It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Paul Invent Christianity?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Malocchio

Please bear in mind that YOU were the one who highlighted my original statement, taken from my reply to ChesterJohn; where Chester kept mentioning the word “Apostle”…that’s the background context to our discussion so far…

Originally posted by Malocchio
An Apostle was a disciple.

Well, you just proved my original point, that the two words can be interchangeable but only in one sense, which is exactly what I originally stated…

A disciple was not an Apostle unless he was one of the 12.

Yes, according to your perspective that is true; but from “Standard Christianity” and the Biblical perspective that is not true, because Paul called others “Apostles”…outside of the twelve…even Barnabas was called an Apostle (Which I know is what you dispute)…but I was never bringing myself into that argument, i.e. I haven't decided where I stand on the whole Paul issue…

There were disciples who were Apostles, 12 of them. Other than that there is no synonymity between Apostles and disciples.

Don't take someone correcting you personally and quote in oversized letters the dictionary definition of Apostle and disciple as it doesn't prove anything, words have definitions, I know this.

The reason I posted the dictionary definitions was to show that both words can be interchangeable, which is true…

Missing my point entirely has led you to counter with what I have previously described as the go to distraction technique for evangelists when questioned about the "13 apostle" Paul.

It doesn't work because the definition of a word doesn't explain how more than the maximum amount of something can exist.

That’s why I specifically mentioned that the dictionary definitions are deriving there meaning from “Standard Christianity”…

Paul calling others “Apostles” outside of the twelve = “Standard Christianity”, which is where the dictionary is deriving its definition of the Word “Apostle” from…surely you can wrap your head around that simple concept…

But there does appear to be a clear dichotomy taking place when the book of Revelations mentions the “12 Apostles” like you stated, and with Paul claiming to be an “Apostle” and calling others “Apostles”, outside of the 12.

Is there a possible explanation to this apparent dichotomy/contradiction…?

Well, yes there is, if you go with the dictionary definition of what an “Apostle” is, then it’s also a person who has witnessed Jesus (or in Pauls case claimed to witness Jesus) in some other fashion, who then becomes a missionary himself/herself…

I totally get that you reject Paul and “Standard Christianity”, but you have to also reject the dictionary definition as well, because that’s where they derive there meanings from…All I ‘m doing is pointing it out…

Now Remember I was discussing this with ChesterJohn who obviously sees it in the standard Christian way…

And the FACT remains that 12 is the maximum number of Apostles as I have plastered the pages of this thread with evidence of. I am sorry you obviously can't tolerate being disagreed with but despite having similar definitions in the dictionary:

I don’t mind being disagreed with…but we are not in disagreement lol…not that I can see anyway…

In a Christian context 12 is the number of Apostles and they are honored above regular disciples, not synonyms and you will have to accept (or don't) that you were incorrect assuming that they were synonyms and should take my polite correction as help and not as hostility.

Yes, I totally get that aspect; that the 12 Apostles are unique, and scripturally speaking shouldn’t have been added too…I totally get it, and was not disagreeing, I was just pointing out that the two phrases “Disciple” and “Apostle” can be interchangeable in one sense, which of course does not nullify who the original 12 Apostles/Disciples were…

- JC

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Matrixsurvivor

The requirements to even BE an apostle are in Acts Chp. 1 (just as Malocchio pointed out). The men had to have been witnesses to Jesus' resurrection, as well as been with Jesus during His WHOLE ministry....something Paul was not a part of. So, yea...Paul was a "self proclaimed" apostle who high jacked the message Jesus came to give.

No one witnessed Jesus' resurrection. What is meant is that one must have had to have seen Him before and after His death and that the requirement would be best suited for one to have been with Him at the onset of His ministry. Those were man made requirements which made sense but not to say that they were set down by Jesus.

No Paul was not converted at this time nor was he a contender to replace Judas.

You say Paul was a self proclaimed Apostle -- "Paul was a "self proclaimed" apostle who high jacked the message Jesus came to give." I thank you for that admission that Paul indeed was an Apostle. You see how interpretation works?

Yet Paul states --
1Corinthians 9:1
Am I not an apostle? am I not free? have I not seen Jesus Christ our Lord? are not ye my work in the Lord?

