It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People and their Cell Phones

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I honestly believe if that guy would taken just 60 seconds longer in the bathroom this gal would have lost consciousness and gone into full cardiac arrest, or had a complete cerebral hemorrhage.

Unreal!

Too bad he didn't.

Then they would have to put a label on those damn things that says "cell phones can cause cardiac arrest".

soulwaxer

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: soulwaxer

...or, 'cause people to spontaneously combust'.

"I honestly don't know what happened, officer; I was just standing there grabbing some Corn Nuts on aisle 2 and there was this chick over there hollerin' n' bangin' on the bathroom door...sumthin' about her phone. Then it got kinda' quiet, all weird like, and then there was this high pitched whining sound...and she just burst into flames! It was crazy, man! I just dropped the Corn Nuts, beat-feet out the door and jumped in my Jetta to get the hell outta' there!!!"

edit on 9/13/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

No I haven't. I work for a telecommunications company at the moment, but I sit in an office downtown and send emails so I don't have to see that kind of thing go on.... but I hadn't thought of it the way you explained it. So I can see people freaking out. I still think it would be over reacting and uncalled for, lol, but I guess what's important to someone else may not be so important to me.

-Alee

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: intrptr

The technology is already here to accomplish this (i.e. turning off features on phones in motion). In fact, my Subaru disables the dial pad in my car when it's in motion. Now I could cheat and just use the phone itself, but it just illustrates the technology is there.

Yah, actually how far to carry that technology? Engine wont start until seatbelt fastened. Alcohol testing, governors on speed limits, cell phone use, radio volume. How about automatic fines for violations reported by OnStar?

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Probably had some "personal" pictures on there

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
I'm in this demographic, and I've never seen anyone react like this to losing their phone. Maybe she had some kind of personality disorder.

Maybe if you're part of that demographic, you don't notice absurd behavior among your own kind

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Now see, this sort of thing aggravates the living hell out of me.

Issues I have with the story as you recount it, are as follows:

The woman is WAY too attached to her device. A kid getting lost, I can understand some frantic behaviour over. A wedding ring, perhaps a credit card. But a phone? Get real.

Second, if her phone was so important to her, she would make some changes to her life to enable her phone to be in her possession, at all times, without fail. First of all, she would be wearing clothing that allows her to carry her phone in a pocket, with a fastener, a zip or a button. She would purchase all the same clothing in different colours perhaps, so that the location of her phone pocket is identical no matter what she is doing, or what outfit she is wearing. She clearly has not done that, because no one who has done that puts their phone down in a toilet, to take care of business.

Third, Facebook...this is easily the most clingy, attention seeking, brainless piece of crap of a social media system that has ever been developed. Getting so upset about nearly loosing your phone that a Facebook post is in order, explains exactly what is wrong with the entire premise.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
It's funny; I left the house this morning, headed to a 4.5 hour long meeting. About 30 minutes into the drive I realized I'd left my cell phone at the house. At first I was kind of cursing myself for leaving my phone on what is likely the WORST possible day to do so. Then I contemplated turning around for it...and said screw it. I thought about how it was just a minor inconvenience and somewhat of an annoyance (given the long, boring, meeting), but I wasn't going to die.

Then I remembered this thread.

Gee, I really DIDN'T die! And, no, I don't do FailBook!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join