It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Paul Invent Christianity?

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Malocchio
It's not a war on "free thought" as Paul himself gives further details about the subject you quoted and twisted.

It's a response to your spin, ever thought about going into politics? Twisting what someone is saying and then pretending that the person whose words you've spun to paint a picture can't explain what he was talking about himself? You hear from Paul what you want to hear, ignore the rest. Anything that fits with the picture in your mind of Paul is great, anything that doesn't fit is not important for you. This is the same thing the Pharisees did to Jesus, watching him closely to see if they could catch him doing or saying anything they could pound on, anything that doesn't fit the bill is not gonna get him out of the crosshairs. Luke 6:7:

The scribes and the Pharisees were now watching Jesus closely to see whether he would cure on the Sabbath, in order to find some way to accuse him.

That's what you're doing to everything Paul ever wrote (but then again, you don't want to consider anything the bible says, let alone quotations from Jesus).

It's not a war on "free thought", your spin/twist is false, deceitful and slanderous. It demonstrates the opposite of the fruits of the spirit that are related to the subject of the peace of Christ and the peace of God.
edit on 15-10-2016 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Paul is a sinister deceptive false prophet and softening the meaning of his words by creating your own meaning is fine because you wish to save your (false) apostle from being exposed.

Too late. I have provided more than evidence but proof of his war with the Apostles of Christ, his inconsistencies and grandiose claims I have shown to be lies and lies.

You are welcome to read through the 25+ pages of material I have contributed to for this thread and try and counter my logic with rationalizing and speculation but I have been using Paul's own words to indict him so...good luck.

Paul is the false prophet predicted in Matthew 24 and from Revelation he is the ''Balaam" figure and a false apostle per the letter to Ephesus from John.

All 7 of the Churches in Revelation had rejected Paul in his own words he admits this and you think you can rescue him?

You're just one who conforms to societies standards when it comes to religion and not someone who scrutinizes the book you claim to follow. And that's fine if that's your goal.

You can't have 13 Apostles the max is 12, one per tribe confirmed in the Vision of New Jerusalem in Revelation.
edit on 15-10-2016 by Malocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Malocchio

Paul is a sinister deceptive false prophet and softening the meaning of his words by creating your own meaning is fine because you wish to save your (false) apostle from being exposed.

Too late. I have provided more than evidence but proof of his war with the Apostles of Christ, his inconsistencies and grandiose claims I have shown to be lies and lies.

You are welcome to read through the 25+ pages of material I have contributed to for this thread and try and counter my logic with rationalizing and speculation but I have been using Paul's own words to indict him so...good luck.

Paul is the false prophet predicted in Matthew 24 and from Revelation he is the ''Balaam" figure and a false apostle per the letter to Ephesus from John.

All 7 of the Churches in Revelation had rejected Paul in his own words he admits this and you think you can rescue him?

You're just one who conforms to societies standards when it comes to religion and not someone who scrutinizes the book you claim to follow. And that's fine if that's your goal.

You can't have 13 Apostles the max is 12, one per tribe confirmed in the Vision of New Jerusalem in Revelation.

Right on, bro....

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

It's a response to your spin, ever thought about going into politics? Twisting what someone is saying and then pretending that the person whose words you've spun to paint a picture can't explain what he was talking about himself?

That is your beloved "Paul" to a "T". He's notorious for spewing out pretty sounding spiritual jargon, then turning around and losing his cool, cursing people, saving his own hide when he was in the hot seat, demeaning women, demeaning the true apostles, and basically contradicting the "Savior" he professed to die for.
He probably spent his time "in prison" in some cushy Roman palace, writing all those letters to all those who believed his BS...except for Ephesus, who TURNED AWAY FROM HIM, which would be one of the same churches that Jesus sent an angel to, to speak to John...and commended them in Rev. 2 for TURNING AWAY from the false apostle who was full of BS.
So, how do YOU explain that?? Who do you think Jesus was talking about??
Bet you won't answer that question, though. Just like you or Chester or anyone else defending Paul, none of you can explain ANY of those things brought to your attention regarding Paul.
No, you just hang on to all that pretty spiritual jargon, never catching onto the stuff he said that was awful or contradictory to the SON OF GOD.

edit on 15-10-2016 by Matrixsurvivor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Thanks Akragon, for starting this interesting thread.I believe Paul's been a key player in the development of and spread of Christianity as we know it. Imo divinely inspired, even if not everyone feels that way.