And Jesus confirms what Paul states --
Act 9:15,16
(15) But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:
(16) For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I forgot to mention the difference in the reports of the outcome of the Jerusalem council as recorded by Luke and in the words of Paul which are very significant.

Acts 15 is The Council at Jerusalem

Paul and Barnabas are in a heated debate with some Judeans who insist upon circumcision as a necessity to ''be saved.''

It's decided that the Jerusalem elders and Apostles should be consulted. Apparently things ran smoothly out there where the people who knew Jesus were and Paul's house was full of dissent. This is his third trip to Jerusalem so he has had time. I think it would be above a man of Christ to argue with ''no small dissent'' about an issue that he could have consulted Christ over, had Christ actually appeared to him with Revelations and all. He must not have had his great revelation yet.

The result of the council was James asked the Holy Spirit and it was decided no, circumcision is not required among the gentiles but they must refrain from sexual immorality (fornication), meat sacrificed to idols , meat with blood and strangled animal meat.

This is given in a letter to Paul and Barnabas who get in an argument over the company of John Mark and Paul goes on his own. No mention of the letter is ever given to us by Luke, Paul or made of its contents about circumcision and idol meat.

"Remember the poor."

Is what Paul records as the only thing that he was told by James. No mention of the Holy Spirit and 4 no burden commands about eating idol meat just that they should ''remember the poor.''

Galatians is a revealing book.

Paul continues to argue about circumcision in his epistles which are years later. He calls Jerusalem and Asia the ''circumcision faction" and says anyone who gets circumcised is bound to ''the whole law'' which he considers to be ''a curse.'' He then forces Timothy (poor guy) to get circumcised! All this is after the Jerusalem council so his polemics against circumcision are slander and he later insisted that ''an idol is nothing '' so it was ok to eat the meat so long as your ''spiritually weaker brothers'' aren't around.

By spiritually weak brothers he means the Apostles who gave Paul this very command from the Holy Spirit and leader of Jerusalem brother of Jesus, James the Just. So he is blaspheming the Holy Spirit by saying that the decision of the Spirit is for the spiritually weak and can be disobeyed when the Jewish disciples aren't present.

It's a coward move as he doesn't want to get caught so he says not to do it in front of those who observe the dictates of the Holy Spirit and Church of the Nazarenes.

Revelation 2:14

But I have a few things that I hold against you: you have there some who hold to the teaching of Balaam, who taught Balak to put a stumbling block before the people of Israel, so that they would eat food sacrificed to Idols...''

Thats what Jesus thinks about eating the meat Paul says is ok to eat. Here is what he says they should do for teaching it and eating it:

"Repent then. If not, I will come to you soon and make war against them with the sword of my mouth.''
edit on 23-9-2016 by Malocchio because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-9-2016 by Malocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

What is true is that the Bible says that there are 12 Apostles, names them and then places the name of THE 12 Apostles of the Lamb in New Jerusalem.

You say that's my perspective and the Bible uses the terms Apostle and disciple interchangeably when it's not my perspective that there are only 12 but what the book ACTUALLY says itself as I have shown many times already.

And the Bible doesn't use the terms interchangeably and neither does Paul, he might use the word willy nilly like he has authority to bestow it but he doesn't have the authority and never met Jesus. In fact that's what I have been saying all along.

Keep insisting that it's me saying that there are 12 Apostles and not the Bible all you want. It's a well known tradition and part of the story and all the facts have been discussed about the self appointment of Paul as an Apostle because it is a special term that Biblically only applies to the 12 Apostles and is not at all interchangeable with disciple.

You made a blunder thinking that the two mean the same thing and no matter how factually wrong you are you won't let it go but you said that they were interchangeable and they aren't. They apply to 12 individuals with exactly one replacement upon death of another making a grand total of 13 all time Apostles. But the number never exceeded 12 at one time because it was a symbol of the 12 tribes, the reason why Matthias replaced Judas, to keep the number AT TWELVE.

Ay Ay Ay dude, let it go. Revelation 21:14

...twelve Apostles of the Lamb.

My perspective?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

While the terms apostle and disciple are used interchangeable in the Preserved word of God. One place it says he names 12 disciples in another it say he names 12 Apostles.

