It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

F-35 May Never Be Ready for Combat

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Fastmover

Now that it's in the hands of the warfighters that will use it, interesting things are happening, and it's proving to be much better than people gave it credit for. From having to use transponders against training SAM sites, to killing Red Air almost as soon as they were airborne, it's been an interesting few weeks recently.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Hell I'm still very unconvinced when it comes to F35, but attempting to tie the black sea non incident and the Vincennes into it is just shoddy criticism that relies entirely on lack of fact checking and non sequiturs to get off the ground.

While I'm almost certain that the Russians actually do have some stuff that may come as a very nasty, costly, and tragic surprise if the worst ever happens and we go at each other hard, the system on the su-24 that day sure isn't one of them.

Like zaphod has said over and over there was just nothing about the black sea thing that would have justified even lighting them up with fire control radars.

If you're going to hate the F35 at least do it for good reasons, not made up ones.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Indeed

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
My only beef with the 35 was when it was reported to be replacing the A-10 for the primary CAS role. Granted, I understand the need to replace an aging fleet of A-10's eventually, but the F-35 doesn't seem to fit that role in any such way. From what I've understood so far, that motion has been taken off the table though?

I haven't really stayed all that caught up with the 35 program since.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Why do I feel deja vu with every US aircraft weapon system ever bought out with that article.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

Yeah, I've had to laugh at some of the recent comments aimed at the critics by people that don't necessarily love the aircraft, but realize what's going on. It's been funny as hell.

Along the lines of: Boy it's a good thing the F-16 didn't have any problems during development. Oh.... wait....
edit on 9/21/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join