I feel the story of his conversion in the scriptures and the messages he bared on behalf of Jesus continue to resonate with many today.

I feel one's emotions can't help but to fire up people, when it comes to finding perspective on topics like this.Everyone is at there own point in their spiritual journey, so it's natural to find it challenging to make sense of the scriptures.In a way, I feel the Bible is a history of that path.It speaks to us on different levels depending on how we grow.

Paul's story is an example of one way, someone came to an understanding of Jesus message and how he tried to make a difference moving forward.I can't put myself in Paul's shoes or know for sure the entire mystery of how that worked, but in my own life I can relate to this part of the Bible.How one's perspective can change dramatically once they have a closer relationship with the divine.Sometimes, someone loses their way and starts to hate the things they can't understand.The adversity life throws at us, being spiritual beings in a physical world.Tough lessons to learn, long dark nights and the loss of faith in all things good.

I felt that way, in the past. Looking for answers to questions I didn't want to ask.I feel the story of Paul's conversion shows how someone going down the wrong path can have a calling to change their ways and and feel whole again after fighting a losing battle with themselves.I think anyone who has the sudden realization of the message the Gospels hold, couldn't help but question themselves deeply and more closely examine how they have treated everyone.

Jesus, is known for his kindness and forgiving sins.It's written that he would send a comforter, someone who help council the faithful and grow in their love. Idk, this is a uncomfortable topic but I imagine that I'm not alone having lived with regrets of how I've missed the mark in the past.Some things are easier to forgive then others, the pain takes time to heal, and let's face it sometimes the hardest person to forgive is ourselves.

The story of Jesus sacrifice talks to me, his gift gave me a way to find forgiveness for things that are difficult to describe.It's almost like his actions were able to create a rift in time and space throughout the universe.Everything converging in a singularity of sorts, a seed of unity consciousness.

I feel that Paul felt much the same way, being called by the Spirit to share a different understanding of the same message.Sometimes, it can feel like no amount of good works can cut it, faith is required for those who find themselves in that position. After all, sometimes one doesn't even believe in themselves.For people like that, seeing their faith come to life is a mystical experience they will never forget.

It's said he was called to minister to the Gentiles.I think his message makes more sense to those who have gone down dark occult paths or felt called unconsciously or kicking and screaming into the deepest depths of their psyche on their spiritual journey.The appearance of the Teacher, can often be a last chance for someone to feel forgiven directly for their trespass, even when they haven't been able to forgive themselves.This opportunity can easily escape one's imagination and give them a new lease on life.It's a mystery how it unfolds, yet a genuine spiritual experience as one moves forward on the path to self realization.

I feel everyone will come to their own understanding in time, it's bittersweet sometimes how we get there.I don't wish that kind of pain on anyone, though there is always a way to find for those genuinely seeking.It's not the same experience for everyone.
edit on 16-10-2016 by dffrntkndfnml because: spacing

edit on 16-10-2016 by dffrntkndfnml because: x2

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: dffrntkndfnml
Thanks Akragon, for starting this interesting thread.I believe Paul's been a key player in the development of and spread of Christianity as we know it. Imo divinely inspired, even if not everyone feels that way.

You are entitled to your opinion and you being so polite makes me not want be combative.

But have you even considered that his words aren't divinely inspired and that the only reason people think they are is because they are in the Bible?

The other reason people think this is because they are familiar with out of context quotes only and haven't actually read the entire New Testament start to finish and compared Paul's teachings to Jesus' teachings and have failed to realize that they are not just incompatible but opposed.

I suggest if you are going to call something ''divinley inspired" you familiarize yourself with the contents. If they are divinley inspired than why is he always complaining and insulting people who disagree with him? And lying?

