It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Dear Flat Earth Theorists

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I would like you to do some explaining to me if you please?

And that is to explain these videos:

Pretty clear from my side that just this video alone should debunk your Flat Earth Theories.

A great photo of two Astronauts space walking, with no Flat Earth in sight...

Here is another video which I'd like to see somehow debunked.... if you please..

Still not good enough for you? How about this one:

I'll leave it with one more:

We have time zones because when the Sun is illuminating one side of the spherical Earth, the other side is dark. This can only be explained if the world is round, and rotating around its own axis. At a certain point when the sun is shining on one part of the Earth, the opposite side is dark, and vise versa.

How hard is that to fathom for you?

It shouldn't be hard at all.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I think these round the world yachtsmen/women would beg to differ withe the flat earthers lol

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Why are you looking for debunking? We all know the earth is triangular.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

hi - i caan predict the response with 100% accuracy :

" NASA lies , photoshop "

to the flat earthers who are avoiding all the other science based thread on this topic - one question :

got a coherent explaination for polaris yes ?

you see " skyblueworld " polaris stumps them every time - as the measurements and observations do not rely on any 3rd party - they can be done by an individual , so the flat earthers cannot claim that " its fake "

PS - star and flag for efferot and integrity - althought i predict this thread will go nowhere

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   

hi - i caan predict the response with 100% accuracy :

" NASA lies , photoshop "

to the flat earthers who are avoiding all the other science based thread on this topic - one question :

got a coherent explaination for polaris yes ?

you see " skyblueworld " polaris stumps them every time - as the measurements and observations do not rely on any 3rd party - they can be done by an individual , so the flat earthers cannot claim that " its fake "

PS - star and flag for efferot and integrity - althought i predict this thread will go nowhere

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Here is a little site that can help any flat Earth conspiracists, basically you type in your height from sea level and it will roughly calculate how far the eye can see.

Distance to the horizon link

It wouldn't work on a flat Earth, go sit on a hill and test it... Weather permitting of course.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   

What a bunch of fools,all they need to do is set up with a transit,or a laser rod,or even a level and a string and a mark,will see that in 100 ft elevation will rise or fall depending on angle,called perspective

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   

What a bunch of fools,all they need to do is set up with a transit,or a laser rod,or even a level and a string and a mark,will see that in 100 ft elevation will rise or fall depending on angle,called perspective

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
The people that promote flat earth are the same ones that used to promote Bermuda Triangles and Underground Aliens.

Designed distraction for the masses. Nobody really thinks its flat. they probably didn't in the past either. The Church promoted that crap because it had to appear to have all the answers, otherwise its not 'Perfect'.

Your average Joe back then could hold a melon up in candle light and see the shading on it just like the phases of the moon and go hmmm...

Moon round, sun round, melon round, earth ... round. Rain drops aren't flat, eggs aren't square.

As above, so below.

edit on 13-9-2016 by intrptr because: YouTube

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: imsoconfused
Why are you looking for debunking? We all know the earth is triangular.

I know this, that's why he have to keep reminding ourselves about the day the Sun tried to become Earth..

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Hmm square eggs now that's an idea!

I'm pretty sure most reasonably educated people didn't figure the Earth was flat anyways back in the day, the ones who did were probably the ones who were stupid enough to buy repentance and forgiveness... Two ounces of silver a year and God will forgive your extra-marital affair.

It's a shame but some do truly believe, they are on the internet. Which is why I cannot fathom how they believe it, they have the internet use it for education.

Back in the day many couldn't read so you could tell them anything and say the bible says it's so, these days that excuse doesn't cut it.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

I'm pretty sure most reasonably educated people didn't figure the Earth was flat anyways back in the day,

Me neither. I think the written record that promotes the authoritarian agenda of its day is the record that survives. The night sky was clear everywhere back then, the stars moved over head, the average Shepard guarding his flock at night, the soldier sentry, the hunter, all could see the stars rotate around the night sky.

I think they discussed it amongst themselves and secretly scoffed at the law of the land (believe or die). They didn't dare write it down. Look at what happened to Galileo, who suggested maybe the earth wasn't the center of the Universe.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Further:

It's a shame but some do truly believe, they are on the internet. Which is why I cannot fathom how they believe it, they have the internet use it for education.

