It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Paul Invent Christianity?

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Matrixsurvivor

Jesus Ministered to Israel with a gospel of the Kingdom, Jesus later sent Paul to minister to the Gentiles.

The difference between Peters message in Acts two and Acts ten is that God allowed the gentiles to have the baptism of the holy Ghost and its gifts without the required repentance and baptism he taught in Acts two.

But you seem to think you are Israel, a Jew, living in the past before the crucifixion and before Paul was called and so you want only the teaching of Jesus.

So go for it but it wont get you to heaven it will only bring you a curse. Because today male or female, Jew or Gentile everyone is saved by faith alone on the finished work of Christ on the cross, a sacrifice and a substitute. And you wont find that int eh gospel of the Kingdom only in the gospel of the grace of God.

All these teachings come from Jesus to Paul for us today.

So my faith is int he finished work of Christ cross.

You fail to rightly divide so you will fail in your salvation in a gospel.

I will stick with my whole Preserved word of God and you stick to yours and let's just agree to wait and see what God has to say.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnPrewett
When He saw their faith, He said to him, “Man, your sins are forgiven you.” Luke 5:20
He said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you. Go in peace.” Luke 7:50

To people "under the Law" ... People whose leaders insisted that Salvation be tied to Law keeping,

Jesus revealed salvation by faith in Himself.

The great ministry Jesus gave Paul was for Paul to proclaim and expound on the claim of "salvation via faith apart from the Law .....
IN LIGHT OF THE LAW.

Paul was and IS bitterly opposed by and hated by those who STILL insist that salvation is tied to Law Keeping.

Way to go John truth is truth and you just showed it. No need for me to quote Jesus as they wanted seeing you already did it for me.

and a Star
edit on 14-10-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
A wise one once proclaimed:

" The road is narrow, and few will find it."

A person could just ignore this statement and choose the widest path in Biblical Christianity and it's misrepresentation of the Nazarene, of scripture Jewish and Roman alike even declaring that they know who wrote the Gospels by naming them when its a fact that they are anonymous like the Torah.

Well to be fair Catholicism acknowledges that the Gospels were anonymous and likely heavily interpolated from time of first penning until the first complete Bible that had the Revelation of Peter and Shepherd of Hermas that would be removed for unknown reasons.

And they have admitted to the pseudepigraphal nature of the Epistles too. Tradition has been Paul wrote most of his letters but many are pseudo epigraphs for fake. And they say it doesn't matter.

For what it's worth the Catholic Epistles and the Pauline Epistles do portray a two faction war of words called the Pauline vs Petrine fractions.

Paul reminds me of modern day dis tracks that Hip Hop stars engage in. Paul despises James and Cephas but uses circumcision and rude terms like hypocrites when talking about the Apostles comparing them to satans masquerading as angels of lightl.

And to prove the ineptitude of Christendom '"No marvel! Even Satan appears as an angel of light." is a favorite quote of Christians used every day to convince people that Satan is everywhere even in good.

Don't forget Jesus emphatic statement of impossibility re: Satan doing anything good (casting out demons in that instance).

A divided Kingdom can't stand and Paul is wrong. The Holy Spirit is good so giving Satan credit it blasphemy of the Holy Spirit and the unpardonable sin.

Paul teaches to blaspheme the Spirit again by calling the declaration of the Holy Spirit about idol meat delivered through James for the ''weak" and that it could be broken if not in the company of said weak "brother."

I think that is all that needs to be said.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
If you go to Google and type in:

: False Apo-

It will fill in False Apostle Paul and no one else!!!

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

But you seem to think you are Israel, a Jew, living in the past before the crucifixion and before Paul was called and so you want only the teaching of Jesus.

And you don't want the teachings of Jesus....you want Paul's. A false apostle, wolf in sheep's clothing, who CHANGED the message of the Savior you say you follow. You've traded your "Messiah" in for a liar.

edit on 14-10-2016 by Matrixsurvivor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Christianity claims Jesus is many things.