Why is he an enemy of the Apostles of Christ? He compares them to Satan for f's sake and you think he is their friend?

Why don't the Apostles consider Paul an Apostle but he considers himself one?

I could (and have been) go on for days.

I feel the story of his conversion in the scriptures and the messages he bared on behalf of Jesus continue to resonate with many today.

His story is just that, a story. The only one who tells it is the author of Acts and the love Paul has for boasting and the need he has to prove he isn't lying tells me this story is a product of ''Luke" and not "Paul."

His "teachings" only resonate with those who get them second hand or are anti Semitic.

It's the promise of Heaven for those who believe him that "resonates" with Christians and his anti Torah teachings. The Christian thinks the Torah is cancelled even though Christ says it will never be. They think living according to the commandments is too hard. Paul teaches you can sin and go to Heaven if you have accepted Paul's gospel because of ''God's" grace.

Yeah right. Read the OT, that aint his style.

Doing good deeds to earn the right to go to heaven is loathsome to the Christian who prefers to do nothing and rely on the false promises of grace rewarding blind faith in not the teachings of Christ (too hard?) but the lies of Paul (interpreted by a Pastor of course because reading is hard).

I feel one's emotions can't help but to fire up people, when it comes to finding perspective on topics like this.Everyone is at there own point in their spiritual journey, so it's natural to find it challenging to make sense of the scriptures.In a way, I feel the Bible is a history of that path.It speaks to us on different levels depending on how we grow.

Paul's story is an example of one way, someone came to an understanding of Jesus message

Paul doesn't understand or have knowledge of Christs teachings because they never met.

He teaches ''my (his) gospel" that he learned from ''no man" CLAIMING direct revelation from Christ.

Easily proved false as Christ has teachings that Paul has no knowledge of and nothing Paul teaches was taught by Christ.

and how he tried to make a difference moving forward.I can't put myself in Paul's shoes or know for sure the entire mystery of how that worked,

Because it didn't happen. It's not a mystery just a nonsensical fabrication designed to convert the uneducated masses and pacify them making them easier for Rome to control.

but in my own life I can relate to this part of the Bible.How one's perspective can change dramatically once they have a closer relationship with the divine.Sometimes, someone loses their way and starts to hate the things they can't understand.The adversity life throws at us, being spiritual beings in a physical world.Tough lessons to learn, long dark nights and the loss of faith in all things good.

And sometimes you can't defeat your enemies and join them to corrupt their system beyond recognition, like Paul.

I felt that way, in the past. Looking for answers to questions I didn't want to ask.I feel the story of Paul's conversion shows how someone going down the wrong path can have a calling to change their ways and and feel whole again after fighting a losing battle with themselves.I think anyone who has the sudden realization of the message the Gospels hold, couldn't help but question themselves deeply and more closely examine how they have treated everyone.

When exactly did Paul repent?

He didn't even pretend remorse for being a murderer but claims he was "blameless."

You need to read the Bible because your version of events is sounding like oral misinterpreted priestly tradition.

Not what the Bible records.

Jesus, is known for his kindness and forgiving sins.It's written that he would send a comforter, someone who help council the faithful and grow in their love. Idk, this is a uncomfortable topic but I imagine that I'm not alone having lived with regrets of how I've missed the mark in the past.Some things are easier to forgive then others, the pain takes time to heal, and let's face it sometimes the hardest person to forgive is ourselves.

The story of Jesus sacrifice talks to me, his gift gave me a way to find forgiveness for things that are difficult to describe.It's almost like his actions were able to create a rift in time and space throughout the universe.Everything converging in a singularity of sorts, a seed of unity consciousness.

I feel that Paul felt much the same way, being called by the Spirit to share a different understanding of the same message.Sometimes, it can feel like no amount of good works can cut it, faith is required for those who find themselves in that position. After all, sometimes one doesn't even believe in themselves.For people like that, seeing their faith come to life is a mystical experience they will never forget.