This is how I know you are not very familiar with the preserved word of God verses whatever version that you are quoting.

also it does not say that the twelve apostles are the 12 foundations in Revelation, it merely states their names are in the twelve foundations. No where does it say the new Jerusalem is built on the twelve apostles foundations. And one of his 12 was Judas Iscariot.

edit on 23-9-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Malocchio
originally posted by: pthena
a reply to: ChesterJohn

I didn't decide that 12 Apostles were chosen to match the number of tribes in the Old Testament, Jesus did.

The go to distraction technique used to get off the topic of the fact that for the 12 tribes 12 Apostles were chosen.

The definition of Apostle is irrelevant to the fact that in Jesus Nazarene circle 12 was the maximum number of Apostles. If 12 weren't a significant number than Ephraim and Mannassah would not be called half tribes so that there would only be 12 tribed after Joseph split.

12 is a sacred number and tribes or Apostles there are "12 Apostles of the Lamb" and 12 of everything in the New Jerusalem of Revelation.

You have one problem. You have six individuals who are brothers who were called disciples. So only 8 tribes of Israel are represented in the original 12 disciples/apostles. And once you get rid of Judas Iscariot then you have only 7 tribes of Israel represented. And Simon is said to be a Canaanite. I don't remember any Tribes of Israel called Canaanite, his representation among them is the stranger who decides to live with Israel under the word of God in righteousness.

"Ye err not knowing the scriptures" Jesus Christ.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

You say that's my perspective and the Bible uses the terms Apostle and disciple interchangeably when it's not my perspective that there are only 12 but what the book ACTUALLY says itself as I have shown many times already.

But the Bible also calls others outside of the 12, “Apostles” too…that’s the standard Christian perspective and it has a direct bearing on the definition of the word “Apostle”…but like I said before, whether rightly or wrongly that’s how it’s being defined…

You seem to think I’m siding with one view over the other, but that’s simply not the case…

And the Bible doesn't use the terms interchangeably and neither does Paul, he might use the word willy nilly like he has authority to bestow it but he doesn't have the authority and never met Jesus. In fact that's what I have been saying all along.

I was just pointing out how the words are defined in the dictionary, to help explain my reply to ChesterJohn, to YOU.

Here is my original reply to ChesterJohn…

Originally posted by Joecroft - a Reply to ChesterJohn
Not sure why you are focusing on the word “Apostle”; apostle is just a person who supposedly follows Christ, but cannot be compared to the original twelve who Jesus first called…

You then highlighted my above response with this comment below…

There are 12 Apostles with the replacement of Judas as Matthias. After that no one is an Apostle.

I then felt obliged to explain it…

But remember I wrote that reply above, based on how he views the word “Apostle”, i.e. the standard Christian view…which incidentally is how most people would frame it…lol

That doesn’t mean I’m siding with that interpretation because I’m undecided on the whole issue. I just worded it that way with ChesterJohn for ease of communications…

I’m open to either interpretation because I’m not sure where I stand on the whole Paul/Apostle issue…

Keep insisting that it's me saying that there are 12 Apostles and not the Bible all you want. It's a well known tradition and part of the story and all the facts have been discussed about the self appointment of Paul as an Apostle because it is a special term that Biblically only applies to the 12 Apostles and is not at all interchangeable with disciple.

How can I put this….

I’m saying your observations are correct…but the standard Christian view which appears to be based mainly on Paul’s influence, is that others outside the twelve can also be called “Apostles” too…

Which means, if I’m discussing it with a Christian, I have to frame it from how they understand the word “Apostle”, i.e. the standard Christian one…which also just so happens to be…wait for it…the standard dictionary definition…

I can see that there is a dichotomy taking place; I’m just undecided on how best to resolve it…which means, I can’t possibly be for, or against either view…

You made a blunder thinking that the two mean the same thing and no matter how factually wrong you are you won't let it go but you said that they were interchangeable and they aren't.

I never said they meant exactly the same thing…

I said they were interchangeable in one sense, which is a big difference. Go back and check my posts if you don’t believe me…

You confirmed the same opinion with your post below…

An Apostle was a disciple.