Logos, Son of God and Son of Man.

Messiah, Christ, Shepherd, Lion of Judah.

And since the fourth century God the Son.

Forgive me if I listen to his prophecy and learn from his parables the way to interpret things. He is not going to be topped and I don't need his teachings explained to me.

Paul is useless.

He teaches nothing useful for the mind, body or soul and will lead you to the wide path of serfdom Christianity.

No need to learn anything because you're ''saved'' and going to Heaven when you die for taking the worlds word for it that that Jewish guy who was killed cancels out your sins as a reward for accepting this nonsense .

Am I allowed to find that both sad and hilarious? Of course.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

No need for me to quote Jesus as they wanted seeing you already did it for me.

Jesus said WAAAY more than those two verses. WAY more. Can you quote more of what He said? What's so interesting is, you and the other Paulinists on here, will trade Jesus' words for Paul's...as soon as they contradict.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Do people think Jesus teachings were too complicated to understand?

Because they are actually profound and simple, easy to understand.

Water Baptism for forgiveness and the aquiring of the Spirit leading to the fire Baptism where your personal chaff is buned away and you are purified in the Baptism of Fire.

Fire is also Wisdom and the Spirit is Wisdom, Truth, Comfort.

3 years it takes from Baptism to Ascencion.

We have an inner eye of light called the Lamp. The third eye. 33 years and 7 seals is the Kundalini and Chackra system.

You don't die before you ressurect but while you are breathing you do.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnPrewett

Paul was and IS bitterly opposed by and hated by those who STILL insist that salvation is tied to Law Keeping.

LOL...yea, that would include Jesus who Paul would be "bitterly opposed to".

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Matthew 5:18

So, have heaven and earth passed away yet?

The Rich Young Ruler
16And someone came to Him and said, “Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may obtain eternal life?” 17And He said to him, “Why are you asking Me about what is good? There is only One who is good; but if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments.” 18Then he said to Him, “Which ones?” And Jesus said, “YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT MURDER; YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY; YOU SHALL NOT STEAL; YOU SHALL NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS; 19HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER; and YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.” 20The young man said to Him, “All these things I have kept; what am I still lacking?” 21Jesus said to him, “If you wish to be complete, go and sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.” 22But when the young man heard this statement, he went away grieving; for he was one who owned much property. Matthew 19:16-20

Paul called the "law" (which would include those 10 commandments that Jesus said to keep to inherit eternal life), "a yoke of bondage", "a curse", and that by even trying to keep them, you come under a curse (see Galatians 3)
So, Jesus taught the exact opposite of Paul. You, however, choose to ignore Jesus' teachings and instead replace them with Paul's rubbish.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: Malocchio

you make a lot of claims but with no proof.

You just say the same things over and over and over with no proof.

He has used the Bible itself as proof....yet you have no rebuttal. Not ONCE have you or any others on here, been able to defend the things he's pointed out....not once.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Malocchio

Water Baptism for forgiveness and the aquiring of the Spirit leading to the fire Baptism where your personal chaff is buned away and you are purified in the Baptism of Fire.

We have an inner eye of light called the Lamp. The third eye. 33 years and 7 seals is the Kundalini and Chackra system.

So true...not only that, but the " Spirit " is not only wisdom, comfort, and truth....but also feminine. Are those attributes masculine?? Nope. Those are the feminine aspects of the TRUE Creator. So, guess what? The "Holy Ghost" isn't a "ghost", but the female aspect of GOD.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Matrixsurvivor

originally posted by: Malocchio

So true...not only that, but the " Spirit " is not only wisdom, comfort, and truth....but also feminine. Are those attributes masculine?? Nope. Those are the feminine aspects of the TRUE Creator. So, guess what? The "Holy Ghost" isn't a "ghost", but the female aspect of GOD.

Very true.

In the writings of the ''Church fathers" the Ebionites (maybe Nazarenes) are said to have Jesus saying that the Holy Spirit was his Mother.