It's said he was called to minister to the Gentiles.I think his message makes more sense to those who have gone down dark occult paths or felt called unconsciously or kicking and screaming into the deepest depths of their psyche on their spiritual journey.The appearance of the Teacher, can often be a last chance for someone to feel forgiven directly for their trespass, even when they haven't been able to forgive themselves.This opportunity can easily escape one's imagination and give them a new lease on life.It's a mystery how it unfolds, yet a genuine spiritual experience as one moves forward on the path to self realization.

I feel everyone will come to their own understanding in time, it's bittersweet sometimes how we get there.I don't wish that kind of pain on anyone, though there is always a way to find for those genuinely seeking.It's not the same experience for everyone.

I think you are offering opinions from an emotional place and not scholarly analysis of the Bible.

Paul was a bad guy if you take the time to investigate you will see it.

Right now you're just obeying the Churches, who are historically corrupt and guilty of more sins than any religion in history, FALSE interpretation of the New Testament.

A book never meant to get into the hands of the laity.

And I can see why. Can you?
edit on 16-10-2016 by Malocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Thanks for the reply Malocchio.This thread has been great food for thought, and many good points have been raised.

I look to Jesus example for leadership, and I can imagine why others feel this way about Paul.I used to feel the same way, in the past.

I disagree with that perspective now, though it's been so long since I felt that way that it's hard for me to trace the course life took as these feelings changed.I respect your perspective and feel like going over the entire thread again is just going to have me sounding like CJ all over again.

I don't know the hearts of men, but don't subscribe to Paul being an enemy of the faith or any of the conspiracy that surround that.Idk, perhaps I'll go back over the thread and try to bring up some other comments I have to offer.It's just hard sometimes to see everyone get hung up on the scriptures and all the other information that is available to us now about times gone past.

I felt like speaking up, because all back in forth of quoting verses and debating theology takes away from the human element and what the principles mean to us today.That's why I shared my perspective.

It's the promise of Heaven for those who believe him that "resonates" with Christians and his anti Torah teachings. The Christian thinks the Torah is cancelled even though Christ says it will never be. They think living according to the commandments is too hard. Paul teaches you can sin and go to Heaven if you have accepted Paul's gospel because of ''God's" grace.

Doing good deeds to earn the right to go to heaven is loathsome to the Christian who prefers to do nothing and rely on the false promises of grace rewarding blind faith in not the teachings of Christ (too hard?) but the lies of Paul (interpreted by a Pastor of course because reading is hard).

Idk, I was hoping my other post would have shed some light on what Grace could mean to someone.I don't think following the Golden Rule or practicing loving God with one's whole heart is a difficult teaching.When it was hard for me, was when I didn't recognize my own reflection in others eyes.

I'm sorry you feel that way about Paul's gospel.It just isn't that easy, it's very hard actually to see what he's saying.Simple belief isn't enough, good works aren't enough, I feel he was trying to reach out to the unforgiven, the outcasts, the hated.Individuals who hated themselves.Truely lost souls who saw no chance for redemption.Some have described his message as carnal.Maybe it's carnal because something physically happens to an individual to help them see a better way.People can go through the motions, but their only cheating themselves unless they practice getting their mind, body, and heart are all on the same page.He isn't the only one who has been blinded by the light.

I believe Paul knows Christ through the Holy Spirit.

I feel Paul would have repented shortly after his experience on the road to Damascus.Sometimes I do still wonder if he ever forgave himself for persecuting the early Church or the stoning of Stephen.In retrospect, I imagine this would have weighed heavy on his conscious regardless of his success in his missionary work.

Politics and religion is like playing with fire.It's good for us to have a place to debate issues and try to understand each other better.I don't take the bible literally, and feel religion is best placed in the context of spirituality.

The church exists beyond buildings, politics and religions, in our hearts and the way we treat each other.If you can't relate to Paul's story or what the scriptures record about him, that's ok. I wish those trying to make sense of the Bible and the Good News don't have to go there.If they can develope a personal relationship with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, without learning the hard way, all the better.This is just a reminder that appearances can be very deceiving.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

It just isn't that easy, it's very hard actually to see what he's saying.Simple belief isn't enough, good works aren't enough,

Seems to me Jesus said his yoke was easy, and his burden was light

"Faith" isn't enough, though the guy you're defending seemed to think so...