Anyway, I appreciate your posts so far in this thread, you made some really interesting points…

Oh and thanks for praising one of my posts…

Peace…

- JC

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

take into account that Peter did not say Paul was not an apostle and he had a chance to when referencing Paul's writings, I mean really if they thought Paul was a false teacher and an anti-Christ Peter would have been bold enough, as his nature is to be, to call Paul out, not referencing his writings as being sound doctrine to be understood not wrestled to the hearers destruction. Peter and the others did recognize him even if we only we see it in silence of the others.

Did you see the reply to Malocchino claim that the 12 disciples were called in reference to each one being of each of the 12 tribes as stated in his posts? His claim does not hold any water or truth.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Did you see the reply to Malocchino claim that the 12 disciples were called in reference to each one being of each of the 12 tribes as stated in his posts? His claim does not hold any water or truth.

Mallochino has so many untruths that it is amazing that he can remember them. You are correct in that two of the Apostles had brothers who also were apostles. That along with Judas would be only nine represented and even at that it not known which tribe is of which apostle represented. This has no connection with the 144 thousand represented in Revelation of the twelve tribes.

This person is really a very ignorant self proclaimed hate filled individual.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
My responses are in parentheses.

originally posted by: Seede

The requirements to even BE an apostle are in Acts Chp. 1 (just as Malocchio pointed out). The men had to have been witnesses to Jesus' resurrection, as well as been with Jesus during His WHOLE ministry....something Paul was not a part of. So, yea...Paul was a "self proclaimed" apostle who high jacked the message Jesus came to give.

No one witnessed Jesus' resurrection.

(no, but there were many who saw Him in bodily form, not some disembodied voice, AFTER He came out of the tomb).

What is meant is that one must have had to have seen Him before and after His death and that the requirement would be best suited for one to have been with Him at the onset of His ministry. Those were man made requirements which made sense but not to say that they were set down by Jesus.

(manmade requirements? Um, I'm sorry...but, they were praying to God to show them WHO He wanted to replace Judas! Or, have you not actually read those verses in Acts 1?? Not only that, but Jesus CHOSE the twelve...ON PURPOSE. Who better to know Him than the twelve, minus one, who spent 3 1/2 years with Him? He chose them FOR A REASON...to be the TWELVE apostles that He TRAINED in His teaching AND that He gives honor to on the gates of the New Jerusalem. Funny how PAUL is not mentioned in there.)

No Paul was not converted at this time nor was he a contender to replace Judas.

(EXACTLY...Matthias was the one picked, according to the HS).

You say Paul was a self proclaimed Apostle -- "Paul was a "self proclaimed" apostle who high jacked the message Jesus came to give." I thank you for that admission that Paul indeed was an Apostle.

(Thanks for twisting my words, sir.....NO, Paul was a liar and braggart who put himself in that position. He also got called on the carpet by James, Jesus' brother. Paul then backpeddles to save his own arse...typical "MO" of him)

You see how interpretation works?

(Yes, I do. I see how your interpretation of Jesus has to go through the Paul filter, and your true "Lord and Savior" IS Paul...since Paul had "HIS gospel"...not the one of Jesus, the Son of Man).
Yet Paul states --
1Corinthians 9:1
Am I not an apostle? am I not free? have I not seen Jesus Christ our Lord? are not ye my work in the Lord?

( "I", "I", "I", "Me", "Me", "Me"....guy's pretty full of himself, don't ya think? Oh, and where does he get off on calling people he supposedly converted (ahem, lied to)..."my work in the Lord"?! Give me a freaking break. The guy took constant credit for everything...including putting himself above the TRUE disciples, AND even Jesus, too!! Good grief, it blows my mind how mind warped Paulinians are. Answer me this, "Mr. Seede"....can you see Jesus EVER, EVER, EVER, speaking like that??? Then, Paul didn't know Jesus from his own rear end. Paul never met Jesus....not even on that lonely desert road. Whoever he met was an imposter. Probably, the spirit of YHWH...who I also believe is an imposter god. Do you really believe that Jesus would change His whole teaching to the twelve and tell a murderous Pharisee/wolf to carry the message from now on?? I guess Jesus' true disciples/Apostles OF THE LAMB, missed the "memo").

