looked and cannot find any figures, they're buried deep.

Still its Philippines sovereign territory.

There land there rules.

Anyway the USA will have the last laugh if China show up.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Okie dokie, not getting any argument from me. It's not like they're one of our territories we have any obligation to anymore (for those unaware, it was for a time until 1946)

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
GREAT ,we don't need to set a trip wire incident ,WE HAVE A COUNTRY who JUST volunteered.
All we do now is abandon wait and return when they get hit.
I HATE the planet I live on.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I listened to a interview he did the other day regarding this, he was basically saying ever since the US army and in particular special forces have been in Mindanao the situation has only ever been contained rather than a actual meaningful plan put in place to get rid of the Islamic threat.

He does not believe that whilst the US are there that there will ever be peace in the area.

www.rt.com...

Bottom line he does not believe the US have any interest in actually eradicating Daesh fighters in the area, and lets be honest the world over has what "looks" to be US funded Islamic terrorist regardless of how you look at it there are strong links suggesting such a thing.

I personally believe given the right game plan I see little reason why the Philippines Military and special forces cannot solve this issue that has plagued the area for years.

Duterte does not trust the US, and on current form, who would argue?. Proxy wars the world over and they have a habit of destabilization of sovereign nations for their own gains. He was also discussing the behaviour of servicemen in the area and there was a well documented case regarding the murder of a Transgender named Jennifer Laude
www.washingtonpost.com...

I would also mention that regardless of how much money people think the US has pumped into the Philippines over the years (I cannot find a actual figure) there really is f#ck all to show for it and my guess is that if any has then most of it has been sucked up by golden hand shakes and corruption.

The internal economy here at the moment is booming and the latest figures show the lowest unemployment numbers for sometime. I see little reason why the Philippines at this moment has any need for any US involvement, fact is the US need the Philippines for it's strategic position than anything else and it could be argued that the Philippines having active US forces here could very well escalate a situation and aggression.

There is also something else going on at the moment regarding gun ownership, I live rural so have not got all the details yet but there seems to be a push for legal gun ownership to increase. I can only say what little I have heard about this but my wife's father who "was" a gun owner at one point has had information coming though asking if he wishes to renew his licence and giving step by step information on how to do it which kinda goes against the narrative that Duterte has any interest in a full blown dictatorship??. I will post up more info about this when I can confirm the actually situation.

I think it goes without saying the balls on Duterte are fairly big he is saying in public what many people say about the US and its foreign policy and he has stated that he wishes the Philippines to be totally independent and as a sovereign nation that has to be respected.

RA

edit on 13-9-2016 by slider1982 because: sp

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Many Americans agree with him.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

You state you have looked and they are "burred deep" so how can you state Millions of dollars have been given to the Philippines if you cannot find a figure???...

I would say any money that comes in was so the US has a strategic position within the region with Clark Airbase to name one location, the US does not just give out cash without expecting something in return..

RA

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982
I listened to a interview he did the other day regarding this, he was basically saying ever since the US army and in particular special forces have been in Mindanao the situation has only ever been contained rather than a actual meaningful plan put in place to get rid of the Islamic threat.

He does not believe that whilst the US are there that there will ever be peace in the area.

www.rt.com...

Bottom line he does not believe the US have any interest in actually eradicating Daesh fighters in the area, and lets be honest the world over has what "looks" to be US funded Islamic terrorist regardless of how you look at it there are strong links suggesting such a thing.

I personally believe given the right game plan I see little reason why the Philippines Military and special forces cannot solve this issue that has plagued the area for years.

Duterte does not trust the US, and on current form, who would argue?. Proxy wars the world over and they have a habit of destabilization of sovereign nations for their own gains. He was also discussing the behaviour of servicemen in the area and there was a well documented case regarding the murder of a Transgender named Jennifer Laude

I would also mention that regardless of how much money the US has pumped into the Philippines over the years (I cannot find a actual figure) there really is f#ck all to show for it and my guess is that most of it has been sucked up by golden hand shakes and corruption.

The internal economy here at the moment is booming and the latest figures show the lowest unemployment numbers for sometime. I see little reason why the Philippines at this moment has any need for any US involvement, fact is the US need the Philippines for it's strategic position than anything else and it could be argued that the Philippines having active US forces here could very well escalate a situation and aggression.

There is also something else going on at the moment regarding gun ownership, I live rural so have not got all the details yet but there seems to be a push for legal gun ownership to increase. I can only say what little I have heard about this but my wife's father who "was" a gun owner at one point has had information coming though asking if he wishes to renew his licence and giving step by step information on how to do it which kinda goes against the narrative that Duterte has any interest in a full blown dictatorship??. I will post up more info about this when I can confirm the actually situation.

I think it goes without saying the balls on Duterte are fairly big he is saying in public what many people say about the US and its foreign policy and he has stated that he wishes the Philippines to be totally independent and as a sovereign nation that has to be respected.

RA

Thanks for that. As far as I am concerned anyone who held the rank of Sargent or above in the military should be granted an automatic gun licenses if they want one and have not committed a crime against the state...

I just hope some of the nationalism does not spill over and against the Xpats who have chosen to make the Philippines their home..

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

originally posted by: slider1982

www.rt.com...

I would also mention that regardless of how much money the US has pumped into the Philippines over the years (I cannot find a actual figure) there really is f#ck all to show for it and my guess is that most of it has been sucked up by golden hand shakes and corruption.

RA

Thanks for that. As far as I am concerned anyone who held the rank of Sargent or above in the military should be granted an automatic gun licenses if they want one and have not committed a crime against the state...

I just hope some of the nationalism does not spill over and against the Xpats who have chosen to make the Philippines their home..

Believe me the people of the Philippines still very much look up to the "Kano" and I personally have never had a issues with anyone here (touch wood).

Pinoy Pride as I am sure you are aware is a very big thing but I cannot see that it would spill over to any issues with Expats and actually from my experience I have come into contact with far more European nationals esp German than US that actually live here. I have found many US citizens tend to just come for a vacation. Which was a surprise as I had expected there to be far more US expats??.. But then if you are white you are labeled as a American and many people are taken back with surprise when I say I am British.

I am not worried by this situation in the slightest and many of us bring a sh1t load of money into the economy and employ local workers etc it would be a foolish move..

RA
edit on 13-9-2016 by slider1982 because: sp added

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Same around here the Brits out number everyone.. Swedes (and other E.U. types) are increasing and we do have our contingent of Aussies... But the yanks are a fairly low percentage compared to the others.. I play golf with a bunch of Swedes once a year in a big tournament where there are usually at least 76 Swedes who play.. Oh a few Canadians are thrown into the mix so I guess you could say we have a little of everything..

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Still its Philippines sovereign territory.

There land there rules.

Anyway the USA will have the last laugh if China show up.

Don't know why you are complaining. He probably has a better deal with China since Africa and Vietnam. Look how well they are doing without US.

top topics

join