Good post btw

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

You called him right.

I posted on Malocchino/Gnosisisfaith, false Gospel of Matthew Teaching showing by the context the baptism of the Holy Ghost, and with fire. Was not gifts but judgement of men, particularly Israel.

I have shown by the context three times in this thread that Malocchino/Gnosisisfaith teachings from out of context verse to be false. Three times the scriptures have witnessed he is a false teacher to whom we are to avoid and not even great him with a good day or a good by

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

But why haven't you admitted yet that one of the Apostles is not even a Jew but a Canaanite?

You have divorced so many scriptures from context and used and twisted Paul's words just like Peter said to prove Paul is false. Yet I have showed three times that you are the false teacher not Paul. Just go to page 31 last post and see the latest proof of Malocchino/Gnosisisfaith false teaching is inaccurate by the context of the scriptures he tried to twist.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: dffrntkndfnml
Thanks for the reply Malocchio.This thread has been great food for thought, and many good points have been raised.

I look to Jesus example for leadership, and I can imagine why others feel this way about Paul.I used to feel the same way, in the past.

Jesus is a good leader, role model and even the modern Jew will admit this.

Though I can't say that about Paul, they see him as the founder of anti Semitic theology and I don't disagree. I know you understand why I feel the way I do about Paul if you felt the same once.

I have tried to approach Paul from other perspectives and no matter what he comes across as hateful (unless you agree with him) and one who decieves even himself.

Even in the mythical context of scripture with ressurection and virgin births his story is unbelievable and inconsistent. Acts is a farce attempting to unify two sects of completely different beliefs into one and present Paul as a team player.

Only Paul does not make any attempt to convince his readers of this and states the opposite.

I disagree with that perspective now, though it's been so long since I felt that way that it's hard for me to trace the course life took as these feelings changed.I respect your perspective and feel like going over the entire thread again is just going to have me sounding like CJ all over again.

I don't know the hearts of men, but don't subscribe to Paul being an enemy of the faith or any of the conspiracy that surround that.Idk, perhaps I'll go back over the thread and try to bring up some other comments I have to offer.It's just hard sometimes to see everyone get hung up on the scriptures and all the other information that is available to us now about times gone past.

I felt like speaking up, because all back in forth of quoting verses and debating theology takes away from the human element and what the principles mean to us today.That's why I shared my perspective.

Idk, I was hoping my other post would have shed some light on what Grace could mean to someone.I don't think following the Golden Rule or practicing loving God with one's whole heart is a difficult teaching.When it was hard for me, was when I didn't recognize my own reflection in others eyes.

I'm sorry you feel that way about Paul's gospel.It just isn't that easy, it's very hard actually to see what he's saying.Simple belief isn't enough, good works aren't enough, I feel he was trying to reach out to the unforgiven, the outcasts, the hated.Individuals who hated themselves.Truely lost souls who saw no chance for redemption.Some have described his message as carnal.Maybe it's carnal because something physically happens to an individual to help them see a better way.People can go through the motions, but their only cheating themselves unless they practice getting their mind, body, and heart are all on the same page.He isn't the only one who has been blinded by the light.

I believe Paul knows Christ through the Holy Spirit.

I feel Paul would have repented shortly after his experience on the road to Damascus.Sometimes I do still wonder if he ever forgave himself for persecuting the early Church or the stoning of Stephen.In retrospect, I imagine this would have weighed heavy on his conscious regardless of his success in his missionary work.

Politics and religion is like playing with fire.It's good for us to have a place to debate issues and try to understand each other better.I don't take the bible literally, and feel religion is best placed in the context of spirituality.

The church exists beyond buildings, politics and religions, in our hearts and the way we treat each other.If you can't relate to Paul's story or what the scriptures record about him, that's ok. I wish those trying to make sense of the Bible and the Good News don't have to go there.If they can develope a personal relationship with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, without learning the hard way, all the better.This is just a reminder that appearances can be very deceiving.

Well, I guess you have bought back into the wide path version of Christianity and forsaken the narrow path for religion with its unquestionable doctrines and dogmas.