And Jesus confirms what Paul states --
Act 9:15,16
(15) But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:
(16) For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

(Only if you really believe the voice speaking to Paul WAS Jesus. I don't. Paul either made it all up, or he was duped by something really, really, evil. Probably the latter, since Paul was an obnoxious, self righteous, misogynistic, arse, who cursed anyone who challenged him....kinda the way fundies act on here when their precious boy Paul is exposed for the lying creep he is.)

edit on 23-9-2016 by Matrixsurvivor because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Malocchio
I forgot to mention the difference in the reports of the outcome of the Jerusalem council as recorded by Luke and in the words of Paul which are very significant.

Acts 15 is The Council at Jerusalem

Paul and Barnabas are in a heated debate with some Judeans who insist upon circumcision as a necessity to ''be saved.''

It's decided that the Jerusalem elders and Apostles should be consulted. Apparently things ran smoothly out there where the people who knew Jesus were and Paul's house was full of dissent. This is his third trip to Jerusalem so he has had time. I think it would be above a man of Christ to argue with ''no small dissent'' about an issue that he could have consulted Christ over, had Christ actually appeared to him with Revelations and all. He must not have had his great revelation yet.

The result of the council was James asked the Holy Spirit and it was decided no, circumcision is not required among the gentiles but they must refrain from sexual immorality (fornication), meat sacrificed to idols , meat with blood and strangled animal meat.

This is given in a letter to Paul and Barnabas who get in an argument over the company of John Mark and Paul goes on his own. No mention of the letter is ever given to us by Luke, Paul or made of its contents about circumcision and idol meat.

"Remember the poor."

Is what Paul records as the only thing that he was told by James. No mention of the Holy Spirit and 4 no burden commands about eating idol meat just that they should ''remember the poor.''

Galatians is a revealing book.

Paul continues to argue about circumcision in his epistles which are years later. He calls Jerusalem and Asia the ''circumcision faction" and says anyone who gets circumcised is bound to ''the whole law'' which he considers to be ''a curse.'' He then forces Timothy (poor guy) to get circumcised! All this is after the Jerusalem council so his polemics against circumcision are slander and he later insisted that ''an idol is nothing '' so it was ok to eat the meat so long as your ''spiritually weaker brothers'' aren't around.

By spiritually weak brothers he means the Apostles who gave Paul this very command from the Holy Spirit and leader of Jerusalem brother of Jesus, James the Just. So he is blaspheming the Holy Spirit by saying that the decision of the Spirit is for the spiritually weak and can be disobeyed when the Jewish disciples aren't present.

It's a coward move as he doesn't want to get caught so he says not to do it in front of those who observe the dictates of the Holy Spirit and Church of the Nazarenes.

Revelation 2:14

But I have a few things that I hold against you: you have there some who hold to the teaching of Balaam, who taught Balak to put a stumbling block before the people of Israel, so that they would eat food sacrificed to Idols...''

Thats what Jesus thinks about eating the meat Paul says is ok to eat. Here is what he says they should do for teaching it and eating it:

"Repent then. If not, I will come to you soon and make war against them with the sword of my mouth.''

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Timothy was circumcised because he was a Jew and in order for him to accompany Paul into synagogues he needed by requirement to be circumcised, and that was before he wrote the book of Galatians.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seede

Mallochino has so many untruths that it is amazing that he can remember them. You are correct in that two of the Apostles had brothers who also were apostles. That along with Judas would be only nine represented and even at that it not known which tribe is of which apostle represented. This has no connection with the 144 thousand represented in Revelation of the twelve tribes.

This person is really a very ignorant self proclaimed hate filled individual.

No. He's not. He's very smart, not in the "Christian box", and sees way more than either you or Chester.
I see no hate coming from him either. He's been very articulate at explaining his points. Even used scripture to do so. Neither you nor Chester have come up with anything to rebut it....and you Mr. Seede, have resorted to nasty, condescending, comments. Bet Jesus would be proud.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

Timothy was circumcised because he was a Jew and in order for him to accompany Paul into synagogues he needed by requirement to be circumcised, and that was before he wrote the book of Galatians.