And absolutely, Truth, Wisdom, Comfort are all feminine aspects. The Irony being it's commonly believed woman are erratic and unreasonably emotional. This is garbage from insecure male perspectives and some women with domestic Stockholm.

Also in Kabbalah Chockma (Wisdom) is one of three feminine attributes of the Tree of Life. I can't recall from memory what the others are , maybe Binah (understanding?) and one more. So goes it for "Gnostic" Christianity with Sophia (Wisdom) and Mary Magdalene the star of the earthly portion of Pistis Sophia.

These Christians were strong from the days of Iranaeus and possibly the first century until the time of Athanasius Goebbels.

The whole city of Alexandria, a community of Christians and Jews of all persuasions that lived in harmony and valued science, history and philosophy as highly as religion and mythology and were very liberal was destroyed by the Romans. Literally a whole city of learning with the worlds greatest library and temples was raised, demolished and it's inhabitants killed or chased off.

edit on 15-10-2016 by Malocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   
The war is not against free thought but Satan, his demons and their "crafty acts*" (Ephesians 6:11, *: Or “the schemes.”; including philosophies that are often labeled as "free thought", or sold as sophisticated and openminded, enlightened or enlightenment), against lies and deception, against "profitless talk" and "deceivers of the mind" (biblical terms). The "punishment" spoken of is referring to the earlier 'destroying of arguments' and being taught by discipline.

1 Timothy 1:20
20 Hy·me·naeʹus and Alexander are among these, and I have handed them over to Satan so that they may be taught by discipline not to blaspheme.

You wouldn't want to try to understand...

But nice dodge. You know one of the pieces of armor in this spiritual war discussed in the video above is related to the subject of "peace" again? And one of the weapons in this war is the bible.

Ephesians 6: 13-17:
For this reason take up the complete suit of armor from God, so that you may be able to resist in the wicked day and, after you have accomplished everything, to stand firm. 14 Stand firm, therefore, with the belt of truth fastened around your waist, wearing the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having your feet shod in readiness to declare the good news of peace. 16 Besides all of this, take up the large shield of faith, with which you will be able to extinguish all the wicked one’s burning arrows. 17 Also, accept the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the spirit, that is, God’s word,
edit on 15-10-2016 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Also I can not stand the term ''Holy Ghost" because a ghost is a trapped soul of a dead person and not anything Holy. It's an insult to associate death with the Holy Spirit.

Good eye catching the incorrect misnomer adopted by people who don't think about the power of speach and the meaning of words.

God is a Spirit, calling God a ghost is not at all common so calling the Spirit a ghost is odd to say the least. I wonder who started the trend, did they know what they were doing and that ghost is not synonymous with Spirit just a type of spirit and a specifically dead one?

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

I am not impressed with your reliance on others words and others videos to put up a fight for Paul. It lacks originality and ingenuity.

I have read the Bible and the truth is your quote is so ineffective at redeming Paul from the abyss and just a bunch of words that you think mean something but mean nothing and are garbage like everything penned under the name Paul meant to deceive and fool the weak serfs of the Empire into submission.

What is so great about your Ephesians quote? Nothing.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Not to mention one of your quotes has Paul boasting he "handed over to Satan" a dissenter.

You think it's noble to, even metaphorically, hand someone over to Satan for disagreeing with you? There is nothing redeemable about a person who does that to a former friend, Satan is the enemy and Paul sends him recruits?

Thanks for the reminder as I had forgotten about the ''handed over to Satan" quote and was meaning to mention it.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic
The war is not against free thought but Satan, his demons and their "crafty acts*" (Ephesians 6:11, *: Or “the schemes.”; including philosophies that are often labeled as "free thought", or sold as sophisticated and openminded, enlightened or enlightenment),

So you think philosophy (love of wisdom) and ''free thought" are insidious but not the scheme of ''Believe in Christs sacrificial atonement or go to hell"?

I don't admire you.