But do they really? If they were in public and asked to prove it, they can't. I don't believe if they were asked to their face they would even try. Its a silly idea.

Or you could be right. Lots of people believe things they have no proof for. I think they learned that from school, church, etc. Just believe what you're told. The bummer about the internet is you can't see how old the set is that believes things they are told. Probably lots of kids out there, barely teens, believing everything. Like we used to.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Some people believe Hillary is awesome, other Trump
I think both party's are as delusional, maybe more delusional

What does believing in a flat earth hurt you, why the animosity
Why not just say, it doesn't seem flat to me and leave it at that?

I am just wondering why it matters, no drama what ever you believe the worlds shape is

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
First of all, yes, photoshop. Movie magic. If you can imagine- every technology that the public has- the government has had it for years, it's easy to dismiss things you see and to develop conspiracy theories. It's possible, doesn't make it true.

Let's open up a new thought to ponder... maybe the government wants you to have these doubts.

What if the government and NASA (or a secret space program if NASA is a cover-up/fake) has technology that's so advanced- we can't even fathom. What if they don't want us to know what they know. Wouldn't it be easy to perpetuate this "flat earth" and "NASA is fake" theory? If we believe the government's knowledge and power is SO LOW they obviously are lying with their photos and videos, then we won't believe they have greater technology and knowledge than we can perceive.

So, let's just keep giving these people proofs of the space programs and our limitations. So many people wont even question their vidoes/photos and will think "well we can go to the moon, but barely. We can send probes and satellites out there but only get limited information and feeds." So they think we are progressing, because we can send a probe to Mars, but PEOPLE haven't been to Mars. Not now, not ever in the past, but maybe in the future?

The "flat earth" beliefs are even better because we give absolutely no props to the government or space programs for being able to do or know anything.

If NASA is fake and all the videos and images are photoshopped or movie magic- it doesn't mean that they can't do anything.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Probably lots of kids out there, barely teens, believing everything. Like we used to.

Hehe this made me laugh but it's true, at least from my perspective.

When I first joined ATS I believed some far-out things and tbh I shunned those who wanted to educate my ignorance. It probably took a year or more for me to open my eyes and listen to the advice some of our older members gave me, even longer to teach myself to cut through the crap... I'm still getting there.

I once worked with someone who was deep into the ufo conspiracies, the real deep end. He had no problem talking about this with anyone who'd listen, considering it was a busy bar/hotel it really struck me as odd. He was a great lad too with no perceivable flaws until he talked about, well some far out stuff... After work drinks were always fun.

Being different was seen as bad in the past too, these days you're nobody unless you're different

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TheForgetting

Yeah because NASA are the only people on the planet with telescopes...

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

What does believing in a flat earth hurt you, why the animosity
Why not just say, it doesn't seem flat to me and leave it at that?

It's a good enough point, that being said if I were to tell someone enough times their shoes are on the wrong feet they might be willing to believe me and when everyone else notices they're the wrong way round and the "victim" is adamant it's the right way round, well that could lead to a lot of embarrassment, confusion and confrontation.

I am just wondering why it matters, no drama what ever you believe the worlds shape is

It matters when people hardly qualified to educate on a subject attempt to educate on a subject, a wise man once said caring is sharing but will you still care when the waters get really rough... It can be saddening to see people lost in the tide while others sit high and dry.

I'll happily listen to preachers, imams and conspiracy theorists of all kinds. I'll happily conversate with them too, some though will always be convinced they are right and some attempt to push their beliefs onto me. I've learned the harder way that these people who are "pushers" can be detrimental to peoples health.

It can matter at times, a lot.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TheForgetting

wow - just wow - not even internally consistent " argument "

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

When I first joined ATS I believed some far-out things and tbh I shunned those who wanted to educate my ignorance.

Not me. I eagerly soaked up the truth flowing here. I only came to the internet originally because of the vacuum of information about Fukushima in 2011, I wound up here and have nourished in the light ever since.

I relish the alternate news , the one that isn't brainwashing and conditioning the masses.

Shhh...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join