Huh....then Paul was full of ca-ca. He talks out of both sides of his mouth....just like a chameleon.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I have made it clear what I have shred is in the Preserved word of God. Just cut and paste the words into the bible. Like Simon an Canaanite. Or the pairs of brothers. easy to find them if you are familiar with the bible or the use of a bible program.

Smart is depending on what knowledge your are espousing. If the knowledge your are espousing is false and wrong knowledge how does that make a person smart?

I by my familiarity with scripture showed that you are in error and so is your other name in error. If you are not the same person you know each other personally, that much is obvious.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

no you are just taking things out of context and pretexting an idea into the text which is intellectually dishonest. That is what cultist do, they pretext the Bible, say it has errors and don't believe God is able to preserve his words to all generation. thereby justifying all their claims without any Biblical proof.

Is there a tribe of Israel call the Canaanties?

Simon the Canaanite was a Disciple/Apostle chosen by Jesus how could he represent one of the tribes of Israel?

Not so smart to say the twelve were representatives of the twelve tribes now is it?

so if you are to follow the kingdom gospel you must keep all the commandments found in the OT as well as what Jesus teaches in the four Gospels or you will not be saved.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

I have made it clear what I have shred is in the Preserved word of God. Just cut and paste the words into the bible. Like Simon an Canaanite. Or the pairs of brothers. easy to find them if you are familiar with the bible or the use of a bible program.

Smart is depending on what knowledge your are espousing. If the knowledge your are espousing is false and wrong knowledge how does that make a person smart?

I by my familiarity with scripture showed that you are in error and so is your other name in error. If you are not the same person you know each other personally, that much is obvious.

Is that all you can resort to? That we "know each other personally"? I do not know him, nor would I lie about it. I just agree with him and have found the same things he has, through my own research and journey.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

so if you are to follow the kingdom gospel you must keep all the commandments found in the OT as well as what Jesus teaches in the four Gospels or you will not be saved.

Well, isn't that what JESUS said? So, you believe Paul's doctrine of grace over Jesus' words?
Oh, and Jesus summed all the commandments up in "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, soul and strength...and love your neighbor as yourself".
Where as Paul CURSED those who disagreed with him. You can't see the difference in spirit there, can you?

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Galatians 1:11

Paul's Vindication of his Apostleship

That's the title in my Catholic NRSV Bible to the following passage (I know that the titles aren't in original texts but provide scholarly insight regardless).

Now Paul must be under fire if he feals the need to defend the status of Apostle as legitimate, something none of the 12 have to suffer the indignity of because there is no question that Christ named them and the Spirit chose Matthias. This is why faith plays such a strange role in Pauline theology because he knows how little credit he has and how little his "revealed gospel" makes sense.

Galatians 1:11

For I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that the gospel that was proclaimed by me is not of human origin; 12. for I did not receive it from a human source, nor was I taught it, but I received it through revelation of Jesus Christ.

No human like James, Peter or John taught Paul his "gospel" He wasn't taught it but received it by "revelation." In secret!

Matthew 24:24
Then if anyone says to you, 'Look! Here is the Messiah! or 'There he is!'---do not believe it.
For false Messiahs and false prophets will appear and prophets will appear and produce great signs and omens, to lead astray, if possible, even the elect. Take note, I have told you beforehand. So if they say, 'Look, he is in the wilderness', do not go out. If they say he is in the wilderness,' do not go out. If they say, 'Look, he is in the inner rooms' do not believe it .

Paul's claims to secret revelations and his desert (wilderness) meeting with Christ and everything he says is void as he is the false prophet of this (and other) prophecies.

He just admitted that what he teaches is different than anyone else and he is privy to revelations ''not taught" so I guess just the workings of a deranged mind.

The best proof that Paul ''invented'' Christianity, as the OP puts it, is Galatians 1:11, hands down. I was going to post about something else but this came up first and is a death blow to all the ''Paul was a team player" discussion as he clearly admits in his most self incriminating statement with regards to his status as apostate and false prophet. Claims of SECRET revelations from Christ that he imparts on the unsuspecting Roman world.
edit on 24-9-2016 by Malocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Learn to rightly divide the word of truth and you might figure it out.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join