It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Paul Invent Christianity?

page: 87
<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

you are one of those who sees the spiritual truth upon which I tried to convey. I star and salute you.

edit on 18-12-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Matrixsurvivor

The only answer is to your question about tampering is this, God's promise to preserve his words to every Generation.

Psalm 12:6, 7 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
7 Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

So there absolutely unequivocally must be one preserved Bible among the 350 plus English Bibles available today because God says he will preserve it to every generation forever. Only One Bible Stands evident to be the preserved word of God because 1) It has all the words, phrases, verses and sections in it. 2) it defines every word in it by its context. 3) It employs English words that are broad in meaning found in the Original Languages. 4) It has a built in Cross reference of his words, phrases, verses and sections. 5) It is hated as much as the living Word was at the time he was on earth. 6) It has lead more people to faith on Jesus Christ than all other versions combined to date. 7) Lifts up Jesus as the embodiment of God known as the fullness of God bodily, It teaches us that Jesus was God in the flesh, one with God from everlasting to everlasting.

Only One Bible matches all those points and that is the Authorized Version, which later in the 1800's was given a derogatory title known today as the King James Version.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: JerryMH

The battle in which Paul describes himself in Romans 7, is why he lays out the spiritual armour for men today in Ephesians. The whole battle is a spiritual battle one that we must fight as long as we are in this body of flesh. Our strength and victory is not in ourselves but in the Lord

Eph 6:10-18 finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
The armor is only to help protect us from the daily onslaught of the Devil and his emissaries, some of which are human. We are told to stand and withstand not once but four times, and the only offensive weapon we are given is the word of God, called the sword of the spirit, and its instruction of use is prayer.

Sorry, this is not our victory it is the Lord's, he has already won, we are only trying to live for him in this life and this armour is part of that life. He will get the glory for our use of the armour and the word of God.

Many Christians fail to put on this armour of God, before you sit up each morning and your feet hit the ground thanksgiving to God should be lifted up that he allowed your eyes to open once again in this life, then slip into the armour of God, Go to his word first thing and read it, and pray. before you go and do anything else. The failure of many Christians to do this daily leaves them in spiritual defeat each day and many fall into sin because of it.

The whole word of God the only offensive weapon we have should not be shredded and blasphemed but revered and respected. If you think, that is if anyone thinks, that the world of God is in error, not whole, complete, Preserved as promised, God breathed and inspired then that sword is a broken toothpick useless for nothing. And you have already conceded defeat tot he enemy.

I stand daily fully arrayed in the Armour of God but I do not claim the victory for the victory is Christi's and Christi's alone. Praise you Lord Jesus for your victorious cross the smell of life to hose who find it and the smell of death to those who reject it.

Bible says we'd know them by their love. I see your armor.. you been flinging that sword everywhere fighting off the infidels and heretics in a battle for the Lord but you have not one ounce of love displayed here. This very attitude of yours is exactly why Jesus will never show up at your stupid altar. You have no resemblance to Jesus at all and have shamed his name. Seth was right. Jesus said it over and over that he was the son of man. Yes he is unique and is the Son but he wasn't God and he wasn't born of a virgin. In fact, remember that cornerstone? Well it got rejected again. The very foundation of Christianity will have to be torn down and rebuilt. That cornerstone was the Humanity of Jesus. No, you aren't saved. Not yet, anyway.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Again it does NOT say you will know them by "their love". With a period, as you so wrongly quoted it.

Speaking to the twelve he said

John 13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
if ye have Love one to another is the quote and it is the love for each believer not men of this world, bible deniers, blasphemers and heretics.

You really have no idea what the armour or the sword is for.

The word of God is mightier than any of the orations of men.

Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
You can have your altars and rituals I will stick with Christ and his preserved words.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Again it does NOT say you will know them by "their love". With a period, as you so wrongly quoted it.

Speaking to the twelve he said

John 13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
if ye have Love one to another is the quote and it is the love for each believer not men of this world, bible deniers, blasphemers and heretics.

You really have no idea what the armour or the sword is for.

The word of God is mightier than any of the orations of men.

Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
You can have your altars and rituals I will stick with Christ and his preserved words.