If you knew that Paul was not right but have changed your mind and now buy into his claims of personal revelation I don't know what to tell you.

I am guessing that you have had conversations with fundamental Christians who brought you back into the fold, but it's a guess not an assumption.

All I will say is you had to guess as to when Paul actually repented as it's not recorded in scripture and after his ''conversion" he boasts he was previously ''blameless" even as a persecutor for Rome.

If you want to know why I believe Paul is the predicted false prophet read my comments, I have explained myself well.

Matthew 24:23 warned about Paul and matches Paul perfectly and Revelation once studied reveals it. It's not that the Bible is wrong but that people don't analyze it and realize it is two religions.

The True religion of the Messiah vs. the false gospel of Paul and sacrificial atonement.

Acts has Paul being accused of false teachings and submitting to a ritual to purify himself and prove he was walking in the Way.

He would never submit to punishment for something he was innocent of and this submission is proof of guilt.

As soon as he parted ways he never again was in touch with the Apostles and proclaimed his independence.

If you love Jesus and his true Apostles but don't recognize their enemy as an enemy as history and the Bible do... where is the truth in that?

I can forgive Paul and anyone else even if they don't repent because it's how I believe one should be...love your enemies.

But accept the teachings of a false prophet who hated the friends and Apostles of my Spiritual Messiah?

Never. But peace be with you.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

You called him right.

I posted on Malocchino/Gnosisisfaith, false Gospel of Matthew Teaching showing by the context the baptism of the Holy Ghost, and with fire. Was not gifts but judgement of men, particularly Israel.

I have shown by the context three times in this thread that Malocchino/Gnosisisfaith teachings from out of context verse to be false. Three times the scriptures have witnessed he is a false teacher to whom we are to avoid and not even great him with a good day or a good by

Chester...stop fibbing you've done nothing of the sort and only wish you could do what you claim to have done.

I have taken nothing out of context.

That's the go to phrase for fundies who are confronted with accurate and disturbing content in scripture.

You can make the accusation but can't prove that I took anything out of context because I didn't.

Unless accurate recollection of scripture and properly explaining the meaning is now the definition of ''out of context."

It isn't.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Just because Simon was from Phoenicia (that eras name for Canaan) doesn't make him a Canaanite.

Simon was Hebrew, not a Canaanite, a people who scripture has exterminated by Joshua.

I guess you are not familiar with the fact that Jews lived in other places besides Judea and more lived abroad than in Judea.

Lol. He was still a Hebrew/Israelite.

Just like a Jew from Alexandria would be called an Alexandrian, Simon the Canaanite (Phoenician) lived in Phoenicia and was called a Canaanite (Phoenician) because of residence.

Not race. And if he was a Phoenician/Canaanite that makes no difference to the number of Apostles or the reason 12 were selected to equal the number of tribes.

Read the Vision of New Jerusalem in Revelation.

You make this easy...and fun!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

remember the Works of the law are burdensome and that is heavy, faith in Jesus is light. In a previous age Israel and anyone who wanted to be part of the Kingdom not only had to have faith but also follow the Law of Moses.

The Jerusalem gathering supposed that no Gentile should be subjected to the law of Moses.

But the context of your verse should always be connected to the verse so that anyone can tell what is being said.

Mt 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Ac 15:22 ¶ Then pleased it the apostles and elders, with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas; namely, Judas surnamed Barsabas, and Silas, chief men among the brethren:
23 And they wrote letters by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia:
24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:
25 It seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,
26 Men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
27 We have sent therefore Judas and Silas, who shall also tell you the same things by mouth.
28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;
29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.
Light is not the visible light, but the opposite of heavy being not heavy.

I find it amazing that Mallocchino and others think things like the Apostles knew Paul was a false prophet and teacher yer trusted him with letters to the gentiles churches in Asia (the greater area of turkey today), and that the ALL the churches in Revelation didn't rejected Paul when all of those places were those churches were he was the one whose disciples planted but he himself started Ephesus, which is the first church mentioned in Rev 1

Re 1:11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
and Laodicea was also a church that Paul visited and wrote a letter too.