Enlightenment is good, it's literally a grand way of saying educated and open to new ideas as well as questioning the old.

against lies and deception, against "profitless talk" and "deceivers of the mind" (biblical terms). The "punishment" spoken of is referring to the earlier 'destroying of arguments' and being taught by discipline.

1 Timothy 1:20
20 Hy·me·naeʹus and Alexander are among these, and I have handed them over to Satan so that they may be taught by discipline not to blaspheme.

You wouldn't want to try to understand...

But nice dodge. You know one of the pieces of armor in this spiritual war discussed in the video above is related to the subject of "peace" again? And one of the weapons in this war is the bible.

Be a gent and tell me, what did I ''dodge?"

Other than that, typical Paulianna Christian behavior, compare me to Satan and say I am doing something I'm not (dodging) your tactics are so... ineffective.

Ephesians 6: 13-17:
For this reason take up the complete suit of armor from God, so that you may be able to resist in the wicked day and, after you have accomplished everything, to stand firm. 14 Stand firm, therefore, with the belt of truth fastened around your waist, wearing the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having your feet shod in readiness to declare the good news of peace. 16 Besides all of this, take up the large shield of faith, with which you will be able to extinguish all the wicked one’s burning arrows. 17 Also, accept the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the spirit, that is, God’s word,

Blah.

Is as profound a statement as every word of "Paul's" or his pseudepigrapher.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I never said I don't want the teachings of Jesus.

Again you represent me with lies.

All the preserve words of God have application I can glean for my life including those of Jesus.

What I have been advocating is that there are certain parts that don't directly apply to me and one of them i s the Law of Moses, because I am not a Jew living in the land of Israel under the kingdom (past) nor the kingdom yet still to come (the future). Israel in the land today does not have the Tabernacle or the Temple to follow the Law of Moses as it did in the time of Jesus first visitation.

This is why God inspired the instruction to study his word and rightly divide.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

sure he did but most of it was TO Israel. I don't follow the instruction of other peoples mail but it doesn't mean I can't glean an application for my life that is why I read the words of Jesus.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

a reply to: MalocchioWater Baptism for forgiveness and the aquiring of the Spirit leading to the fire Baptism where your personal chaff is buned away and you are purified in the Baptism of Fire.

I love it when people divorce scripture form its context to create a false doctrine (whether they intended it to be false or not). The one you speak of has been hijacked from liberal Christian church doctrine that believe the baptism with fire is receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost. Nothing could be further from the truth.

But if we take the ONE verse that has the baptism with fire in it and place it back into its context even a 10 year old can see that the baptism with fire is Judgement fire.

The subject and context at hand starts in Matthew chapter 3 verse 7 and finishes ends in verse 12. (I will use only Matthew because there are so many instances of Jesus using the word fire that I would have to place a wall of text no one wants to read through).

You can see right away that John is preaching the gospel of the Kingdom (see Matthew 3:1,2 all with in the context) and it requires fruit meet for repentance. First mention of fire is in verse 10, some when he comes to judge as one with a fan which separates those Jews that are righteous from those who are unrighteous he gathers his and gives them the Holy Ghost and he send those who are not to be burned with fire.

Matt 3:7 ¶ But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:
9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.
10 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

I wonder what fire it could be? Jesus spoke of that fire more often than any other Historical Bible person.

Funny how Jesus teaches the same thing to ISRAEL that John did about trees bringing forth good fruit, John called it the fruit of repentance. (side Note, Men are mentioned to be like trees throughout scripture BTW).

Mt 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
Mt 7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Mt 13:40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
Mt 13:42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Mt 13:50 And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Mt 18:8 Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast [them] from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire.
Mt 18:9 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast [it] from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.
Mt 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

All fire when not mentioned as being used for cooking or warming, is judgement, whether it be the fire on the altar that consumes the sacrifice or the Pseudo-interpretation of Matthew 3:11 of the baptism with fire, it speaks of his judgement. the fire here in Matthew 3 is not a purifying of ones personal chaff but one of separation and destruction.

edit on 15-10-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join