Jesus loved EVERYONE....not just His disciples. If He is our example, then you can't squirm out of it by saying Jesus only taught love for other believer's.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Just wanted to add....
Do you see how going "verbatim" with the scriptures, causes one to lose all meaning of the heart of Jesus?
Jesus even loved the rich young ruler who asked how to attain eternal life. (which, by the way, Jesus told him to follow the commandments AND sell all he had, then come follow Him). Guess those commandments are pretty important (the TEN, I mean).
The selling all he had was only for that certain individual. We ALL have things we are attached to or that matter more to us than following Jesus (ie....like following Paul who was a false apostle...or worshipping a BOOK over loving others).
Paul has done a bang up job of deceiving believers into being "loveless".
They think they are being "loving", yet only extend that love to those who agree wholeheartedly with them. Which would be Paul's goobly gop....not the words of the Son of Man.
Jesus taught us to love even our enemies.
So Chester, is "loving our enemies" only for the Kingdom gospel or the Kingdom to come?
Do we ignore what Jesus said, until the New Heaven and New Earth and New Jerusalem have come?

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

The only answer is to your question about tampering is this, God's promise to preserve his words to every Generation.

Psalm 12:6, 7 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
7 Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

So there absolutely unequivocally must be one preserved Bible among the 350 plus English Bibles available today because God says he will preserve it to every generation forever. Only One Bible Stands evident to be the preserved word of God because 1) It has all the words, phrases, verses and sections in it. 2) it defines every word in it by its context. 3) It employs English words that are broad in meaning found in the Original Languages. 4) It has a built in Cross reference of his words, phrases, verses and sections. 5) It is hated as much as the living Word was at the time he was on earth. 6) It has lead more people to faith on Jesus Christ than all other versions combined to date. 7) Lifts up Jesus as the embodiment of God known as the fullness of God bodily, It teaches us that Jesus was God in the flesh, one with God from everlasting to everlasting.

Only One Bible matches all those points and that is the Authorized Version, which later in the 1800's was given a derogatory title known today as the King James Version.

Hmmm, then I guess all the people who don't have the actual "correct" version are SOL.
By the way, I didn't get "saved" reading the Bible. It's a long story...and I'm sure if I actually told it to you, you wouldn't be interested.
Actually, I think I have told it, but you probably don't remember it....pretty much because you've already categorized me as "unsaved" and not worth loving.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Matrixsurvivor boy you make a lot of assumption and pass judgement on me before finding any facts.

I have not read anywhere about your salvation testimony. I could have over looked it seeing i had ou and molocchino posting multiple posts taking up many pages of whihc it was difficult to read and see everything. At least you should give me a benefit of the doubt.

No the Gospel of Faith alone on Christ is evident in all versions however many versions of denominationally slanted. One you get truly saved the Holy Ghost is given unto each one as an earnest untill our bodies whether dead of alive are redeemed. The Holy Ghost would have kept you reading and growing in the grace of God. If one truly has the Holy Ghost they never give up on the word of God and in stead of reading the bible looking for errors, one will spend their time reading the Bible looking for truth. That search would have one day led you to Psalm 12:6, 7 which would have started a new leg on your spiritual journey to seek and find the preserved word of God.

Seems to me you gave up on most of the word of God namely the writings of Paul early on in your journey as a Christian possibly because of the lifestyle hypocrisy you had seen in others. You are meant to look inside not on others. We are taught by the word not to compare ourselves to each other. Once you gave up on the word of God you failed to retain that knowledge in you and you were given over to a reprobate mind.

You must only repent of what you have been advocating here, take up the Preserved word of God and start your upright walk again in Christ, in his power and victory and live for him. You have until that deadline to live for him or forever seal your justification in your works of the law.

Merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   

You have not yet realized the importance of the word of God and what it ways compared to what people want it to say.

Of course God loves all men but in the end only those who come to him through Christ will receive the benefits of that love.

I am correct the verse does not say you will just "know them by their love" but by "their love for one another". Things that are different are not the same no matter on how much anyone twists them to suit their own personal interpreted narrative.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

No the Gospel of Faith alone on Christ is evident in all versions however many versions of denominationally slanted.

Correct...

Its dead...

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Seems to me you gave up on most of the word of God namely the writings of Paul early on in your journey as a Christian possibly because of the lifestyle hypocrisy you had seen in others.

Not true. I believed just as you for over 20 years. It was the HOLY SPIRIT in the FIRST place that gave me that "check" in my spirit that the words of Paul were bogus. I however, ignored that "check" for over 2 decades (esp. after getting involved in various non denominational churches), until finally one day...I had a belly full and decided to investigate Paul. Guess what? I wasn't the only one out there in "Christendom" who had seen through him and actually saw much of the discrepancies I'd found and had all along.
You see Chester, "where's there's smoke, there's a fire". Paul has had more controversy surrounding him than anyone else in that book...except for maybe YHWH.
Paul was not an apostle, nor did his doctrine align with Jesus'. It's that simple. Even you have admitted that there are "two" gospels....and you've chosen to follow Paul's, rather than Jesus.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Though you may believe that to be true, the Holy Ghost being one with God (1John 5:7) would never contradict himself by sending forth Paul as seen in an earlier post, and then telling you and others privatesly that Paul was not sent, not an Apostle and a liar.

