It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Flat Earth Theorists

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Oh I soaked it up and still do, if you gave me a squeeze though these days salt water will come out. Back then I'd excrete the same stuff that went in.

It helps to have a bit salt on the world wide agenda-web, ATS is still one of my favourite sites and I've learned a lot from it.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

To clarify, the internet is where you hear the other side of the story, the one you never hear in the main stream. I knew the truth was out there, just thought I was the only one seeing it. Until I started on the internet and here specifically.

Sure, the forces of media mind meld are here too. But you can see that they just parrot the same message. Its the ordinary people countering that with links and observation I relish.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
All flat earthers

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I'm in agreement, it's the members I've come to love at ATS. Alternative thoughts and points of view I highly respect even if I disagree with them.

In the past I'd have been happy to accept what the BBC tells me, these days I fully understand that the news can be very multi-faceted.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Haha what a belta, particularly loved his face when he wiped his cardboard.

Hilarious

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheForgetting

What if the government and NASA (or a secret space program if NASA is a cover-up/fake) has technology that's so advanced- we can't even fathom. What if they don't want us to know what they know. Wouldn't it be easy to perpetuate this "flat earth" and "NASA is fake" theory? If we believe the government's knowledge and power is SO LOW they obviously are lying with their photos and videos, then we won't believe they have greater technology and knowledge than we can perceive.

If NASA (or a secret space program) and the government are purposefully trying to get he public to fall into flat Earth and NASA is fake conspiracy theories, they are failing severely. It would be the most unsuccessful misinformation campaign in history. What, they've succeeded in convincing 0.000001% of the population so far?

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

I'm in agreement, it's the members I've come to love at ATS. Alternative thoughts and points of view I highly respect even if I disagree with them.

In the past I'd have been happy to accept what the BBC tells me, these days I fully understand that the news can be very multi-faceted.

I'm more altruist or all inclusive. I studied the propaganda machine of WWII Germany and Japan. I lived thru the Vietnam war era, saw the protest movement, the anti free speech and anti protest gubment spread its lies about the war, about the civil rights movement, the assassination of JFK, MLK, RFK, Gandhi. I understand Platos Allegory of the Caves to mean that everything on the cave wall is manufactured to fit a certain agenda.

Everything.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Hmm square eggs now that's an idea!

Grease your Sandwitch toaster and crack some eggs in their all your friends will be amazed at triiangular eggs

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

a reply to: crazyewok

Haha what a belta, particularly loved his face when he wiped his cardboard.

Hilarious

That video sucks. The wide eyed 'hippy' looking 'dumb s***' is supposed to cast aspersion on the peace protesters in the 60s.

Just like its supposed to.
edit on 13-9-2016 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

The "hippy" of yesteryear had balls from what I understand, yes some might have been recreational drug users but again from how I understand it a dose of drugs only started killing people when synthesized drugs became more apparent.

Those were the days of highly biased and sometimes downright stupid rhetoric coming from governments and MSM, or is it only stream media?

Anyway, I've got love for the hippy of old, as I understand it they were another voice of unity and reason in a time of racial segregation... I'm only 26 but it's difficult to believe that was only 50-60 years ago and in the land of the free no doubt.

The tables have turned, today's protester wants blood and the governments would rather appease it would seem... Just shadows on a wall am I right?

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

I lived right here in the SF Bay Area, witnessed the summer of love had friends with big brothers that were "hippies". They stopped the Vietnam war, protested at the democratic convention in Chicago in 68, the million man march in washington. Hated Nixon, the war, the industrial war complex, etc. They called it "The Establishment".

Drugs became a burden after they were introduced by returning Vietnam war veterans, many of whom were addicted to Heroin. Also became prevalent with the advent of '___' introduced by the CIA. After that the movement sort of fizzled.

You can read about it in the "Electric Koolaid Acid Test" and "One Flew over the Cuckoos Nest". "Steal this Book" by Abbie Hoffman (good luck finding that) or see the movie, Steal This Movie (very watered down version of events).

Then theres "Hunter Thompson's, Hells Angels", and the Film Easy Rider.

Also: The film The Graduate with Dusty Hoffman. About the generation "Gap" back then in the 60's.

edit on 13-9-2016 by intrptr because: Also:

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

a reply to: Raggedyman

What does believing in a flat earth hurt you, why the animosity
Why not just say, it doesn't seem flat to me and leave it at that?

It's a good enough point, that being said if I were to tell someone enough times their shoes are on the wrong feet they might be willing to believe me and when everyone else notices they're the wrong way round and the "victim" is adamant it's the right way round, well that could lead to a lot of embarrassment, confusion and confrontation.

I am just wondering why it matters, no drama what ever you believe the worlds shape is

It matters when people hardly qualified to educate on a subject attempt to educate on a subject, a wise man once said caring is sharing but will you still care when the waters get really rough... It can be saddening to see people lost in the tide while others sit high and dry.

I'll happily listen to preachers, imams and conspiracy theorists of all kinds. I'll happily conversate with them too, some though will always be convinced they are right and some attempt to push their beliefs onto me. I've learned the harder way that these people who are "pushers" can be detrimental to peoples health.

It can matter at times, a lot.

Shoes on the wrong feet, that's about comfort and discomfort,not relatable

I don't believe in the mandella effect, I don't listen to it or read up on it, it's irrelevant to me
What does it matter, what's the conspiracy, a girl with braces or no braces from a James Bond movie really?
This flat earth thing as well, so what, some think the worlds flat, bash your own head up against the wall and still proves nothing to them.

I care enough not to let some arguments get in the way
I can't see how it matters all that much, why you are on this crusade
edit on 13-9-2016 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2016 by DrumsRfun because: personal insult removed.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Hardly on a crusade fella, just pointing out how people can be open to delusional thinking and how potentially damaging that can be.

People have went nuts of such conspiracies, I know of non personally but its happened. BTW it doesn't get in my way either nor does my buddy and all his fluoridisation BS, he has his beliefs ill-founded or not though my mate ain't pushing his fluoridisation tripe on me or anyone else.

Shoes on the wrong feet, that's about comfort and discomfort

Not in the context I placed it, I certainly wasn't alluding to comfort. I was alluding to manipulation.
edit on 16-9-2016 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
NASA was put in place the same year the Antarctic treaty was signed by all the other nations it belongs to no one and it's protected ...... all the fighting all the blood so much chaos over a lot less but as humans were all still caught up in a huge lie and a huge deception on a level so high it might never even be conceived by all of man at any one time
All I know is nothing and nothing will ever own me
Seek and ye shall find.

a reply to: TheForgetting P.S NASA seems to be a nesecary evil for covert and black ops to exist millions and billions Of dollars is ploughed into the cause of space exploration when it's more like exploitation of millions of good people who grew up with NASA as an amazing entity a new hope of something more when it's really a lot less. This pill is epic in proportion but the answers are Not that hard to understand but it's hard to get anyone to speak up about this as it's served up with a lot of bitter sweet emotion sometimes it's more of white knuckle ride as people grip and cling on to the belief system they have already fallen so entangled into...... we all go through it at some point
So much to unlearn

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Rawklights11

thats nice dear - but alas - nothing to do with the delusion that the earth is flat - unless you are the one who can explain polaris ?

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Rawklights11

NASA was put in place the same year the Antarctic treaty was signed by all the other nations it belongs to no one and it's protected

citation required

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join