What happens to false teachers is sooner or later their whole teaching begins to unravel as they get all tangled and tripped up in their twisting of their own web of out of context scriptures. Mallocchino is not to be trusted as to spreading any truth but shold be obvious to all he is a twister of scriptures creating a false narrative of Paul Reject scriptures as applicable to him, except when they suit his purpose. Then claims that is what other are doing.

Akragon, I know you have seen the post I have made concerning the Apostles representing Israel in Revelation and he seemed to over look the fact that one was a Canaanite. No Canaanite is of the tribe of Israel. I know you have seen he over looked the fact that the twelve Apostles did trust Paul as found in Acts 15, and I know you have seen the proof he falsely taught about the baptism with] fire as the Holy Ghost giving of spiritual gifts after purifying a man of his personal chaff.

Theses twistings of scriptures is exactly what Peter taught about men like Malocchino/Gnosisisfaith and others who oppose Paul and the truth of God's word.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: Akragon

remember the Works of the law are burdensome and that is heavy, faith in Jesus is light. In a previous age Israel and anyone who wanted to be part of the Kingdom not only had to have faith but also follow the Law of Moses.

The Jerusalem gathering supposed that no Gentile should be subjected to the law of Moses.

But the context of your verse should always be connected to the verse so that anyone can tell what is being said.

Mt 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Ac 15:22 ¶ Then pleased it the apostles and elders, with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas; namely, Judas surnamed Barsabas, and Silas, chief men among the brethren:
23 And they wrote letters by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia:
24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:
25 It seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,
26 Men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
27 We have sent therefore Judas and Silas, who shall also tell you the same things by mouth.
28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;
29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.
Light is not the visible light, but the opposite of heavy being not heavy.

I find it amazing that Mallocchino and others think things like the Apostles knew Paul was a false prophet and teacher yer trusted him with letters to the gentiles churches in Asia (the greater area of turkey today), and that the ALL the churches in Revelation didn't rejected Paul when all of those places were those churches were he was the one whose disciples planted but he himself started Ephesus, which is the first church mentioned in Rev 1

Re 1:11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
and Laodicea was also a church that Paul visited and wrote a letter too.

What happens to false teachers is sooner or later their whole teaching begins to unravel as they get all tangled and tripped up in their twisting of their own web of out of context scriptures. Mallocchino is not to be trusted as to spreading any truth but shold be obvious to all he is a twister of scriptures creating a false narrative of Paul Reject scriptures as applicable to him, except when they suit his purpose. Then claims that is what other are doing.

Akragon, I know you have seen the post I have made concerning the Apostles representing Israel in Revelation and he seemed to over look the fact that one was a Canaanite. No Canaanite is of the tribe of Israel. I know you have seen he over looked the fact that the twelve Apostles did trust Paul as found in Acts 15, and I know you have seen the proof he falsely taught about the baptism with] fire as the Holy Ghost giving of spiritual gifts after purifying a man of his personal chaff.

Theses twistings of scriptures is exactly what Peter taught about men like Malocchino/Gnosisisfaith and others who oppose Paul and the truth of God's word.

The Apostles did know Paul was a false prophet and accused him of false teachings in Acts.

He was to undergo a purification ritual and submitted to it. Innocent men don't accept punishment when they don't have to and Paul could have denied the charge and said no, but he didn't.

This is the point where Paul goes on to start a seperate movement without the Apostles and he says he learned nothing from them who "seemed to be pillars (whatever they were makes no difference to me...)"

Sorry Cheter John, you are not going to win this debate because unlike you I debate from the truth and not my emotional attachment to a false prophet.

Try it sometime.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Page 31 last post was the latest go there and refute. It is always easy to claim someone hasn't but you fail to acknowledge you are wrong on so many points it is almost a comedic if it were not a serious offense of the preserved word of God.

Go back to your claim of the twelve apostles being representatives of the twelve tribes where you over looked one was named by inspiration of Scriptures as a Canaanite.