Sorry the preserved word of God says other wise.

You are either delusional, misled or not saved. I am not judgeing but by your words alone and seeing you put it upon yourself to judge the Holy Ghost/God/Jesus you are in a spot I would not want to be with in nor would I wish it upon anyone or you.

I pray you come back to the truth of God's preserved word and repent of this thy folly.

edit on 19-12-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

A 20 year Baby Christian who churched hopped a lot is what it sounds like to me.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

A 20 year Baby Christian who churched hopped a lot is what it sounds like to me.

The first church I actually joined...I was there for 13 years. The second I was there for 6.
I didn't "church hop". I've visited others with friends.
Baby Christian? Oky doke.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Though you may believe that to be true, the Holy Ghost being one with God (1John 5:7) would never contradict himself by sending forth Paul as seen in an earlier post, and then telling you and others privatesly that Paul was not sent, not an Apostle and a liar.

First off and again, the HS is not a "he"...it's a feminine noun in the Hebrew, which is ANOTHER screwed up translation that those who put the Bible together, did. Go look it up if you don't believe me. A "comforter" is a feminine trait. Second, just because PAUL claimed the "supposed" spirit was the one who sent him, does not make it true. Paul lied his rear end off...many times. If the HS is the "spirit of TRUTH"; then how could Paul have had it if he was constantly back peddling to save his own rear? Not only that, but he had to constantly say, "I'm NOT LYING!". Wonder who was accusing him of lying? (maybe those true disciples of Jesus...you know, the one's who Paul labeled "judaizers")...which wasn't even a word until Paul came up with it. Guess Paul had issues with LOVING people, though he wrote a beautiful explanation of love in 1st. Corinthians. Unfortunately, Paul couldn't follow his own "love" explanation. He turned people over to Satan, put himself above the true disciples/apostles, subjugated women to men, and basically flipped his lid when people did things he said was "sinful". Guess he forgot all those love verses.
(which is exactly what Pauline Christians do....you've done the exact same to me. You've judged my salvation, told me a true follower of "God" doesn't say "crap", etc., said your wife knows when to "be quiet" in church, and also made it clear that I should be AFRAID of not believing in the WHOLE BIBLE as the WORD of God. Yea, you have done everything you can to insist that I need to FEAR God. While Jesus taught over 365 times, "do not fear". So, if I only trust Jesus, what do I have to fear, Chester?

Sorry the preserved word of God says other wise.

Well, you see Chester, I don't believe that book is "preserved" just because ONE Psalm said God would preserve it. That Psalm actually belongs to the TANAHK, not the whole dang book (which includes the New Testament). Paul didn't even exist when that Psalm was written.

I am not judgeing but by your words alone and seeing you put it upon yourself to judge the Holy Ghost/God/Jesus you are in a spot I would not want to be with in nor would I wish it upon anyone or you.

Yes....you are judging me. You have judged my salvation, my mental stability, and my understanding of scripture...oh, and that I don't have the "Holy Ghost" (which is not a correct term for the Ruach Qodesh....which is FEMININE. Once again, because I do not think PAUL is a true apostle, but choose to listen to Jesus only...I'm either delusional, misled, or not saved. OR, is it because I don't believe the WHOLE book? Is that why in your mind I'm "delusional, misled, and not saved"? It all comes down to believing the whole book. Right? Or, does it just come down to believing 'faith alone", like Paul taught? Though, Jesus didn't.

Do you know what I see in you? Fear.
However, "perfect love casts out fear". Right?

edit on 19-12-2016 by Matrixsurvivor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
anyone know where Calebs speech is from ?

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: kibric

The video was blocked. Was it a boy who was possessed? Does this video relate to the topic at all?

edit on 19-12-2016 by Matrixsurvivor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
It seems useless to show you the truth as you deny it even when shown you are wrong.

You say the Holy Ghost is a female but God's word in all versions says the Holy Ghost is a He.

John14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
John 15:26 ¶ But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
Joh 16:7 ¶ Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you
Ac 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
1Co 12:11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
God's word is right and you are once again wrong.

If you will only believe God's words you would not believe such foolishness. Again you blaspheme against the Holy Ghost which is an unpardonable sin. Sorry but the only conclusion here that I or anyone else could make is that you are not saved, nor a true follower of Jesus. Because you believe not the words of God and you say things against God, and the Holy Ghost things that no one truly filled with the Holy Ghost would ever say.