You have misused the scriptures for your private interpretation by divorcing the verse or verse you use from their context. This is what the Pharisees and the false prophets of that day did. Take scriptures out of context and create false narratives and proclaim it was from God.

You have yet to find the cross references that are not obvious in Paul's writings and I doubt you ever will because you are not familiar with the scriptures. And the one that are obvious you slander God in saying that PAUL not God inspired those words, and changed the preserved word of God.

Jesus and John and Paul said by inspiration of God, You shall know them by their works and your works here have been proven false about the apostle representation of the 12 tribes, the apostles not accepting Paul, and about the baptism with fire.

Stop spreading your lies it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God

Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
The scriptures witness against you in this thread that you are a false teacher. There is no salvation unless you repent before you reach the deadline of your life.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Just because Simon was from Phoenicia (that eras name for Canaan) doesn't make him a Canaanite.

Simon was Hebrew, not a Canaanite, a people who scripture has exterminated by Joshua.

I guess you are not familiar with the fact that Jews lived in other places besides Judea and more lived abroad than in Judea.

Lol. He was still a Hebrew/Israelite.

Just like a Jew from Alexandria would be called an Alexandrian, Simon the Canaanite (Phoenician) lived in Phoenicia and was called a Canaanite (Phoenician) because of residence.

Not race. And if he was a Phoenician/Canaanite that makes no difference to the number of Apostles or the reason 12 were selected to equal the number of tribes.

Read the Vision of New Jerusalem in Revelation.

You make this easy...and fun!!!

So your false teaching is correct and the preserved word of God is Wrong even though it does not say he was from the region of Canaan but says forthright he is a Canaanite.

Mt 10:4 Simon the Canaanite, and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed him.
Mr 3:18 And Andrew, and Philip, and Bartholomew, and Matthew, and Thomas, and James the [son] of Alphaeus, and Thaddaeus, and Simon the Canaanite,
Satan couldn't have a better man for the job than you to misuse and twist the word of God.

I am not unaware of where the Jews lived but that is not what it says. You have twisted to make it seem that way. You are quoting men in the past who have tried to prove he wasn't a Canaanite because they did not understand why Jesus would choose someone who wasn't a Jew to be a APOSTLE. The truth is God accepted the Gentiles who wanted to live among the Jews as long like the Jews they kept the law of Moses in the land of Israel. And that is where he was int he land of Israel. Jesus did not go into the land of Canaan because that land was and is where Israel is located then and today.

No Simon the Canaanite is exactly that a Canaanite you just reject the clear revelation of God preserved words to help your own private interpretation. You accept the writings of men over the truth of God's inspired and preserved words.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Are you just going to insult me and claim you did things that you didn't and accuse me of things I didn't do?

Weak. You wonder why no one ever agrees with you.

Because you are combative, insulting and make false claims and false accusations.

You also never contribute anything except quotes with little or no relation to the topic and troll religious threads harassing anyone who has realized that Christianity as it is publicly is a farce.

You are a Christian troll with no tolerance and less facts.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

No where in Bible does it say Simon was from Phoenicia he was living in Galilee where he was called. And was ordained in Nazareth to be sent forth to preach the kingdom Gospel to the half breed Jews in Samaria.

You reject the Bible over the words of men.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

This is what the Pharisees and the false prophets of that day did. Take scriptures out of context and create false narratives and proclaim it was from God.

That is EXACTLY what Paul did.

You have yet to find the cross references that are not obvious in Paul's writings and I doubt you ever will because you are not familiar with the scriptures.

Malocchio did...many times. I did, as well.
One of the main ones I pointed out was Romans 3 (where Paul says NONE ARE RIGHTEOUS). I showed how Paul used Psalm 14 completely out of context, using only part of that Psalm to support his false teaching in Romans.
That Psalm IN CONTEXT is a contrast between the "fool who says there is no god"....and "the RIGTEOUS whom God is WITH".
Not only that, but Jesus HIMSELF called many people righteous, and accused the Pharisee's of blood guilt for killing them.
So, are you going to address those things, or keep calling us liars, false teachers, etc....(which is EXACTLY what Paul did to those who disagreed with him).

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join