Whatever spirit is leading you , guiding you and speaking to you is not the Holy Ghost and it is not of God.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

nevermind
found it

it's beautiful

“O my Lord, my love, how wholly delectable thou art! Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth, for his love is sweeter than wine: How lovely is thy countenance! How pleasant are thy embraces! My heart leaps for joy when I hear the voice of thee my Lord, my love, when thou sayest to my soul, thou art her salvation. O my God, my king, what am I but dust! A worm, a rebel, and thine enemy was I, wallowing in the blood and filth of my sins, when thou didst cast the light of Countenance upon me, when thou spread over me the lap of thy love, and saidest that I should live!”

John Winthrop

edit on 19-12-2016 by kibric because: boo

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

It seems useless to show you the truth as you deny it even when shown you are wrong.

Guess I could say the same to you. You DENY it even when shown you are wrong. The only leg you have to stand on is "THE BOOK". It doesn't matter if people have shown you holes in "said book". The only refute you have is, "well, if it's in the book...and you disagree...then you are WRONG". Right?

You say the Holy Ghost is a female but God's word in all versions says the Holy Ghost is a He.

tiepolo40203Abstract: There is currently much talk of "feminine issues," particularly in social and political contexts. This growing awareness of gender-related matters was not something ignored by the early Church and the writers of ancient religious texts. As we see in this article by Dr. Hurtak, the notion of femininity played an extremely important and significant role in the thinking and belief system of the intertestamental authors. Far from being the overbearing patriarchal advocates as they are often portrayed, more recent findings reveal an innate sensitivity and appreciation for the feminine aspect of Divinity than has been previously suspected. For this reason, this particular article becomes a meaningful and insightful contribution to the current discussion of the role of the female in modern times. Once more we find a rich and profound history reshaping the future even as it unfolds before our eyes.

A new response to the "image" of the Holy Spirit is taking shape quietly in scholarly circles throughout the world, as the result of new findings in the Dead Sea Scriptures, the Coptic Nag Hammadi and intertestamental texts of Jewish mystics found side-by-side the writings of the early Christian church. Scholars are recognizing the Holy Spirit as the "female vehicle" for the outpouring of higher teaching and spiritual rebirth. The Holy Spirit plays varied roles in Judeo-Christian traditions: acting in Creation, imparting wisdom, and inspiring Old Testament prophets. In the New Testament She is the presence of God in the world and a power in the birth and life of Jesus.

AND THIS....

Semitic languages[edit]

In Hebrew the word for Spirit (רוה) (ruach) is feminine, (which is used in the Hebrew Bible, as is the feminine word "shekhinah" used in rabbinical writings, to indicate the presence of God, سكينة Sakinah in Arabic language, a word mentioned six times in the Quran).

In the Syriac language too, the grammatically feminine word rucha means "spirit", and writers in that language, both orthodox and Gnostic, used maternal images when speaking of the Holy Spirit. This imagery is found in the fourth-century theologians Aphrahat and Ephraim. It is found in earlier writings of Syriac Christianity such as the Odes of Solomon[7] and in the early-third-century Gnostic Acts of Thomas:

God's word is right and you are once again wrong.

Only if you believe (as you do) that the ONLY truth on the planet is the King James Version of the Bible. I beg to differ, though.

If you will only believe God's words you would not believe such foolishness.

What foolishness? That I actually research the origins of the Bible and want to understand why things in it contradict?
That is foolishness?
Maybe I should just "check my brain" at the door and not question at all...you know, like you. Then, I won't be fooled.
NOT.

Again you blaspheme against the Holy Ghost which is an unpardonable sin. Sorry but the only conclusion here that I or anyone else could make is that you are not saved, nor a true follower of Jesus.

I'M not a TRUE follower of Jesus, because I only LISTEN to Jesus, while you, however, listen to PAUL over Jesus. So, you are saved and I'm not. Oh, and I'm blaspheming due to not listening to Paul. (it really isn't the HS I'm not listening to...just Paul).

Because you believe not the words of God and you say things against God, and the Holy Ghost things that no one truly filled with the Holy Ghost would ever say.

Why? Because (once again), I take to heart what Jesus said, "the comforter (HS) and SHE...will come to you and "REMIND YOU OF EVERYTHING I TAUGHT YOU."

Not remind you of PAUL'S stupid doctrine....but what JESUS SAID.

What's the problem with the HS being a feminine aspect of the Creator anyway, Chester?
Maybe the "Patriarchs", or those who actually PENNED the Bible, can't allow any feminine aspects to God. You know, cause women are basically created to SERVE men. Right?

Whatever spirit is leading you , guiding you and speaking to you is not the Holy Ghost and it is not of God.

Well, I can say the same of you. Cause, whatever spirit is leading you is of PAUL....not the Spirit of Truth that filled Jesus.

new topics

top topics

<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join